myNZB

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Hyperal

Re: myNZB

Post by Hyperal »

I cannot for the life of me get this to work.  In settings i have the host as my external IP, port 8080 (default), my username and password are correct and the api key is correct.  The error I receive is "Sabnzbd error: The request timed out".

Does this mean I am missing a setting in SAB that is causing it not to respond?  I have everything in SAB at default settings.  I am using iphone4 4.01.  

Any ideas?  I really like the idea of this app but it's killing me.

Thanks

EDIT:

**Nevermind fixed cause i'm an idiot.  In case anyone else is an idiot as well:  SAB cannot be running on "localhost" you must put in the ip address of the comp it's running on
Last edited by Hyperal on September 14th, 2010, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braindeadjim

Post by braindeadjim »

Hyperal wrote:
**Nevermind fixed cause i'm an idiot.  In case anyone else is an idiot as well:  SAB cannot be running on "localhost" you must put in the ip address of the comp it's running on
I've been having the same problem as well, it works perfectly on my home network. Once i try to access through 3G it gives me SABnzbd+: ERROR Request timed out. what do you mean the ip address of the comp its running on? do you mean the external ip address? or the internal ip address? thank you very much if anyone can help me, i'm so close, but i still cant get it to work.
Vdub

Post by Vdub »

Short guide on how to get myNZB working (not HTTPS) on your iPhone.

1. Start SABnzbd on the PC you want to control through myNZB
2. Navigate to Config > General
3. Set the SABnzbd Host to: 0.0.0.0 (allow remote access)
4. Set the SABnzbd Port to: 8080 (or something else, as long as you forward this port in your firewall)
5. Set a Username and Password in the Web server authentication groupbox and save

Now, it´s time to configure the myNZB application.

6. Navigate to Settings in your iPhone > [scroll down] > click the myNZB icon
7. Click on Server 1
8. Name: Enter a descriptive name for the server
9. Host: Enter the IP address of the PC running SABnzbd. Note that this should be the external IP, not the internally assigned one (if you are running a router)
10. Port: Enter the port as set in SABnzbd (see step 4)
11. Username: Enter the username as set in SABnzbd (see step 5)
12. Password: Enter the password as set in SABnzbd (see step 5)
13. Enable the API key option
14. API Key: Enter the API key that is set in SABnzbd (Config > General)
15. Click the myNZB back button in the upper left corner to return to settings for myNZB
16. DONE

There are separate settings for the different NZB indexing sites in myNZB. This should not be too difficult to set up. If asked for an API Key (e.g. NZBMatrix), this refers to the API Key for your account at NZBMatrix, not the one in SABnzbd.

Hope that anyone that found it difficult getting the application to work can make use of the steps above. Feel free to correct or add to the step-by-step instructions.
Last edited by Vdub on September 22nd, 2010, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpecialEffect

Post by SpecialEffect »

Ugh, i keep having problems with my nzb... Im pretty sure somethings wrong with what im putting in my host information.... what exactly am i sopose to put in?

(iphone 4)
Hyperal

Post by Hyperal »

braindeadjim wrote:
Hyperal wrote:
I've been having the same problem as well, it works perfectly on my home network. Once i try to access through 3G it gives me SABnzbd+: ERROR Request timed out. what do you mean the ip address of the comp its running on? do you mean the external ip address? or the internal ip address? thank you very much if anyone can help me, i'm so close, but i still cant get it to work.
Im only guessing, but it sounds like you may have put the internal IP (192.168.0.xxx or however your router assigns them) into MyNzb server settings.  You need to put the external IP (google myIP or go to DynDNS and set up a host) and then make sure you forward the port in your router's settings. 

VDub's guide is exactly correct.

If you set up a host, you'll put in the web address of the host ( ex: http://mynzb.dyndns.org) and the port ( usually 8080 ) in MyNzb server settings.  THe important thing here is that you tell your router to forward everything coming in on port 8080 to the INTERNAL ip address of the box running SAB.  You can get that by running "ipconfig" in a command prompt on the comp with Sab on it.

Thats it folks, its easy just follow VDub's steps.  I'm not hatin' cause I screwed it up at first to. 
quassum

Post by quassum »

I got a small feature request; would it be possible to choose a category when adding a NZB? This would help me a lot since now I first have to add an nzb then go to the queue and edit the category of that nzb.
Islander

Post by Islander »

When I select a file to be added from the RSS feeds it does get added to SAB's queue but it never resolves into an item to be dl. Instead this is what sits on the queue index.php!action=getnzb&nzbid=###### (actual numbers replaced by #'s). Any ideas how to fix this?

Also, is there any way to change the number of items listed? Currently it only lists the last 25 items but I aware of this option listed in NZBs.org: "To change the number of results returned: &num=50 (default is 25, max is 100)".

Thanks.

p.s. Thanks for the PM. I went back and re-entered the ID and hash and now this is working. Not sure what went wrong on the initial copy and paste.
Last edited by Islander on October 1st, 2010, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myNZB
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by myNZB »

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update to let you know I’ll be submitting the next version in about 2 weeks time, as I’m off on holiday on Saturday :).

Here is a small sneak peek at updates in the next version:-
- Specify a category to search in NZBMatrix.
- You can now view Newzbin webpage for more detailed information.
- New tab bar icons (thanks to glyphish).
- Hold down on item to add to queue, if you don’t want to go into the item information and press the + button (applies to search results and RSS feeds. Only works with iOS 3.2+ due to API used).
- Backup and restore settings (only available on iOS 4 at the moment via iTunes File Sharing, will try adding support for older firmware).
- Edit MEDIAnzb RSS feeds (webpage interface).
- More features to come... :P
Last edited by myNZB on October 5th, 2010, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warpAzrael

Post by warpAzrael »

newzbin custom searches (saved searches) would be coolest feature i can imagine!
Geurge

Post by Geurge »

Just bought this app from the app store and read through the guides on how to set it up, but got a few problems.

If I set the Host IP address as my external one, I can't connect and just get the error. "SABnzbd Error: Could not connect to the server." If I use my internal IP (the 192.168.0.4) it works fine, but of course if I turn off Wi-fi and use 3G it won't connect.

I'm certain that I followed Vdub's guide perfectly, but it just isn't working. Do I have to forward the 8080 port at all?
Vdub

Post by Vdub »

Geurge wrote: I'm certain that I followed Vdub's guide perfectly, but it just isn't working. Do I have to forward the 8080 port at all?
Yes, you have to forward port 8080 to get it to work over wifi / 3g. If you cannot connect I bet it´s your firewall / router that is blocking the traffic.

That is how I configured mine, where 192.168.0.11 is the internal IP address of the machine running SABnzbd.
Last edited by Vdub on October 10th, 2010, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geurge

Post by Geurge »

Thank you so much Vdub! Got it working perfectly now.
maxrogers

Post by maxrogers »

myNZB wrote: Just a quick update to let you know I’ll be submitting the next version in about 2 weeks time, as I’m off on holiday on Saturday :).
Really looking forward to the updates! Next week can't come soon enough!!!  ;D
vnr111

Post by vnr111 »

feature request:

iOS4.0 multitasking!

and

save my search tab state.  whenever I switch to another tab, it resets my search and I have to enter it all back in again!

Thanks for such a great app.  Ive gotten over 5 people to buy it!
Vdub

Post by Vdub »

Geurge wrote: Thank you so much Vdub! Got it working perfectly now.
Excellent, glad you got it all sorted out  :)