CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Bydgoszcz

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by Bydgoszcz »

mtehonica wrote:
Bydgoszcz wrote: Loving Couch Potato, great job! Especially on the look of the interface.... SickBeard take note ;)

I do have a request though. I find the idea of Snatched and Downloaded a little redundant, yes I get the need to confirm it downloaded fine, but I would love to see Downloaded and Snatched have the same detail level as Wanted, especially the quality part. So I can look at what version it had downloaded (1080p, 720p, DVD-R) at which point I can say it downloaded properly but I also would like the ability for it to keep looking for better versions (It could only find a DVD-R version of the film {older film that hasn't been released on Blu-Ray yet} and to continue looking for either a 1080p or 720p rip.)

Thanks for the awesome program, keep up the great work.
Yes, I would like the option to have it stay "Wanted" after I download it and have it only search for higher quality after that.
You know oddly I answered my own request. I wasn't sure how the quality and finished settings worked, but now I do. After setting up a custom quality setting, with 1080p then 720p then DVD-R, I made sure to have only 1080p have a finished check mark. With that it found a dvd-r version and added it to Sabnzbd (The only thing that didn't work was the wait 2 days before downloading), but it left it in the Wanted category. So I'm guessing it will stay there until it finds a 1080p version.
mtehonica
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by mtehonica »

Bydgoszcz wrote:
mtehonica wrote:
Bydgoszcz wrote: Loving Couch Potato, great job! Especially on the look of the interface.... SickBeard take note ;)

I do have a request though. I find the idea of Snatched and Downloaded a little redundant, yes I get the need to confirm it downloaded fine, but I would love to see Downloaded and Snatched have the same detail level as Wanted, especially the quality part. So I can look at what version it had downloaded (1080p, 720p, DVD-R) at which point I can say it downloaded properly but I also would like the ability for it to keep looking for better versions (It could only find a DVD-R version of the film {older film that hasn't been released on Blu-Ray yet} and to continue looking for either a 1080p or 720p rip.)

Thanks for the awesome program, keep up the great work.
Yes, I would like the option to have it stay "Wanted" after I download it and have it only search for higher quality after that.
You know oddly I answered my own request. I wasn't sure how the quality and finished settings worked, but now I do. After setting up a custom quality setting, with 1080p then 720p then DVD-R, I made sure to have only 1080p have a finished check mark. With that it found a dvd-r version and added it to Sabnzbd (The only thing that didn't work was the wait 2 days before downloading), but it left it in the Wanted category. So I'm guessing it will stay there until it finds a 1080p version.
Awesome!  I knew there had to be a way to do it but given I'm a CP noobie I couldn't figure it out!
megmn

Post by megmn »

Hi,

Is there a way to re-process movies I've already downloaded that's in downloads/complete. For example, before I installed CP I had movies downloaded but now I want it to process them.

thx,
megamn
psikoh

Post by psikoh »

Renaming isn't picking up on the right quality for me... Has done it on several movies so far, but only started happening recently. I am using version 2b91073

11:46:29 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "E:\Downloads\Complete\Movies\Knight and Day 2010 720p BluRay x264 DTS WiKi\Knight.and.Day.2010.720p.BluRay.x264.DTS-WiKi.mkv" to Y:\!Movies\Knight.and.Day.2010.1080P.BluRay.x264\Knight.and.Day.2010.1080P.BluRay.x264.mkv.
11:46:29 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 6706.
11:46:29 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.renamer] Creating directory Y:\!Movies\Knight.and.Day.2010.1080P.BluRay.x264
11:46:19 INFO  [    app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: Knight.and.Day.2010.720p.BluRay.x264.DTS-WiKi.mkv
Bydgoszcz

Post by Bydgoszcz »

Does Couch Potato overwrite files, specifically when it downloads a higher resolution file?
theagent

Post by theagent »

lowfi wrote:
theagent wrote:
lowfi wrote: Funny... because im not able to update SB from the program itself. I can with couchpotato.

