sabnzbd crashing when idle

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
sonnyono

sabnzbd crashing when idle

Post by sonnyono »

Hey all,

Thanks for the great program and all the stellar help on the forums. This is my first post (everything with sabnzbd has worked flawlessly so far) but I've been noticing a weird bug since my last update. I'm running 0.6.10 on my Synology 1511+ and I've noticed that sabnzbd will not open if left unattended for some undetermined amount of time. Stopping the service, and then restarting it, in the Synology WebUI always does the trick but its super annoying when I'm not at home and want to access it. Here's my log:

Code: Select all

Exception in thread CP WSGIServer Thread-27:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/python26/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstra
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/sabnzbd/share/SABnzbd/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line
    conn.communicate()
    req.simple_response("408 Request Timeout")
    self.wfile.sendall("".join(buf))
    return self._safe_call(False, super(SSL_fileobject, self).sendall, *args, **
    return call(*args, **kwargs)
    bytes_sent = self.send(data)
    return self._safe_call(False, super(SSL_fileobject, self).send, *args, **kwa
    raise FatalSSLAlert(*e.args)
FatalSSLAlert: [(None, None, None)]

Exception in thread CP WSGIServer Thread-29:
I tried to google both the "FatalSSLAlert" and the "Exception in thread CP WSGIServer" but wasn't able to make heads or tails of the results. if someone could someone please shed some light on my problem, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: sabnzbd crashing when idle

Post by sander »

Upgrade from which version to 0.6.10? Where did you get the package?

Have you got the HTTPS interface enabled for SAB? What if you disable it?
sonnyono

Post by sonnyono »

Thanks @sander for the reply!

I'm sorry but I don't remember which version I updated SABnzbd FROM, but I have HTTPS enabled and I got the package from synoblog.superzebulon.org. They (he) just realeased an update to SABnzbd so I'm gonna give that a shot and see if that fixes the issue. If not, I'll disable HTTPS and give it a few days to see if that has an effect. Thanks for the tips and I"ll report back when I know more...
sonnyono

Post by sonnyono »

sander wrote:Have you got the HTTPS interface enabled for SAB? What if you disable it?
So, I gave it a few days with the updated version and things def appeared to be stable but I went to access the WebUI last night from my new Android and it was "crashed". I realized that last night (and perhaps all the other times), sabnzbd crashed when I tried to access via a mobile app. Usually its been SABMobile on the iPhone but I was testing it out on MediaDog (awesome app btw) on my new Android. Both apps were set up to access sabnzbd server through the secure interface (port 9090) and I wonder if maybe that act is what's crashing it. I had assumed sabnzbd was crashed at some point BEFORE I attempted to access it with the mobile apps because there were times when I WAS able to access sabnzbd from a mobile app using the secure interface (though it was always really slow), but now I'm thinking it is these attempts that may actually be the cause.

In any event, I've disabled the HTTPS interface and will give this some time to test stability. Though I'd MUCH MUCH prefer to use the HTTPS interface. Can anyone think of anything to check on my end outside of sabnzbd? I have the 9090 port forwarded on my router but what protocol should it use? TCP OR UDP? I'm not in front of my router so I'm not sure if "protocol" is the right term or if those are the right acronyms but hopefully someone knows what I mean. Sabnzbd runs on my Synology NAS so I can't imagine a windows firewall (which ALWAYS seems to be the culprit in these cases) could be the issue...

Thanks again
zeroday

Post by zeroday »

I have similar experience

I run sabnzbd (taken from git repository) and started with python -OO
I also discovered that after x time *undefined* suddenly sabnzbd will not open anymore
when in the shell I see a high load, but no running sabnzbd anymore can't even kill, even when I do ps -aux it seems to stall and does not give me my 'prompt' of the shell anymore
need to reboot my tonidplug2 and than all is working fine again.

I have lots of files in the queue and it seems that sabnzbd suddenly stops what he was doing.
Sonnyono gives me a good direction with the 'mobile' app. I also used yesterday SABMobile and it seems that after x time than the device stops responding.
I will try to monitor it tonight if this can be related to each other.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

BTW: Synology and SSL / HTTPS ... I believe there are more problems with that combination.

Anyway: try without SSL / HTTPS, and see if solves it. If so, go to the maintainter of (python)SSL on Synology.
It could be caused by a lot of HTTPS sessions during the time, which build up a problem.
sonnyono

Post by sonnyono »

Cool, thanks for the response @sander. I will def give it some time to see its stability, though I turned it off 2 days ago and just tried to log in and realized it was "crashed". Where would I find this "maintainer of (python)SSL"?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

sonnyono wrote:Cool, thanks for the response @sander. I will def give it some time to see its stability, though I turned it off 2 days ago and just tried to log in and realized it was "crashed". Where would I find this "maintainer of (python)SSL"?
You turned off HTTPS in SABnzbd (by disabling it), you restarted SABnzbd, and you still had a crash? If so, what is the error message? And I would say it's not SSL/HTTPS related ...
zeroday

Post by zeroday »

i forgot my ipad today, so no test, I have no ssl/tls will check for sure tomorrow ..
sonnyono

Post by sonnyono »

Unfortunately I'm at my parents house in florida or I'd check. If I figure out what the Putty equivalent for my Mac is I'll check, but I seem to remember checking last night and pretty sure it was the same FatalSSL error I started with. Will post back as soon as I know for sure...
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

sonnyono wrote:If I figure out what the Putty equivalent for my Mac is I'll check,
It's called ssh and is available from a Terminal session.

ssh address
sonnyono

Post by sonnyono »

uh...derr...I'm an idiot, sorry about that. Unfortunately I have a dynamic IP and despite the fact that I have a hostname to point to my current ip, typing:

ssh myhostname 
into terminal is giving me a timeout error. I was near positive that I forwarded the 22 port on my router to the Synology box but maybe I didn't. Also, I've firmly established I'm prone to bone-head mistakes so maybe I forgot something. Anyways i'll post as soon as I can get in.