CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
ReflexReaction

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Post by ReflexReaction »

Also, what would be really cool is if it listed upcoming American blu-ray releases, so we can add them to our soon list! It saves trolling amazon and finding stuff that way...
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

RuudBurger wrote:

I'm working on a mobile version myself, which is going to be a native iPhone app.
A webapp is nice, but a native app would allow more awesome features like push, better caching, faster, etc.

oooh, I'm liking the sound of this :D
clambert

Post by clambert »

ReflexReaction wrote: Does anyone know if I can use the post processing element of this program to post process movies downloaded by Sab?

I do not really need to use the programs main functionality, but it'd be cool to use this just to rename / sort / categorise films I download...

Much like SickBeard can be used to post process TV shows...
I'm with you 100% on this.  I'm hoping this is what the "Manage" section becomes in CP.  Now it's just a temporary page, but soon it will be awesome!  :)
Jim

Post by Jim »

i find that with using CPs postprocessing it never picks the right title.
FoxForceFive

Post by FoxForceFive »

I'm a little confused, I have it set up & working, but it only seems to download the first version it finds, not any subsequent better ones (eg a DVDR after an R5, or a 720p after a DVDR) then delete the older, lower quality version.

I assumed it would work in the same manner as 'best' in SickBeard? Do I have to change a setting?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

FoxForceFive wrote: I'm a little confused, I have it set up & working, but it only seems to download the first version it finds, not any subsequent better ones (eg a DVDR after an R5, or a 720p after a DVDR) then delete the older, lower quality version.

I assumed it would work in the same manner as 'best' in SickBeard? Do I have to change a setting?
Use custom settings .. and set the BEST quality on top !!
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Jim wrote: i find that with using CPs postprocessing it never picks the right title.
Please give examples.

Also :

* Do you have .nfo files of the movie in those folders ?
* Are they downloaded with the help of Couchpotato ?

As I think I only have problems in 1% of the cases , and most of the time because a movie is called different  on IMDB (2 names on IMDB)
FoxForceFive

Post by FoxForceFive »

rascalli wrote:
FoxForceFive wrote: I'm a little confused, I have it set up & working, but it only seems to download the first version it finds, not any subsequent better ones (eg a DVDR after an R5, or a 720p after a DVDR) then delete the older, lower quality version.

Use custom settings .. and set the BEST quality on top !!
Thanks for the quick reply.

That's the setting I do have though. However, as an example,The American xvid downloaded, but the 720p retail came our since, & it hasnt downloaded the 720p version & replaced the existing xvid version, which was what I expected.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

That's the setting I do have though. However, as an example,The American xvid downloaded, but the 720p retail came our since, & it hasnt downloaded the 720p version & replaced the existing xvid version, which was what I expected.
[/quote]

Did you mark finished for all qualities ??
If so .. then it will not download a newer/better version

For example :

So first it looks for a 720 & when it does not find this it looks for a 1080p

** When it finds a 1080p , it will not download/search anymore for a 720p
** When it finds a 720p , it will not download/search anymore for a 1082p

Hopefully this helps you set it up like you want to
If you need more help , please post your settings so we can advise
FoxForceFive

Post by FoxForceFive »

Ahhh, I'd completely missed the existence, & therefore relevance, of that tick box under Finish!

Thanks a lot, I get it now!
Jim

Post by Jim »

rascalli wrote:
Jim wrote: i find that with using CPs postprocessing it never picks the right title.
Please give examples.

Also :

* Do you have .nfo files of the movie in those folders ?
* Are they downloaded with the help of Couchpotato ?

As I think I only have problems in 1% of the cases , and most of the time because a movie is called different  on IMDB (2 names on IMDB)
no, the movie wasn't downloaded with the help of CP.
i just 'moved' it to the couchpatato category in sabnzbd to make use of the renaming skills of CP just like in the question :)
ReflexReaction wrote: Does anyone know if I can use the post processing element of this program to post process movies downloaded by Sab?

I do not really need to use the programs main functionality, but it'd be cool to use this just to rename / sort / categorise films I download...

rascalli

Post by rascalli »

Jim wrote: no, the movie wasn't downloaded with the help of CP.
i just 'moved' it to the couchpatato category in sabnzbd to make use of the renaming skills of CP just like in the question :)
The best way to have a good postprocess is to make sure there is an nfo with an imdb url to the movie, then it will pick it up correct
Otherwise you can have some problems

To come back to this : Sickbeard only processes shows that are in the SB Database.
So it will NOT process a show that you have downloaded manual but is not in the database

For 3th party apps that do renaming etc , have a look at : TheRenamer
I use that for movie packs
jonaskp

Post by jonaskp »

This may have been answered before, but I haven't followed this "feature" of CP, so I may not have noticed it.

I just tried to move a movie download prior to installing CP into the CP watch folder (with a .nfo) and it picked up the movie fine and moved it to the correct location, started searching for trailers etc.

Only thing I find strange is that CP adds it to the "downloaded" list, even though this particular movie was only a DVD-rip in DivX. In my opinion this movie should have been added to the wanted list with a notice of which version has been downloaded.
Is it because CP is not sure which version it is, since it is not in the database yet?
This should be fairly straightforward by looking at the size of the movie file.

Is there something I have misunderstood?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

jonaskp wrote: This may have been answered before, but I haven't followed this "feature" of CP, so I may not have noticed it.

I just tried to move a movie download prior to installing CP into the CP watch folder (with a .nfo) and it picked up the movie fine and moved it to the correct location, started searching for trailers etc.

Only thing I find strange is that CP adds it to the "downloaded" list, even though this particular movie was only a DVD-rip in DivX. In my opinion this movie should have been added to the wanted list with a notice of which version has been downloaded.
Is it because CP is not sure which version it is, since it is not in the database yet?
This should be fairly straightforward by looking at the size of the movie file.

Is there something I have misunderstood?
You already downloaded it .. so why should it set it to wanted ???

If you mean you have quality xvid to be replaced by something better ... then I can tell you that it will not add movies to your wanted database because you have downloaded a low quality.

This feature is added so people will not duplicate movies , so they could process the already downloaded movies & have a sort of library of what they already have
jonaskp

Post by jonaskp »

Downloading of a higher quality was excactly what I wanted. A lot of my movies from before CP are low quality DVD-rips or just 720p and I would like to get those upgraded.
But I'll do it manually. CP is - to me atleast - not a movie manager database. It is a tool for downloading my movies.
I just wanted to make sure that I didn't somehow overlook a feature or something like that.