Media Rover

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Lockzi

Re: Media Rover

Post by Lockzi »

Hello,

I updated from SABNZBD 0.5.6 to the latest 0.6.8 and updated Media Rover from 0.7.3 to 0.7.5.

MediaRover manages to add nzbs to queue, allthough since I enabled the new E-mail feature for fatal_errors, sort_failed I got an E-mail saying:
Media Rover died unexpectedly: global name 'DELAYED_ITEM_NOTIFICATION' is not defined
This is running on Windows XP x86 with Python 2.6.3.
Any suggestions are most welcome,

regards Lockzi!
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey Lockzi,
Lockzi wrote:
Media Rover died unexpectedly: global name 'DELAYED_ITEM_NOTIFICATION' is not defined
I just pushed an update that should fix the above problem. Grab the latest from the dev branch and you should be good to go. Note: the notification system is still under development and you may run into the odd problem/bug. Please let me know if you do!

Kierse
Lockzi

Post by Lockzi »

kierse wrote:Hey Lockzi,
Lockzi wrote:
I just pushed an update that should fix the above problem. Grab the latest from the dev branch and you should be good to go. Note: the notification system is still under development and you may run into the odd problem/bug. Please let me know if you do!

Kierse

Cheers Kierse!

Awesome respondtime!

I'll let you know if I run into anything.
I suggest you put the GUI in a "developers development" branch so that the community can lend their hand to the cause.
Just a thought :)
paulkoan

Post by paulkoan »

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way with mediarover to prioritise quality from the perspective of the download queue, rather than what is on disk?

So mediarover consumes the various nzb sources I have, and comes up with three different sources for a download. What I would like it to do is add the "best" one to the sab queue, and if there is one in the queue already of a lesser quality, to remove it in favour of the better one it just found (this part is particularly because it adds stuff to the queue during the day when downloads are paused in my setup, so has opportunity to get a better one as the day goes on and more releases come out).

In fact I'd be happy if "managed" mode left or moved lower quality files on disk rather than deleting - then I could just turn it on.

Thanks,

Paul
alidsmith

Post by alidsmith »

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I'm doing wrong with this sorting:

Code: Select all

2011-10-05 05:52 INFO - --- STARTING --- - episode_sort.py:151
2011-10-05 05:52 INFO - begin processing tv directory: /home/ads79/downloads/complete/TV - series.py:528
2011-10-05 05:52 INFO - watching 7 tv show(s) - episode_sort.py:265
2011-10-05 05:52 INFO - found download file at '/home/ads79/downloads/complete/TV/The Tudors Season 1 UNCUT DVDRip XviD WiDE/the.tudors.s01e06.dvdrip.xvid-wide.avi' - episode_sort.py:295
2011-10-05 05:52 ERROR - unable to identify episode type: 'The Tudors Season 1 UNCUT DVDRip XviD WiDE' - episode_sort.py:187
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ads79/Rover/mediarover/command/episode_sort.py", line 173, in episode_sort
    __episode_sort(broker, options, **params)
  File "/home/ads79/Rover/mediarover/command/episode_sort.py", line 309, in __episode_sort
    episode = factory.create_episode(job)
  File "/home/ads79/Rover/mediarover/episode/factory.py", line 45, in create_episode
    raise InvalidEpisodeString("unable to identify episode type: %r" % string)
InvalidEpisodeString: unable to identify episode type: 'The Tudors Season 1 UNCUT DVDRip XviD WiDE'
EXCEPTION: unable to identify episode type: 'The Tudors Season 1 UNCUT DVDRip XviD WiDE'!
Latest version of Media Rover, and Sabnzbd Version: 0.5.6 and using the sort script that came with media rover.
annaj

Post by annaj »

Hey!
I'm wondering if there is a way to prioritize based on the title of an nzb in addition to file extention?
Right now I have it set with high quality being .mkv and prioritizing .mkv over other formats. What I'd like to do is replace already downloaded .mkvs with new, higher quality .mkvs. So 1080 over 720, or something with 'bluray' in the title over something without it. This way i could replace highly compressed broadcast aired .mkv shows with bluray .mkv shows.

