Help with debian etch :: working almost!!

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
mkopel

Help with debian etch :: working almost!!

Post by mkopel »

I have a NAS that runs debian etch. Is it possible to get 0.5.3 running with debian etch? I am a novice when it comes to the build process so any help/guides would be welcome.

thanks.

Edit: I have everything working, but when I start the service upon reboot the interface says it can't find par2. when I start/stop by hand via the script in /etc/init.d everything works great. Is there a better place to put par2 than /usr/local/bin?
Last edited by mkopel on July 14th, 2010, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Help with debian etch :: working almost!!

Post by shypike »

An init.d started program usually gets a less rich path than a program started from a normal user account.
Either put par2 somewhere in a folder listed in the init.d path or
edit the statrup script and extend the path with the required folder.
pallys

Post by pallys »

Hello,

I have Debian Etch (4.0) installed also but I'm having no luck installing this, with dependency errors.  My linux server is heavily configured so updating the OS to Debian 6 isn't really an option for 1 program.  However I am willing to make some changes to get it to work.  In the mean time I am running it in windows but want to make the switch.

I downloaded the debian squeeze package and tried to install that but got dependency errors with python packages.  Downloaded these manually but would not install for same reason.

Has anyone actually got sabnzbdplus working on Debian Etch?

Regards.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

pallys wrote: Hello,

I have Debian Etch (4.0) installed also but I'm having no luck installing this, with dependency errors.  My linux server is heavily configured so updating the OS to Debian 6 isn't really an option for 1 program.  However I am willing to make some changes to get it to work.  In the mean time I am running it in windows but want to make the switch.

I downloaded the debian squeeze package and tried to install that but got dependency errors with python packages.  Downloaded these manually but would not install for same reason.

Has anyone actually got sabnzbdplus working on Debian Etch?

Regards.
Using the squeeze package won't work without making modifications and rebuilding. Your best (but unsupported) chance is going here, and pretending to be on the oldest Ubuntu version still receiving updates (hardy). Might work as is, if not try rebuilding the hardy package from source:

Code: Select all

dget -u --build https://launchpad.net/~jcfp/+archive/ppa/+files/sabnzbdplus_0.5.4-0ubuntu1%7Ejcfp1%7Ehardy.dsc
As said, no support/warranty/etc.