having trouble with right keywords on RSS feed

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
rastoma

having trouble with right keywords on RSS feed

Post by rastoma »

Previously I had trouble with reject arguments when I wanted to avoid all high-def shows.  Now I have the opposite problem.  I want to download only shows that are in 720p format.

For example I'll have:

showname s01 720p

as an Accept.  Before I would just have showname s01 as an Accept and 720p as a Reject and it worked fine.  Now I get nothing on these same shows when I include 720p on the Accept.  If don't enter 720p then I get at least two downloads of each show one in 720p and one in non-HD.

Any suggestions?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: having trouble with right keywords on RSS feed

Post by shypike »

Use a "Require" filter for "720p" before your other ones.
rastoma

Post by rastoma »

Ahhh.. yes makes sense LOL

I knew it would be something simple I was overlooking.

Thank you.
rastoma

Post by rastoma »

shypike wrote: Use a "Require" filter for "720p" before your other ones.
Well... I'm getting closer.  It does download only 720p files, but I am getting more than one download on some shows that are released by different groups, such as:

xxxxxxx  S05E14 PROPER 720p HDTV x264 CTU
xxxxxxx  S05E14 720p HDTV x264 IMMERSE

Since the file names are different, such as including CTU and IMMERSE, will using the prevent duplicates option still stop this? 
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

I've had this problem and have not so far found a solution. The 'prevent duplicates' switch does not resolve it.

The bad news is that some shows sometimes get posted by one poster, sometimes by another, sometimes by both. Filtering on poster risks getting nothing, not filtering risks getting two versions. Sometimes, other versions show up later, like DD5s and WEB-DL posts, but these can be filtered out.

The good news is that if you use a good RSS feed, it doesn't happen often. Recently, D****r has been susceptible to double and even triple posts, but I haven't seen it elsewhere. I guess it's a sign of healthy competition among scene posters. :-\

I suspect that sooner or later someone will tell us that Sickbeard is the solution...
Last edited by fenlander on December 17th, 2010, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
rastoma

Post by rastoma »

At least I know it's not something I'm doing wrong :)

It doesn't happen with each show so it's not too much of an issue.  I delete the show as soon as it's been watched anyway.

But when I first started using sabnzbd, I used to filter out all HD content and just get standard.  I never got duplicated content.

I've thought about trying sickbeard but I just really don't want to install all those packages :)
fenlander

Post by fenlander »

rastoma wrote: I've thought about trying sickbeard but I just really don't want to install all those packages :)
Amen to that!