Also wanted to mention that I've been using media rover for a while now and love it, so thanks!
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Kierse,

Long time no post..., I guess that is good news as Mediarover has been working hard for me with no issues at all. Today I installed on a new computer and upgraded both Mediarover and SABnzbd to latest versions. Hunting for missing files from the rss feed and queuing them up seems to be working fine, it is the sort script I am having issues with. I have very similar setups except the I am not using an "admin" profile on the new computer. Did not think that would be an issue with sort as missing file searching and loading into SABnzbd seems to be working fine. I pulled the additional comments from the SABNnzbd completed log.

Here is what it looks like on old computer: (SABnzbd 0.5.6)

Fringe.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD

Argument 1: "M:\Downloads To Review\TV Shows\Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD"
Argument 2: Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD.nzb
Argument 3: Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD
Argument 4: "tv shows"
Argument 5: alt.binaries.multimedia
Argument 6: 0
Argument 7:
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - --- STARTING --- - episode_sort.py:141
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - begin processing tv directory: M:\TV Shows - series.py:528
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - begin processing tv directory: M:\Kids\TV Shows - series.py:528
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - watching 210 tv show(s) - episode_sort.py:243
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - found download file at 'M:\Downloads To Review\TV Shows\Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD\Show.s03e09.dvdrip.xvid-reward.avi' - episode_sort.py:272
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - scanning filesystem for episodes belonging to 'Fringe'... - series.py:283
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - attempting to move episode file... - episode_sort.py:366
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - downloaded episode moved from 'M:\Downloads To Review\TV Shows\Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD\Show.s03e09.dvdrip.xvid-reward.avi' to 'M:\TV Shows\Show\Show - Season 03\Fringe - s03e09.avi' - episode_sort.py:375
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - scanning filesystem for episodes belonging to 'Show'... - series.py:283
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - checking filesystem for duplicate or multipart episode redundancies... - episode_sort.py:399
2011-10-17 16:21 INFO - removing download directory 'M:\Downloads To Review\TV Shows\Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD' - episode_sort.py:438
SUCCESS: downloaded episode sorted!

Here is what I get on the new computer:

Argument 1: "C:\Users\HKEmerys\Documents\downloads\complete\TV Shows\Show.S10E04.HDTV.XviD-LOL"
Argument 2: CSI.Show.S10E04.HDTV.XviD-LOL.nzb
Argument 3: CSI.Show.S10E04.HDTV.XviD-LOL
Argument 4: ""
Argument 5: "tv shows"
Argument 6: alt.binaries.multimedia
Argument 7: 0
The system cannot find the path specified.

Arguments seem to passing in a different order... thoughts? easy fix? Am I missing something simple?

Thanks!!

Greg
Last edited by pilGrim on October 17th, 2011, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey paulkoan,
paulkoan wrote:Hello,
I was wondering if there was a way with mediarover to prioritise quality from the perspective of the download queue, rather than what is on disk?

So mediarover consumes the various nzb sources I have, and comes up with three different sources for a download. What I would like it to do is add the "best" one to the sab queue, and if there is one in the queue already of a lesser quality, to remove it in favour of the better one it just found (this part is particularly because it adds stuff to the queue during the day when downloads are paused in my setup, so has opportunity to get a better one as the day goes on and more releases come out).
Yes, and this is what should be happening. It's a rather complicated process but I'll do my best to explain what happens before an NZB is scheduled for downoad:

MR checks if the file is on disk
yes - it then checks if the new NZB is a better fit for the users quality settings. If it is, the NZB is scheduled for download. If not it is skipped
no - as long as it meets the users quality settings (ie. acceptable quality level), the NZB is scheduled. Note: if quality management is off the file is scheduled regardless of quality

