CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents!

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
blade-runner

Re: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torre

Post by blade-runner »

@RuudBurger

Your site is down, new update coming?
J03 8LACK wrote:Hey Just looking for a little help.

I'm trying to have Couch Potato create meta data for me but I need to have my poster in folder.jpg format rather then movie.tbn.
I have tryed messing with the config.ini but i have had no success. Is there a renaming tag to change the file movie.tbn to folder.jpg.

Thanks for any help
J03
I'm having the same issue, any tips?

And resize folder image to a specific aspect ratio

maybe a tip for next release, posibility in metadata to make selection what to grab and what not.

For example, i only want thumbnail and posters not nfo's. Current build gives me everything.
lollan

Post by lollan »

Is anyone having much luck using the Blu-Ray.com RSS extra feature?

I am trying to scour over the logging now to see where the issue in my case may be, not sure yet. I would expect adding every blu-ray movie from 2000 forward with at least a 5.0 would add quite a bit. :)
pnutbutterfluff

Post by pnutbutterfluff »

New user here just wondering how to set up userscripts so that I can browse in CP like in the first post. I downloaded and installed the greasemonkey add-on for firefox and then clicked the userscript install link in CP but nothing has changed. What am I doing wrong or not understanding? thank you for your help.

EDIT: nevermind figured it out its for when surfing IMDB and it is fing sweet. 8)
avcables

Post by avcables »

In addition to all the thanks you've inevitably gotten throughout this thread and others, RuudBurger, thank you!

I've been using CouchPotato for what must be around a year now and since quality profiles were added I haven't really bothered to set them up. What I have set so far is:

The ultimate goal is for the movie to be removed off the wanted list when the 1080p version is snatched. However, I'd like CouchPotato to search for the other qualities I have set and download them appropriately without "waiting" for a better quality. I originally had set the "wait" time to 0 days but that was resulting in some 20,000+ hours waiting according to the logs. 30 or 40 pages back in this thread, you suggested another user set his wait time to -1. This results in the same issue. Is there a way around this?
HeyBoff

Post by HeyBoff »

For some reason, any movie I snatch with Couch Potato doesn't have it's category changed in sabnzbd, which means the CouchPotato script isn't selected and it gets stuck in my Usenet folder. I'm pretty sure I set everything up correctly, I was able to set up Sickbeard's script and everything it snatches is categorized as "tv" and has the proper script chosen.

What could I be doing wrong?
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

You sure you set the category in Couchpotato ?

You sending direct to Sabnzbd ? or are you using blackhole ?
HeyBoff

Post by HeyBoff »

Whoops, that was my issue. I'm surprised it isn't a default setting! Thanks!
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

For people still on "master", you have to update manually. (sorry)
1. Download the zipfile: https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPota ... all/master
2. Extract it and overwrite the files inside your CP folder with the content.
3. (Re)start CP
Alexx

Post by Alexx »

Hi I am new to sabnzbd and couch potato, so sorry in advance for my ignorance.

My question isnt directly related to couchpotato, I have it set up and its working fine, but I was wondering if there was a way to use couchpotato with an iPhone sabnzbd app called SABmini for the post processing. In SABmini you can pick a category for your download, so would it be possible to make a category in sabnzbd that tells it to use whatever couch potato does to move the file to the appropriate directory with the movie name and date for the folder and then tell it to update xbmc?

basically my goal is if i see something i want on sabmini to be able to get it and once its done downloading have it moved to the correct folder and update xbmc for me, and couchpotato is the only thing I know that does that so I was wondering if there was some way to make them work together
RuudBurger

Post by RuudBurger »

Use the same category you filled in under Settings > NZBs/Torrents.
Alexx

Post by Alexx »

thank you, who knew it'd be so easy :-)
Gkf9

Noobie help setting up Cp

Post by Gkf9 »

Hi
I've posted this question else where to so apologise.

I've got Qnap Nas on order and really like the sound of Couch Potato sounds like a great app!
What else do I need to accompany this app and is there a simpler way to install with out having to use terminal, ssh etc etc because these are way over my head.

I'm using OSX Leopard, am I right in thinking the necessary app can all be installed within my Nas using the Qkgp packages?

I've done alot of searching and it all seems that I have to put in code in here and there, which I'm not comfortable doing.
Thanks for any help.
sl1000

Post by sl1000 »

well if you cross post, i'll do it too ;)

1. install, and enable the Optware qpkg, this one is better then QNAPs official one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8298909/Qnap/Op ... 99.163.zip
2. Install, enable and configure the sabnzbd qpkg (version 0.68 from here please, not the antique one on qnaps website)
3. install, enable and configure the couchpotato qpkg, found at the beginning of this thread.
4. enjoy :)

The nas does all the downloading, postprocessing and moves the downloads to the directory of your choice
qpkg's are one-click install packages, so no need to do stuff on the command line, etc. you can do everything via the web interface.

p.s. 1. don't forget to UNZIP the downloaded qpkg's first before uploading.
p.s. 2. if any qpkg installation fails, please look at the system log section in the admin gui of the qnap to find the reason why.
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

Thanks sl1000
You're a star... That's all I wanted an easy explanation for a noob, couldn't find one anywhere on the net( maybe I'm thick )

Just one more question ( sorry )
Do I download these to my mac then install them on the drive of the Nas or can I download them from with in the Nas.
I don't get my Nas till Tom, so haven't been able to explore it, just trying to get some upfront knowledge.

Thanks Very much.
Gkf9

Post by Gkf9 »

Me again

Your 3rd link...Take's me to another page with no download on it. Do you mean the download at the top of this thread?

TIA