Cannot connect remotely

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
drake22

Cannot connect remotely

Post by drake22 »

Hello everyone. I am having an issue with my install. I followed the standard install and configuration guide. It works fine from the box its installed on, connection via localhost or the IP address (192.168.1.5 in this case), but if I try to connect to it from another box on the same local network, it just times out and fails.

I have tried setting the IP to 0.0.0.0 as well as 192.168.1.5, enabling and disabling SSL, changing the SSL port and the regular port, and all combinations of those. No luck, always the same. Ideas anyone?! I am completely stumped, and that's pretty rare for me :-\
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Cannot connect remotely

Post by sander »

What's the exact URL with 192.168.1.5 you use on the local machine?
Is there a firewall running on that machine?

What is the error message you get when you use that URL on another machine?
On that other machine, open a CMD box, and then: can you "ping 192.168.1.5"?
drake22

Post by drake22 »

sander wrote:What's the exact URL with 192.168.1.5 you use on the local machine?
Is there a firewall running on that machine?

What is the error message you get when you use that URL on another machine?
On that other machine, open a CMD box, and then: can you "ping 192.168.1.5"?
On the local machine I use "http://192.168.1.5:8080/sabnzbd" (although without the "/sabnzbd" works too) or "https://192.168.1.5:9090/sabnzbd" if I have the IP to listen on set to 192.168.1.5. If I have it set to 0.0.0.0, I use localhost or 192.168.1.5. Everything that I would expect to work works from the machine its installed on.

I'll check on the firewall, that's a good idea. I am surprised I didn't think of that, thanks :)

I have Zentyal (previously known as eBox) and openssh-server installed. Otherwise, its a pretty basic Ubuntu 10.04 install with all the updates. Zentyal is accessible using https://192.168.1.5 from other machines on the network, so that rules out quite a bit.

BTW, I am a software professional and I used to intern for a Network Administrator. Therefore, don't be afraid to get techie with me ^_^
drake22

Post by drake22 »

Oh hell ya! Thanks man. Zetyal had a firewall enabled that was causing the timeouts.