MR checks if the file has a schedule delay (only if quality management is on)
yes - it then checks if the file meets the users desired quality level. If it does, the schedule delay is ignored and the NZB is scheduled for download. If not, it continues processing and the delay is respected
no - continues processing

MR checks if episode is already in download queue
yes - it then determines if the new NZB more closely meets the users quality settings. If yes, it deletes the existing queued item and schedules the new NZB for download. If no, it skips the NZB

MR checks if episode has already been found but not yet scheduled for download
yes - it then determines if the new NZB more closely meets the users quality settings. If yes, it replaces the previous NZB with the new NZB in the "to be scheduled list". If no, it skips the NZB

You have a couple different options here:

1. You can put a schedule delay on the sources that don't exactly meet your desired quality level thereby giving MR time to find your desired level
2. Let MR schedule acceptable but not desirable (quality) NZB's when they are found. They should be replaced as they are found. And because your setup pauses during the day, only the quality level you want (if available) will be downloaded.

Now as far as I know, the above is what it's currently doing. I went through the code as I wrote this and it seems to support my memory. But your request seems to indicate that this isn't working so please let me know!
paulkoan wrote: In fact I'd be happy if "managed" mode left or moved lower quality files on disk rather than deleting - then I could just turn it on.
I believe I gave this some thought when I first designed the quality management feature. My original goal with MR was to create something that required as little human intervention as possible once it was configured. Storing multiple versions of the same file on disk means the user needs to go in periodically and clean them out. It also makes things more complicated for MR as it needs to somehow keep track of which version is "better". At this point I can't see implementing this but perhaps in the future. Or if someone can convince me otherwise :-)

Kierse
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey alidsmith,
alidsmith wrote: 2011-10-05 05:52 INFO - found download file at '/home/ads79/downloads/complete/TV/Some Show Season 1 UNCUT DVDRip XviD WiDE/some.show.s01e06.dvdrip.xvid-wide.avi' - episode_sort.py:295
2011-10-05 05:52 ERROR - unable to identify episode type: 'Some Show Season 1 UNCUT DVDRip XviD WiDE' - episode_sort.py:187
MR isn't currently able to sort an entire season, only single episodes. There is a work around though: manually sorting each file

python /path/to/mediarover/mediarover.py episode-sort /path/to/specific/episode
Not ideal I know, but that's you're only option at this point.

Kierse

p.s. can you edit your post and remove all references to the TV show name? They are technically in violation of the SABnzbd forum rules. Don't want to get in trouble with the forum moderators!
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey annaj,
annaj wrote:Hey!
I'm wondering if there is a way to prioritize based on the title of an nzb in addition to file extention?
Right now I have it set with high quality being .mkv and prioritizing .mkv over other formats. What I'd like to do is replace already downloaded .mkvs with new, higher quality .mkvs. So 1080 over 720, or something with 'bluray' in the title over something without it. This way i could replace highly compressed broadcast aired .mkv shows with bluray .mkv shows.

Also wanted to mention that I've been using media rover for a while now and love it, so thanks!
No, there is currently no way to do this using MR. I've thought about this possibility before but haven't really come up with something that would reliably work across the various indexing sites. I'm open to ideas and suggestions though!

Kierse

p.s. glad to hear that MR is working well for you!
kierse

Post by kierse »

Hey pilGrim,
pilGrim wrote: Argument 1: "M:\Downloads To Review\TV Shows\Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD"
Argument 2: Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD.nzb
Argument 3: Show.S03E09.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD
Argument 4: "tv shows"
Argument 5: alt.binaries.multimedia
Argument 6: 0
Argument 7:

Here is what I get on the new computer:

Argument 1: "C:\Users\HKEmerys\Documents\downloads\complete\TV Shows\Show.S10E04.HDTV.XviD-LOL"
Argument 2: Show.S10E04.HDTV.XviD-LOL.nzb
Argument 3: Show.S10E04.HDTV.XviD-LOL
Argument 4: ""
Argument 5: "tv shows"
Argument 6: alt.binaries.multimedia
Argument 7: 0
The system cannot find the path specified.
This problem was solved a while back. Are you running the latest version of MR? How about the shell sorting script?

