CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
jonaskp

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by jonaskp »

I had "Meet the Fockers" on my Wanted list, and CP picked up "Meine Frau ihre Schwiegereltern und ich 2004 DL 1080p BluRay AC3 x264", which was not intended. Do you need some logs or something?

Also I previously had all my movies named with spaces in them, but changed that to dots after that was introduced. Now CP can't replace lower qualities with new ones, but rather just makes a new movie.
Should I manually remove those, or will you be able to fix it so CP cleans it up by itself (keeping the database correctly intact).

[edit] I just looked again at the movies. And it seems that the movies that now has both a "with spaces" and "with dot" entries doesn't get the subtitles and trailers right.
It seems that it only search and downloads to the oldest folder (in my case the one with spaces). Maybe that explains why it looked like it searched for subtitles for the 1080p version but downloaded for a DVDrip version.
Last edited by jonaskp on October 23rd, 2010, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brainfrz

Post by Brainfrz »

I'm trying to setup couchpotato, and so far it looks great, but it doesn't get any movies, even when i can see them in nzbmatrix.

My guess is i need a API-key for it.

nzbs.org doesn't accept any new logins, and i dont know of any Newznab providers. So technically the only way to make it work is to donate to nzbmatrix? I'd gladly do so if that makes couchpotato work. (and if it works smoothly, i'd donate to CP too :P )
MrAcid

Post by MrAcid »

Your assumptions are all correct. :)
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

You can try and find a good newznab provider for free ;)
But yes, NZBMatrix is your best bet. If you know any good free providers that have proper category support, let me know in the Git issues ;)
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

I can recommend : http://www.nzb.su/
jwdv22

Post by jwdv22 »

I finally got CP working by disabling NZBMatrix and using the post aboves Host and a reboot of the server. Will try re-enabling NZBMatrix.

I so far looks like it is working great. I have a couple of questions though...

1.) Is it possible to have CP or Sabnzbd merge CD1.avi and CD2.avi?
- I use post processing for Sickbeard already but not sure how it might work for CP.

2.) The Quality settings in CP versus the Quality when adding a movie. My Quality settings are DVD-RIP, DVD-R, Screener, R5, in that order. If I add MovieX with Screener quality to my wanted Queue, will it download the screener when it is released then DVD-RIP when it is released?
    - I guess how does it compare to how SickBeard will download best quality avaiable then re-download a better quality if that is posted later?

Thanks and I love it so far.
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

New Windows build, finally..
See: http://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotat ... angelog.md

@jwdv22
CP can't do a merge.
It will download the quality available, and should overwrite it, once a better quality is found.
Last edited by RuudBurger on October 25th, 2010, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Are you using git for that? as i'm planning to remove the "new update" if you'r on the latest git version.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

jwdv22 wrote: 1.) Is it possible to have CP or Sabnzbd merge CD1.avi and CD2.avi?
- I use post processing for Sickbeard already but not sure how it might work for CP.
I run a script after sabnzbd+ downloads the movie that merges  & then have that script place it in the folder CP watches (on linux)
Duumke
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by Duumke »

pair of dimes wrote: RuudBurger could you please add a way to disable check for updates, as well as the notifications for this?

I run a script that takes care of updates for me, and do not want to do this through the CP web interface.
Could you post that script? I'm interested in keeping up to date automatically as well.
I assume you're using the git version to take care of it.
Jim

Post by Jim »

does the script shutdown CP before updating or is it possible to update while CP is running?
an automatic update tool would be very helpful for this lazy bum ;D
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Jim wrote: does the script shutdown CP before updating or is it possible to update while CP is running?
an automatic update tool would be very helpful for this lazy bum ;D
You must be really lazy ;-)
As there is an auto update tool already
maxrogers

Post by maxrogers »

Anyone know why the wait (5 hours:)  ???

16:26:25 INFO  [        app.lib.cron.yarr] Such & Such Video DVDR BLOW but waiting for 5 hours.
16:26:23 INFO  [.lib.provider.yarr.search] Checking if http://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download.p ... nonononono is valid.
Last edited by maxrogers on October 29th, 2010, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheCaptain

Post by TheCaptain »

maxrogers wrote: Anyone know why the wait (5 hours:)  ???

16:26:25 INFO  [        app.lib.cron.yarr] Found Scott Pilgrim vs the World DVDR BLOW but waiting for 5 hours.
16:26:23 INFO  [.lib.provider.yarr.search] Checking if http://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download.p ... nonononono is valid.
You have it set to download better quality if available with a wait time for lower quality. This way you dont download a DVD, then 10 minutes later download it again in 720p/1080p, it waits X number of hours to see if a better quality version is there, if not it will download the lower. You can change the wait time in the settings.
maxrogers

Post by maxrogers »

You have it set to download better quality if available with a wait time for lower quality. This way you dont download a DVD, then 10 minutes later download it again in 720p/1080p, it waits X number of hours to see if a better quality version is there, if not it will download the lower. You can change the wait time in the settings.
Ah, so since I have mine set to "Wait 0 day(s) for better quality" than 0 days = wait 5 hours. Is this what is happening then?
Last edited by maxrogers on October 29th, 2010, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.