Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
lowfi

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by lowfi »

Just the part where SB should add a new nzb... ;)
5stringdeath

Re: Sick Beard (ALPHA) - Download/sort/rename episodes, XBMC/growl integration, more

Post by 5stringdeath »

I recently changed my sickbeard startup from doing it manually via Terminal, to setting up to autostart via launchd per this thread:

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=87

Now when I run an update (which still appear in the sickbeard web interface), SB won't automatically restart.  I have to trigger a "launchctl start com.sickbeard.sickbeard" manually via terminal.

Not a huge deal, just wondering if its normal and / or anyway to make it autostart after updating.

Cheers
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

so how do you stop & start SB when you do the update ???
5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath »

rascalli wrote: so how do you stop & start SB when you do the update ???
Never had to since the update button was added in the web interface. I hit Update and then it would reopen the browser updated.  Now I hit "update" it gives me the usual "refresh in 30 secs" message but sickbeard never does start again until i trigger the launchctl.  Before I implemented the launchd method it would update and restart just fine on its own, in fact I could watch it all happening in the terminal window.  I decided to go with the launchd so I didn't need terminal running all the time .. again its not a huge deal, just wondering ...

Previous to the implementation of the "update" button in sickbeard itself, yes I would stop SB, do a git pull, and restart it.  It was my understanding the purpose of the update button was to automate that process for users.
Last edited by 5stringdeath on November 24th, 2010, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midgetspy

Post by midgetspy »

Does SB update just not restart? Post a log...
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

5stringdeath wrote:
rascalli wrote: so how do you stop & start SB when you do the update ???
Never had to since the update button was added in the web interface. I hit Update and then it would reopen the browser updated.   Now I hit "update" it gives me the usual "refresh in 30 secs" message but sickbeard never does start again until i trigger the launchctl.  Before I implemented the launchd method it would update and restart just fine on its own, in fact I could watch it all happening in the terminal window.  I decided to go with the launchd so I didn't need terminal running all the time .. again its not a huge deal, just wondering ...

Previous to the implementation of the "update" button in sickbeard itself, yes I would stop SB, do a git pull, and restart it.  It was my understanding the purpose of the update button was to automate that process for users.
Looks like a permission issue or something like that
Please have a look what your log is saying at the restart/update moment

It seems to have to do with the way you start SB
5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath »

rascalli wrote:

Looks like a permission issue or something like that
Please have a look what your log is saying at the restart/update moment

It seems to have to do with the way you start SB
After more research I find this isn't the optimal way to autostart SB.  Well, to start it on login, yes ... but you have to restart launchtcl everytime you restart SB or update it.  So I'd rather just launch it from terminal .. not like I shut this machine down much anyhow.  Thanks for the help.

BTW, it was updating fine, just not relaunching due to the launchtcl problem
daemox

Re: ASUS RT-N16 Fundraising Raffle for Sick Beard

Post by daemox »

daemox wrote: Introduction

Greetings, I am pleased to announce starting immediately a fundraising raffle for one ASUS RT-N16 router (MSRP $99) fully loaded with TomatoUSB firmware has begun.

The router is brand new and has only been gently removed from the packaging to ensure that it is functional from the store and to load TomatoUSB on it.

All proceeds, one-hundred percent, are going straight to Sick Beard the Internet PVR FOSS project featured here at Ainer.org and SpaceMonkeyNet.org.

The SABnzbd+ Usenet client FOSS project was also approached but they have graciously declined so that the funds could go toward the newer of the two projects.

For the rest of the details visit my site at http://www.ainer.org/?p=1040.
Just a few hours before this is closed for anyone that's interested in getting in!
daemox
JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith »

since updating to 467 i'm getting a lot of episodes downloaded twice. sickbeard grabs the nzb and grabs a second one a few seconds later and so its downloaded twice. any advise ?
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

BUG: Entire Season folder deleted after processing

Ok, weird one here (and this is the first time this has happened). Basically, I already had Seasons 1 - 6 of Entourage located at F:\Seasons\Entourage. Here are the steps I took:

1. I didn't have Entourage listed in Sickbeard (I tend to only have shows that are currently airing listed), but as I was missing Season 7 for archiving purposes I decided to add it. I used "Add Show" but firstly entered the wrong path. A new folder was created.