I have version 2b91073 of CP. It however sometimes fails to rename and download metadata for movies... 
I just updated SB from the program itself a few minutes ago.   It updates then restarts.   
using? windows? or git? I dont see an update button/link anywhere
I have git installed on windows 7 x64... but I didn't update using git, I updated from SB.  I woke up this morning and SB had a notice at the top that said; "There is a newer version available (you're 7 commits behind) Update Now."  Clicked on "Update Now," it updated, restarted, and that was it. 
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

@FatGiant:
What version are you using? I thought I fixed this.
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
petroomba

Post by petroomba »

Hi RuudBurger,

Really really slick app. I haven't really hooked it up with NZBs but very nice interface.
A small bug report:
When I added a movie (Despicable Me), the thumbnail failed to download, and the soon tab had an error.
This happens because the xml file which stores the info from moviedb, has the image-url in NOT absolute format.
So, the line reads:

urllib2 doesn't like this, and throws and exception

I was able to fix it by modifying theMovieDb.py line 143
if url.startswith('/'):
  url = 'http://www.themoviedb.org' + url

Cheers, and keep up the terrific work! If you are looking for someone to lend a hand with the code, do let me know.
FatGiant

Post by FatGiant »

Thanks for your answer RuudBurger.

Version git-4a13bed, retrieved from git last night just before doing that.

:)
bugmenot

Post by bugmenot »

I am loving this app. I am having trouble setting up one thing though.

I can't get the renaming to work. I have the folders set up correctly but CouchPotato never "catches" the renaming process. I remember setting up SickBeard and having to do more in depth settings (such as moving the renaming scripts to a separate folder). Does CouchPotato not require this?
lowfi

Post by lowfi »

Renaming also fails for me almost every time. I always run the latest versions of both CP (git) and Sab on my ubuntu headless box. My movies are downloaded to /mnt/Media/Video/Downloaded/Movies from there on they should be moved by CP to /mnt/Media/Video/Movies. Rights on complete media share are 777

It helps to restart CP. But looks like you have to do it after every download.

Fanart also fails but this has something to do with themoviedb changing things i guess. Because Ember media manager is also not able to download any fanart. This started last night.
Last edited by lowfi on November 16th, 2010, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bydgoszcz

Post by Bydgoszcz »

Hi Ruudburger,

This bug just started happening. When I try adding a film to Wanted, it just stays busy. Once I refresh the page, it shows it got the movie, but with no artwork.

This is the error in the log.

Code: Select all

, 3.2.0rc1
ValueError: unknown url type: /posters/1ef/4ca752207b9aa17ace0001ef/wall-street-money-never-sleeps-mid.jpg
    raise ValueError, "unknown url type: %s" % self.__original
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 244, in get_type
    protocol = req.get_type()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 383, in open
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
    data = urllib2.urlopen(url, timeout = 10)
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/lib/provider/movie/sources/theMovieDb.py", line 143, in saveImage
    poster = self.theMovieDb.saveImage(image.get('url'), imageFile)
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/lib/provider/movie/search.py", line 164, in getExtraInfo
    self.searchers.get('movie').getExtraInfo(new.id, overwrite = True)
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/controllers/movie.py", line 200, in _addMovie
    self._addMovie(result, quality)
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/controllers/movie.py", line 124, in search
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    env.update(self.next_handler())
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/config/render.py", line 13, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
13:17:38 ERROR [                         ] CherryPy caught an error: 500 Internal Server Error, The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request., Traceback (most recent call last):

ValueError: unknown url type: /posters/1ef/4ca752207b9aa17ace0001ef/wall-street-money-never-sleeps-mid.jpg
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/lib/provider/movie/sources/theMovieDb.py", line 143, in saveImage
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/lib/provider/movie/search.py", line 164, in getExtraInfo
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/controllers/movie.py", line 200, in _addMovie
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/controllers/movie.py", line 124, in search
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/app/config/render.py", line 13, in __call__
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
  File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/couchpotato/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
13:17:38 ERROR [15/Nov/2010:13:17:38] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
  KEEP-ALIVE: 115
  ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip,deflate
  Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8
  ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-us,en;q=0.5
  ACCEPT: text/javascript, text/html, application/xml, text/xml, */*
  CACHE-CONTROL: no-cache
  HOST: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  X-REQUESTED-WITH: XMLHttpRequest
  PRAGMA: no-cache
  REFERER: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/log/
  CONNECTION: keep-alive
  USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
  ACCEPT-CHARSET: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
  Content-Length: 56
  Remote-Addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  COOKIE: showDetails=true; queuePerPage=20; session_id=b627c79c17ea03def3cff619926669122f9fc061
Request Headers:
13:17:38 INFO  [15/Nov/2010:13:17:38] HTTP 
13:17:38 INFO  [lib.provider.movie.search] Getting extra movie info for Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.
13:17:37 INFO  [    app.controllers.movie] Movie already exists, do update.
13:17:37 INFO  [    app.controllers.movie] Adding movie to database: Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
13:17:33 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: []
13:17:32 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': 1980, 'imdb': 'tt0226248', 'id': 36516, 'name': u'One Way Street'}]
13:17:31 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Found movie, but with no date, getting data from tt0226248.
13:17:31 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': '1987', 'imdb': 'tt0094291', 'id': 46527, 'name': u'Wallstreet'}]
13:17:31 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: []
13:17:30 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: []
13:17:30 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': '2010', 'imdb': 'tt1027718', 'id': 33909, 'name': u'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps'}]
13:17:29 INFO  [movie.sources.imdbWrapper] IMDB - Searching for movie: wallstreet money
13:17:29 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: []
13:17:29 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.search/en/xml/9b939aee0aaafc12a65bf448e4af9543/wallstreet+money

