MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
binhex

Re: MovieGrabber - completely automated movie downloader

Post by binhex »

hi arkhawgs, you say the queue doesnt populate, are you seeing anything in the history, is it just the fact that nothing is getting downloaded into your specified queue folder?.

can you pm me your config.ini minus logins/keys/email address and i will take a look.

cheers,
binhex.
arkhawgs

Post by arkhawgs »

Both the queue and the history are empty. Sending you the config.ini file
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi arkhawgs, ok your issue is to do with the nzbmatrix search criteria, there are two issues.

your current search criteria:- nzbmatrix_search = +dvd, +hd, +brrip, +720p

1/ you have put comma's in to separate the search terms, this is incorrect, you just need spaces.

2/ your current search term is searching for a post that has dvd AND hd AND brrip AND 720p in the title, this is obviously not going to ever match. unfortunately nzbmatrix search criteria is not very flexible and doesn't really allow you to search for multiple formats in one search term so at the moment you are probably best to stick to your preferred format.

so couple of examples, your search term should look like this;-

nzbmatrix_search = +dvdrip +xvid

or

nzbmatrix_search = +brrip +720p

ok one other thing to note, i would also recommend selecting the category to fit your above search criteria as opposed to choosing "all formats" i.e. "xvid/divx" or "hd/h264"

i hope this helps, i will try and take another look at multiple format support and see if i there is a way around it in the future.

binhex.
grmn

Post by grmn »

Hi binhex,

I just started looking into MovieGrabber and it really seems promising so far - thanks for your work!

One question though:
How do I handle propers or repacks in a smart way? Often times a bad release will be published with a fixed proper coming out soon after. Can I somehow configure Moviegrabber to check for propers and replace the bad first release if already downloaded/queued?

thanks
binhex

Post by binhex »

grmn wrote:Hi binhex,

I just started looking into MovieGrabber and it really seems promising so far - thanks for your work!

One question though:
How do I handle propers or repacks in a smart way? Often times a bad release will be published with a fixed proper coming out soon after. Can I somehow configure Moviegrabber to check for propers and replace the bad first release if already downloaded/queued?

thanks
a very good question and one that i def want to address, im afraid right now your only line of defense against bad rips is to use the release groups filter and just add in known good release groups who generally do not release sub-standard releases. i want to try and work this into moviegrabber so it checks for "good" or "proper" or "repack" strings in the release name and overrides the file checks if found, i will add it to my to-do list ;D
grmn

Post by grmn »

Well I'm not sure if thats a good solution as even the best groups sometimes screw up their releases. And I wouldnt want to miss a movie just because a group I didnt know before released it first and the other groups wont "dupe" it.

But anyways I'm very happy to hear that you'll address this some time in the future! :)
binhex

Post by binhex »

grmn wrote:Well I'm not sure if thats a good solution as even the best groups sometimes screw up their releases. And I wouldnt want to miss a movie just because a group I didnt know before released it first and the other groups wont "dupe" it.

But anyways I'm very happy to hear that you'll address this some time in the future! :)
i take your point, however i havent really come across the dupe issue, mainly due to so many non scene groups being around nowadays which dont really care about duping or not, and to be honest a lot of the groups that are non scene are actually pumping out movies of equal or better quality than the scene. O0
F3Speech

Post by F3Speech »

Linux Mint
Firefox 7

All appears to work fine but when I enter location into the folders config screen and try to save the information disappears.

Any help/suggestions.

Thanks.
binhex

Post by binhex »

F3Speech wrote:Linux Mint
Firefox 7

All appears to work fine but when I enter location into the folders config screen and try to save the information disappears.

Any help/suggestions.

Thanks.
hi F3Speech, there is logic built into moviegrabber to prevent you from having certain folders having the same location, my guess is that you are attempting to set one or more of the folders to the same location, and thus moviegrabber is ignoring your setting due to this.

to fix this just ensure each folder setting has its own unique folder and you will find it will then save your settings.

the reasoning behind this restriction is that it could potentially cause errors, for instance if you attempted to set the queue folder and the watched folder to the same location then you would bypass the reason for the queue folder to exist, another example would be attempting to set the nzb folder (used to archive loaded nzb's sabznbd+) and watched folder to the same location, this would cause potential issues attempting to identify nzbs that had already been downloaded.

i hope this clears it up, if you dont believe this is the case then please pm me your config.ini file minus your key/login/email info

binhex.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

I see some files in my Queue folder.
But when I go in the webui to Queue , I do not see the movies.

Should I see the movies ?

Also pressing release does not do anything , it does not take them from queue to the watch folder

Am I misunderstanding something maybe ?
splnut

Post by splnut »

Does the email functions work? I have it running on Win 7 and it downloads everything fine but I am not receiving any emails.
binhex

Post by binhex »

rascalli wrote:I see some files in my Queue folder.
But when I go in the webui to Queue , I do not see the movies.

Should I see the movies ?

Also pressing release does not do anything , it does not take them from queue to the watch folder

Am I misunderstanding something maybe ?
ok firstly you havent misunderstood, yes you should see movies appear in the queue\queue release section (assuming they match the queue criteria) and yes you should then be able to release them to the watched folder (basically a copy and delete function is done when you click release).

just to make sure you are looking in the Queue and then clicking on the Queue Release link right?, and im assuming from your post above you are seeing some entries in there but not all?

so i just want to clarify your not copying nzbs from another folder into the queue folder and expecting them to show up in the queue release in the webgui right?, cos this wont happen, it will only display movies in the queue release that have been processed by moviegrabber.

assuming the above is not true and everything that exists in the queue folder has been processed by moviegrabber then i would guess its going to be an issue either:-

1. defined folders for watched - can you pm me your config.ini entries for the folders section)
2. sqlite db is corrupt in some way - can you shutdown moviegrabber and go to the db folder and delete the results.db file, also can you delete all nzb's in the queue folder then start moviegrabber, this should recreate the db, obviously it will be blank so try forcing a run now and see if this fixes the issue.

let me know how you get on.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

splnut wrote:Does the email functions work? I have it running on Win 7 and it downloads everything fine but I am not receiving any emails.
yep the email fonction works a treat, i have been using it for quite some time now and it never misses a beat, i dont know which mail server your using but here are my settings for gmail:-

[email_settings]
email_server = smtp.gmail.com
email_server_port = 587
email_server_ssl = yes
email_username = [email protected]
email_password = mysuperdooperpassword
email_from = [email protected]
email_to = [email protected]

are you trying to use your isp's mail server or a web based email service like gmail?.

binhex.
splnut

Post by splnut »

I was trying to use my isp email service but just changed it to gmail to see if it works.
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

@binex ,

* I see the nzb's in teh Queue folder
* I do not see anything in the webui under Queue
* All folders are different folders

* When I click on Queue release nothing happes , files stay in the queue folder