[Windows] Using python PP scripts?

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
dougwt

[Windows] Using python PP scripts?

Post by dougwt »

I've been scouring the forums trying to get this to work. I know it should be possible, but for some reason it isn't working for me.

I have Python installed and I've successfully added C:\Python27 to my PATH environment variable as well as .PY;.PYW to my PATHEXT environment variable.

From a command window I can now type test.py and have it successfully execute as a python script, but when I select the same script as my Default User Script nothing seems to happen. I tried looking for some kind of log file that might shed some light on the situation, but the only log file I can find is SABnzbd.exe.log and it doesn't mention anything about post-processing scripts.

What piece of this puzzle am I missing?
minimeh

Re: [Windows] Using python PP scripts?

Post by minimeh »

Hmm, now that you mention it, I may be seeing that as well. (I'm at work and can't check at the moment).

I have a modest default script that does little more than print out the arguments it received. I also have scripts that do real things for specific shows. So, for those specific shows with specific scripts, I'm getting post processing just fine. But the default script shows are not being post processed by the modest default script. I'll verify that when I get home tonight.
In the meantime, you might try specifically assigning your script to your shows instead of relying on default behavior.

[edit]

I should point out that I'm using RC2.

[edit2]

Sorry for the red herring. My modest script that is the default for everything is getting called for post processing.
Last edited by minimeh on April 13th, 2011, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dougwt

Post by dougwt »

Thanks for checking anyways! Anyone else have any ideas? Is there a way to enable additional log details?

Edit:
So I found the log files located in the AppData directory and it shows that the script ran:

2011-04-13 20:09:42,002::INFO::[newsunpack:127] Running external script C:\progra~2\SABnzbd\scripts\test.py(D:\User\Downloads\Complete\********.nzb, *****  *****, , None, alt.binaries.****, 0)
2011-04-13 20:09:42,565::INFO::[postproc:470] Cleaning up *******  *******
2011-04-13 20:09:42,568::INFO::[postproc:134] Saving postproc queue
2011-04-13 20:09:42,572::INFO::[downloader:357] Post-processing finished, resuming download

Can anyone tell me if this shows that the script ACTUALLY ran or only that it attempted to run it?
Last edited by dougwt on April 13th, 2011, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dougwt

Post by dougwt »

Whelp, I certainly feel foolish. It turns out the python script has been running all along, but there was a syntax error preventing it from doing what I was expecting.

Everything seems to be working now.