2. I realised my mistake, edited the path in Sickbeard, and pointed it to F:\Seasons\Entourage. Sickbeard saw all my current eps.

3. I told it I wanted Season 7 in SD TV or SD DVD. I already had S07E01 and S07E02 in HD. I left them in the folder, but told Sickbeard they were also now Wanted in SD TV or SD DVD (I assume it'll overwrite them).

4. I initiated a backlog search. Sickbeard did it's thing, found all season 7 and sent them to Sab. I go to bed.

5. I wake up just now to see that Episodes 1-4 are failed due to not enough blocks. There are _FAILED_ folders for these 4 eps in my download folder (M:\).

6. I open the F:\ drive, and in front of my eyes the Entourage folder disappears. It appears deleted (it's not in the Recycle bin, and it's not hidden).

I'm a bit scared to use it now to be honest.....

Weirdly, in Sickbeard, if I go into the Entourage entry and click "re-scan files", it says "Episodes are currently being refreshed from disk", but when it completes it still see's everything (it's listed on the main page as having 86/88 episodes).

It also says: Location: F:\Seasons\Entourage (dir is missing)

I've posted this on GoogleCode as well, issue 1005.
Last edited by simonk83 on December 16th, 2010, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

Last edited by simonk83 on December 17th, 2010, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath »

My "Coming Episodes" suddenly stopped updating correctly today ... that is, they show correctly, but don't update.  For instance, s02e06 of Miranda (BBC) is in "coming episodes" and SB dl'ed it, but it remains in "Coming Episodes" and SB tried to dl it again, even though it is marked as dl'ed in the shows menu.  Strange.  No changes have been made on my end, besides running the latest commits as indicated by SB.

Same issue occurring with Men of a Certain age today.

BTW, I'm running SB on a Mac ... did a manual shutdown, and a git-pull just to be sure I was up to date.  Only thing I can find that might be relevant in the logs was:

AAEpisodeNotFoundException: Unable to find episode in DB
AA    raise exceptions.EpisodeNotFoundException("Unable to find episode in DB")
AA  File "/path/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/tvrage.py", line 192, in checkSync

and a bunch of this:

Dec-20 03:08:00 WARNING  QUEUE-FORCEDUPDATE :: Unable to add TVRage info: TVRage doesn't have all the required info for this show
Dec-20 03:07:52 WARNING  QUEUE-FORCEDUPDATE :: Unable to add TVRage info: TVRage has malformed data, unable to update the show
Dec-20 03:07:46 WARNING  QUEUE-FORCEDUPDATE :: Unable to add TVRage info: TVRage doesn't have all the required info for this show
Dec-20 03:07:41 WARNING  QUEUE-FORCEDUPDATE :: Unable to add TVRage info: TVRage info isn't in sync with TVDB, not using data
Last edited by 5stringdeath on December 20th, 2010, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@ 5stringdeath

Please post issues on the sickbeard forum .. that is much easier & more people there to help.

Note that the coming episode information is updated every day at 3AM ... if your pc is not running at that time .. there will be no update done !!
You need to manual update this in the show.

About the downloading of a episode already downloaded , that has nothing to do with the coming episode page (this page is just information)
Are you sure it is for example not a "proper" ??

Please give the details from your log (when it searched for this show & found it) & have a look in your history)

Please continue this on the sickbeard forum ... TX
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Hi

I'm having some problems with adding shows, if the folder contains dots (.) it can't find the show, if I manually type in the show name with just spaces it works great. Is it a configuration problem or is it impossible to search for folder names that includes dots?
Se7en

Post by Se7en »

Se7en wrote: Hi

I'm having some problems with adding shows, if the folder contains dots (.) it can't find the show, if I manually type in the show name with just spaces it works great. Is it a configuration problem or is it impossible to search for folder names that includes dots?
Just to make it clear, dots vs. space as delimiter, How.I.Met.Your.Mother vs. How I Met Your mother.