Nearly finished my SABnzbd setup. Stuck at post processing!

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
5aq1b

Nearly finished my SABnzbd setup. Stuck at post processing!

Post by 5aq1b »

Hey all, my first post.  Up until a couple of weeks ago i never knew what sabnzbd was but i've needed something to automate my tv show downloads and someone pointed me towards sickbeard and sabnzbd and boy, what a piece of software!

Took a bit of getting used to a i never have used usenet before for downloads.  I'm nearly done with my setup however i'm a little confused now with the post processing so i'm hoping someone can clear this up for me.

I am running windows home server (i don't want to use the sabnzbd add-in thanks).  I have sickbeard and sabnzbd installed.  I have sickbeard grabbing the nzb's from nzbmatrix.com perfectly fine and communicating with sabnzbd to tell it to download the file.

I have 3 folders set up on a seperate hard drive which is not part of the storage pool.  The folders are e:\usenet\incomplete, \complete and \nzbfiles.

What i need is for a completed download in the 'tv' category to be moved to \\hpserver\tv shows

How do i go around doing this?  i've had a look but having no joy.  I have moved the script files and sabtosickbeard.exe over from sickbeard into the sabnzbd directory and pointed the 'post processing script folder' field to that path in sabnzbd.

The completed download folder field is filled with e:\usenet\complete and so forth for the rest of the fields. 

How do I tell it to move it to \\hpserver\tv shows?
arto65

Re: Nearly finished my SABnzbd setup. Stuck at post processing!

Post by arto65 »

Can't you map the path as a network drive in the explorer? If you can assign a letter, then you're good to go!
5aq1b

Post by 5aq1b »

arto65 wrote: Can't you map the path as a network drive in the explorer? If you can assign a letter, then you're good to go!
i could do that however what is the process of getting the movement of files to work?

for eg.  i have setup the category for 'tv' with the folder/path name as '\\hpserver\tv shows\'.  first of all, is this correct? Is this where i should be putting the final destination folder of files which are category Tv?

Also when downloading a file, it does appear in my share, so something works, however on sab it says "processing folder \\hpserver\tv shows...." and it just stays there.  Never says process complete even though the fiile does appear on the UNC path
arto65

Post by arto65 »

I think you filled the info in the right fields, but I have no experience whatsoever with network paths.
So I'm sorry I can't help you more on that matter. Mapping the network path is the only thing I can think of.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

SABnzbd supports UNC paths (\\server\share) as category paths.
You do have to tell SABnzbd what the category is.

Does one job block the post processing queue?
Do new entries in that queue all show the spinning wheel?
Possibly unrar or par2 hang up. Can you check with the task manager on the WHS box?