Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
rascalli

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by rascalli »

csop19 wrote: This is a cool software :)

However, I'm running into some issues.

I use sickbeard's post processing scripts, the one you can enable in the config. When an episode was downloaded, it copies the file and puts it into the desired directory and renames it accordingly. So far so good.
However, I'd like it to _move_ the file. Also, it does not seem to recognise whether a file has already been post processed. Ergo it copies the file over and over, constantly writing to disk which sucks until I delete the file in the downloaded folder by myself. SAB and SickBeard are running on the same PC.
Why use the one in the config ?
It is better to use the one that is called by sabnzbd+
I would recommend you to use that one
csop19

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by csop19 »

Ok, I just set the script up.
Although, it says that it failed to run the script, but it doesn't say why.
First idea I've had, that it isn't exectuable, so I added a #!/my/python2.6
and chmod +x xyz.py

However, I'm not anxious about waiting for it to download again. Any chance I can run that script again on the finished download?

//edit: I have now tried to run the autoprocessing script manually (xyz.py /path/to/extracted/files) and it started copying the files again instead of moving. It didn't delete them either.

I have now checked the source of "processTv.py" and as it seems, it will move it unless there is an error and copy and delete instead.
Sab and SickBeard are on the same server, all paths are abosolute. So why doesn't it just move the files? I'll try to have it output the exception.
Has anybody else experienced such a behaviour?
Last edited by csop19 on October 4th, 2010, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

FYI everybody I am back but I am not going to read back the whole thread and reply to each post - if there is something you still need to figure out please post it on the sickbeard.com forums and I will reply there (or repost here).
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

Welcome back midgetspy,
Hope you had a great holiday and raring to get back to work on Sickbeard  ;D
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
csop19

Post by csop19 »

@midgetspy: this board just seemed more active than sb.com :)
My problem is just one post above yours.
mlabate

Post by mlabate »

csop19 wrote: @midgetspy: this board just seemed more active than sb.com :)
My problem is just one post above yours.
You should post it on sb.com so we can make that more active and then more people will post issues on there.

That way it will be much easier to find issues with different threads instead of a 70+ page post.
blargman

Post by blargman »

i don't see a delete option. edited instead. please ignore. sickbeard will not run with 2.7!
Last edited by blargman on October 24th, 2010, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemox

Post by daemox »

For anyone that may have missed it (that are running from source), Sick Beard now supports updates within the program itself. I've tested it and it's been working the last few days.

I recommend enabling Notify when new versions are available in Config then General. You may have to restart Sick Beard, but then after that it will give you a notice if and when any updates are available as well as a link to what exactly is going to be updated/changed.

Cheers,
daemox
daemox
JayBird

Post by JayBird »

daemox wrote: For anyone that may have missed it (that are running from source), Sick Beard now supports updates within the program itself. I've tested it and it's been working the last few days.

I recommend enabling Notify when new versions are available in Config then General. You may have to restart Sick Beard, but then after that it will give you a notice if and when any updates are available as well as a link to what exactly is going to be updated/changed.

Cheers,
daemox
Awesome, been waiting for this and didn't realise it had been added

THanks
blargman

Post by blargman »

2 part question. If I set say 10 old eps of a show as 'wanted'. Should sickbeard be searching for these in the cache and/or doing manual searches on my search providers every so often? Because I only seem to finally get them if I manually hit search it seems.

Also, if I wanted to 'search' for say 10 eps of a show, is there no way to do this in one shot instead of clicking,waiting for search to complete, clicking next one, etc...
Homerboy

Post by Homerboy »

blargman wrote: 2 part question. If I set say 10 old eps of a show as 'wanted'. Should sickbeard be searching for these in the cache and/or doing manual searches on my search providers every so often? Because I only seem to finally get them if I manually hit search it seems.

Also, if I wanted to 'search' for say 10 eps of a show, is there no way to do this in one shot instead of clicking,waiting for search to complete, clicking next one, etc...

They would be searched for in the next backlog search. You can manually trigger this if you want too, or just wait until the next scheculed search.
blargman

Post by blargman »

I swore this wasn't working. please ignore my useless post. you are right.
jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jubei »

How can I use CURL to get the newest source code?  I've tried this: 

Code: Select all

curl -O http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master
But it returns a malformed URL error.  Has anyone tried this?  I'm trying to adapt this Linux script I found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p= ... post549169 for the Mac.  Since the Mac doesn't have WGET natively, I'm trying to use CURL and setup a CRON job for the mac to auto update Sickbeard.  Any ideas?
daemox

Post by daemox »

If you pull from source there's an integrated auto-update feature. If you're not familiar with git, you can also likely just manually download it from the Git-hub page, run it as you will, and then enable Checking for updates (see above) and you should be good to go.

If you have further questions you may want to ask them in Sick Beard's own forum at sickbeard.com.

Take care,
daemox
daemox
jubei
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jubei »

Ahhh I didn't see that you could update from source now.....I installed GIT to update with my script before I saw that