Ohh I guess I should tell you what version of CP Im running - Version: 31ad171
Last edited by Bydgoszcz on November 16th, 2010, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtehonica
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by mtehonica »

Bydgoszcz wrote: Hi Ruudburger,

This bug just started happening. When I try adding a film to Wanted, it just stays busy. Once I refresh the page, it shows it got the movie, but with no artwork.

This is the error in the log.

Code: Select all

, 3.2.0rc1
13:17:38 ERROR [                         ] CherryPy caught an error: 500 Internal Server Error, The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request., Traceback (most recent call last):

13:17:38 ERROR [15/Nov/2010:13:17:38] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
  KEEP-ALIVE: 115
  ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip,deflate
  Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8
  ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-us,en;q=0.5
  ACCEPT: text/javascript, text/html, application/xml, text/xml, */*
  CACHE-CONTROL: no-cache
  HOST: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  X-REQUESTED-WITH: XMLHttpRequest
  PRAGMA: no-cache
  REFERER: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/log/
  CONNECTION: keep-alive
  USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
  ACCEPT-CHARSET: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
  Content-Length: 56
  Remote-Addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  COOKIE: showDetails=true; queuePerPage=20; session_id=b627c79c17ea03def3cff619926669122f9fc061
Request Headers:
13:17:38 INFO  [15/Nov/2010:13:17:38] HTTP 
13:17:38 INFO  [lib.provider.movie.search] Getting extra movie info for Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.
13:17:37 INFO  [    app.controllers.movie] Movie already exists, do update.
13:17:37 INFO  [    app.controllers.movie] Adding movie to database: Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
13:17:32 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': 1980, 'imdb': 'tt0226248', 'id': 36516, 'name': u'One Way Street'}]
13:17:31 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Found movie, but with no date, getting data from tt0226248.
13:17:31 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': '1987', 'imdb': 'tt0094291', 'id': 46527, 'name': u'Wallstreet'}]
13:17:31 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: []
13:17:30 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: []
13:17:30 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: [{'year': '2010', 'imdb': 'tt1027718', 'id': 33909, 'name': u'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps'}]
13:17:29 INFO  [movie.sources.imdbWrapper] IMDB - Searching for movie: wallstreet money
13:17:29 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: []
13:17:29 INFO  [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.search/en/xml/9b939aee0aaafc12a65bf448e4af9543/wallstreet+money

Ohh I guess I should tell you what version of CP Im running - Version: 31ad171
I've been having this same issue and thought it was just me since I'm a noob to CP.  I'm running 2b91073 (about to update to 31ad171.  Here is my log from when it happens: http://pastebin.com/q7RAyVyx
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

The artwork bug should be fixed.

Don't have much time, but I still can't reproduce the renamer not working. But it seems to not be working on Windows and Linux.
It's frustrating.. but to those who have the problem: Could you post as much info as posible at: https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPota ... #issue/154?
OS, version, CP path etc.
Thanks
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader
For bugs & feature request go to Lighthouse. For questions & problems go to our support forum
bugmenot

Post by bugmenot »

I have just posted the renaming bug to the Git tracker.

https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPota ... /issue/172

I hope that is enough information, and that I didn't simply do something stupid in my setup.