Download again?

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
spanky85

Download again?

Post by spanky85 »

Hi, I recently had a catastrophic hard drive failure and lost a lot of films and tv shows I had downloaded through sabnzbd. All of them were downloaded using my NZBMatrix bookmarks feed. I clear my bookmarks periodically and the NZBMatrix site doesn't seem to make available a list of everything you have downloaded. I'm just wondering if there's a simple way to download previously downloaded nzbs again through the sabnzbd interface. I see "Force download" in the 'filters' tab of the 'RSS' config; presumably even if that works it won't go back very far in history? The 'Downloaded' tab shows only 39 items but my history has 490.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Download again?

Post by shypike »

If you had the "NZB Backup" folder configured in Config->Folders,
then this folder will contain (compressed) copies of all NZBs.
spanky85

Post by spanky85 »

Sadly not... I do now though :)

Ok, so I've got all my history intact, so it'll at least be possible to do this manually. Where exactly does the name of the download come from? Is it extracted from the nzb file? I've noticed it's rarely the same as the name of the nzb as it appears on nzb search sites. If so, is there some way to search on that name that sabnzbd displays? I'm wondering if I could write a script to do this.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Normally the title comes from the NZB file.
Exceptions are most RSS feeds where the RSS title and the actual NZB name can be different.