Kierse

p.s. would you mind editing your previous post and removing all references to the specific TV show? Its against the SABnzbd forum rules. Thanks!
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Sure thing, did the edit.

I did upgrade to 8.8.0 but used my old sort.bat launch file. I compared and they were slightly different so I moved the difference over to my file and REMed out the original line that was different; still had an issue. Are there files in the appdata\local\mediarover that need to be different? I copied my whole section over to keep my config files, so I would not have to reset them up from scratch.

Guess I should try a virgin install and then setup the config files from scratch?

Lastly is the shell sorting script a separate download? I only pulled mediarover 0.8.0.

Many thanks as always, I have come to rely on the sort script as it uses the aliases and ensures I have little to no manual intervention when a post name does not match up exactly to theTVDB.com database.

Cheers!
kierse wrote:Hey pilGrim,

This problem was solved a while back. Are you running the latest version of MR? How about the shell sorting script?

Kierse

p.s. would you mind editing your previous post and removing all references to the specific TV show? Its against the SABnzbd forum rules. Thanks!
Last edited by pilGrim on October 17th, 2011, 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maverick519

Post by Maverick519 »

NBZMatrix: They have made a small change in the way the get direct downloads most of the time the redirect works but if there are a number of requests for files from the server it the redirect seems to fail.

Here is the change from there website post:
RSS Direct Download URL Change (Added: 10/Oct/2011)
Friday 14th October the old RSS Direct Download URL (http://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download.php) will be changed to reflect the current API direct download url (http://api.nzbmatrix.com/v1.1/download.php) For most users of the RSS this will have no effect, but if you use scripts or 3rd part apps it might. A redirect will remain in place once the change has been made

Not sure what is involved in changing the code to reflect the change.

Maverick519
paulkoan

Post by paulkoan »

kierse wrote: I believe I gave this some thought when I first designed the quality management feature. My original goal with MR was to create something that required as little human intervention as possible once it was configured. Storing multiple versions of the same file on disk means the user needs to go in periodically and clean them out. It also makes things more complicated for MR as it needs to somehow keep track of which version is "better". At this point I can't see implementing this but perhaps in the future. Or if someone can convince me otherwise :-)

Kierse
Thanks for the detailed reply Kierse. I wasn't aware of the schedule delay option, so I'll see if it is what I need and pay better attention to the behavior.

With regards to managed mode, I guess I just prefer more flexibility over what happens. For many shows, I don't care too much what the quality is - if I am planning to watch them on mobile devices for example. Some I would like both high and low quality (this is what happens now if subsequent higher quality shows are found). Some shows I have already watched at whatever quality level they originally downloaded at, and I don't want to use my download quota downloading a higher quality version of a show I have watched.

So I tend to do a bit of manual intervention in any case. I don't see how these various scenario could be catered for automatically anyway :). Perhaps if media players could add metadata to shows when they are watched then MR could at least know to ignore updates.

So if

.<filename>.watched
existed, then don't download a higher quality show. Of course, many people would like a high quality option regardless of whether they had watched a show, for any subsequent viewing.
paulkoan

Post by paulkoan »

kierse wrote: Hmm, yes the commas are definitely what's causing the problem.  I use a third party library to parse and validate the config file.  One of the features of this library is that it turns a comma separated string into a list of values.  My guess is that its taking your url with commas and returning a list.  I'll have a look and see if there is an easy workaround
Hello Kierse - this is from ages ago, and a few posts later you describe it as fixed. I have a nzbsrus style URL that has comma in it, and it excepts at config.py / check_url. I printed the url when it got to check_url and it is getting passed as an array, the url split at the comma.

Should I be encoding the URL in a particular way?

I just upgraded to 0.8.0 when I got the error, I think I was on 0.7.4 prior to this.

Thanks,

Paul