CRC Errors

Report & discuss bugs found in SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Matreiro

CRC Errors

Post by Matreiro »

First of all, I'm sorry to creating this topic, but the CRC topic that exists in the forum is locked.

Iv'e started running SAB and Sickberd a few days on my Qnap 219P+ and everything was working fine and today SAB started to give CRC error on 99% of my files.
Don's know what the hell happened, it seems I been persecuted for bugs and errors from everywhere.

I retried and still am retrying to redownload the files to see if some of the files pass through the CRC Error but until now, no joy.

It fails nab sent by sickebeard, nzbs download from nzbmatrix and newzbin, old binaries, new binaries, it fails everything with CRC Error, can you please help me?

Should this have anything to do with my news provider? I'm using NewsDemon and BlockNews Block Account as support, I've seen SAB using the BlockNews today to get one or another part, not much I can say.

What can I done when everything was working smoothly and know its almost despair.

Quick Check is checked, CRC thingy is also checked...nothing was changed, so what is happening? :-\ :-\ :-\
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CRC Errors

Post by shypike »

Does SABnzbd claim in the history that your jobs passed verification properly?
Did you check one of the failing NZB on a PC by downloading it with another program (or SABnzbd)?
Matreiro

Post by Matreiro »

shypike I can say yes and yes do both does questions. No in all files but in some I was watching the verification process and nothing extraordinary happened, everything normal.

Here is my SABnzbd log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/miq528eo5 ... treiro.log
So you can look with your your expertise because I'm surely not an expert.

Downloaded one of the files I wanted, a multi GB file using SAB in Mac OSX Lion, using the 0.6.6.beta2 version of SAB and the download ran smoothly. Only got one error in one rar file but that was repaired. The file had almost 500 days old.

Now it's not returning the files to Sickbear because it says that here is a wrong api key, witch is not true. bahhhhhhh

You can check this on the log also.

What the hell is happening? One day heaven, the other day hell.... :-[ :-[ :-[

My amazing latest warnings.

[redacted]
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Something is making SABnzbd restart several times, it doesn't like that.
It keeps getting "signal 15"' which usually means that the terminal from
which the program started is stopped.
Don't you run SABnzbd in daemon mode (-d) ?
Matreiro

Post by Matreiro »

I don't know if it's being run in daemon mode, I only installed the package supplied from Qnap and everything worked fine, the errors started a few days later.

How can I check if it's being run in daemon mode?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Never mind, it's run in daemon mode according to the log.
Still for some reason the operating system is giving it a stop signal.
It's almost impossible for us to give support to packages created by others.
Can you check with the package creator too?
Matreiro

Post by Matreiro »

I'm trying, already posted everything we've talked here on the Qnap SABnzbd forum, let's see if someone says anything.
BTW, nice work with the new betas for OSX Lion, been able to download files that had missing parts on the Qnap, although I do have Astraweb server set up on the Mac, besides the NewsDemon and Blocknews Servers. I'm starting to think that changing from AstraWeb to NewsDemon was rushed, although AstraWeb are getting lot of troubles this days, but I like pay $8 for month with the NewsDemon top account (huge promotion I caught), so cheap. Maybe I'll think on try SuperNews for a month or something because they have a new promotion, do you have any suggestion?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Supernews is powered by Giganews, so it's very good.
Please sign up through the ad on our forum :)
Having said that, I haven't seen problems with Astraweb yet.
I have been using it for two weeks now.
But I'm not a heavy downloader.
Matreiro

Post by Matreiro »

Yeah AstraWeb seems to be nice, but I was getting a lot on incomplete files and missing articles. They've already admitted that they where having troubles.

So do you actually recommend Supernews instead of NewsDemon? It's difficult to see if all this problems I've had where caused for problems on the NAS, bad NZBs, serve problems. I'm tempted to go to Supernews, it's only 50 euro cents more of what I pay in NewsDemon.

It's really strange because now it's downloading fine and only giving me this error:
2011-07-23 22:57:52,950 WARNING: Authentication missing, please enter username/password from Config->General into your 3rd party program:

It's probably referring to SickBeard, and everything is checked right and is running the right way between SAB and SickBeard, SickBeard is checking and sending the NZBs to SAB, SAB is downloading and post processing sabtosickbear is kicking it right back to Sickbeard and the configs I've defined...strange things are happen.
sl1000

Post by sl1000 »

well, i'm the (qpkg) package builder, and i can tell you sab is only (re)started on reboot, and/or when sickbeard gets restarted (somehow because they both use python sickbeard dies when sab gets restarted, and vice versa, so the script will restart both).

if you have any package specific questions just let me know :)
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

What can possibly send a "Signal 15" to SABnzbd?
sl1000

Post by sl1000 »

is that the equivalent to kill -9?
Somebody or something disabling the QPKG and SAB taking more then 5 seconds to gracefully shutdown. That is the only possibility i'm aware of.

i could have a look via ssh or teamviewer if the poster would want to send me the connection details via dm/pm
Matreiro

Post by Matreiro »

Login data sent
sl1000

Post by sl1000 »

currently it is downloading fine? no errors in the latest 5 downloads? can't see any big issues.
sabnzbd startup script seems default too, so it might have been a temporary nzbmatrix/newzbin issue?

cleaning up your orphaned downloads in the incomplete folder might be wise though. lots of jobs that are no longer in the download queue...
Matreiro

Post by Matreiro »

Thanks man, I'll clean the trash and hope it was a one time thing, because it was frustrating.
As i sad in the PM, if the error happens again I'll try to contact you so you can see it in first hand.

Thanks