Native Android Application

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
faint545

Re: Native Android Application

Post by faint545 »

I'm about to release a new test copy. I've made some considerable changes and hopefully those changes had fixed this problem. I know there were some issues with how the data were being downloaded and I had fixed them a couple days ago. Hopefully your problem was one of those that were fixed. If not, please let me know what you were doing exactly to cause the problem.
Also, for this update you may have to uninstall any previous version since.

Side note, I've released the source code to Github for anyone who is interested in contributing: https://github.com/faint545/SABNzbd-Controller
Marcoevich wrote:Hey Faint545,

Today I had some time to try your app a little bit more. And I found out that updating the history sometimes doesn't work, or it takes a veeery long time.
I've tried this about 20 times and sometimes it doesn't show the history at all. See my screenshots: http://piclair.com/data/x7a90.jpg

Also, can you do something to let the failed downloads grab my attention. Give them another (light-red?) background color or something, so they will cath my eye ;)

Best regards,
Marcoevich
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

Very good ;) I'm gonna try the update now.

A small tip (for the lazy guys like me :D ): The next time you send me an update mail, will you provide a link to the update in it? Then it will be a little bit easier to update :)

Thx!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I installed the new version. Experience:
- After installing, I had to re-enter all information; the old info was lost
- the same as the old version: an empty API key is not accepted. As a workaround I filled out a space.
- after filling out, and clicking on the profile, the app crashed immeately. EDIT: the crash happens after showing Queue History only (no queue info) for less than a second.
faint545

Post by faint545 »

An API is REQUIRED to connect. How else is it going to get data back and forth from your SABNzbd and the app? http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/api
You can't just leave it blank.
sander wrote:I installed the new version. Experience:
- the same as the old version: an empty API key is not accepted. As a workaround I filled out a space.
- after filling out, and clicking on the profile, the app crashed immeately
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

faint545 wrote:An API is REQUIRED to connect. How else is it going to get data back and forth from your SABNzbd and the app? http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/api
An API is required indeed. However, I said "an empty API key is not accepted", so my remark is about the API-key. And as I have checked "Disable API-key" in my SABnzbd, I should not fill out one. In the previous SABnzbd-controller version filling out a space worked.

In the meantime I tried installing the older version, but that doesn't work either. I'll do some more analysis.
faint545

Post by faint545 »

Ah, gotcha. I didn't realize you can also NOT have an API key. I will adjust the application to that requirement.

sander, do you have a user name and password set on your SABNzbd?
sander wrote:
faint545 wrote:An API is REQUIRED to connect. How else is it going to get data back and forth from your SABNzbd and the app? http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/api
An API is required indeed. However, I said "an empty API key is not accepted", so my remark is about the API-key. And as I have checked "Disable API-key" in my SABnzbd, I should not fill out one. In the previous SABnzbd-controller version filling out a space worked.

In the meantime I tried installing the older version, but that doesn't work either. I'll do some more analysis.
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

I just updated your app,

- First thing I see is the the queue page is taking FOREVER to load. Since the update, I haven't seen my queue even once!
- The history page takes about 5 seconds to update, but it updates every time. No more time outs!
- It's good to see that you've implemented the refresh interval. Nice!
faint545

Post by faint545 »

How many items do you have in your queue? Because mine is just fine. Also are you on WiFi? If not, is your data connection fair?
Marcoevich wrote:I just updated your app,

- First thing I see is the the queue page is taking FOREVER to load. Since the update, I haven't seen my queue even once!
- The history page takes about 5 seconds to update, but it updates every time. No more time outs!
- It's good to see that you've implemented the refresh interval. Nice!
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

I have 3 items in my queue, but no matter what I try, it won't update.

I think I'm gonna try a complete reïnstall, see if that helps.
I'll report you back!
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

Hmm, after uninstall, reboot phone, reïnstall and reconfiguring the firewall it still doesn't show the queue.

The history however loads normally.
faint545

Post by faint545 »

Hm.. ok. Can do you me a favor? Type this into your web browser...

Code: Select all

http://[your_sab_host]:[your_sab_port]/sabnzbd/api?mode=queue&output=json&apikey=[your_sab_apikey]
and PM me the results.
Marcoevich wrote:Hmm, after uninstall, reboot phone, reïnstall and reconfiguring the firewall it still doesn't show the queue.

The history however loads normally.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I installed the today's version, now pointing to a sab instance on my LAN, and that worked better: History is shown (and I hope/guess that is NOT from a previous install). However, Queue results in a never-ending circling symbol. So that's not good. Screenshot mailed to author.

So what's the difference with the other SAB instance? It's a FQDN, remote and has both an IPv4 and IPv6 address. Maybe the IPv6 address is the cause of the crash?
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

sander wrote:However, Queue results in a never-ending circling symbol. So that's not good. Screenshot mailed to author.
That's exactly the experience I got with the latest version. Requested information is sent to the author.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

OK, I got the today's version working with my remote server. So what have I changed: turned off IPv6 on my LAN, *and* discovered a typo in the FQDN I was typing: a space! So after removing the space, I could access the remote server.

And: still a never-ending circlyng circle in Queue.

So @faint545: can you verify what happens when you type a space in the server address? And first of all, the entry should not accept a space.

EDIT: I checked with a new entry: a <space> in the server address causes a crash of the app. So that's a bug.
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

@faint545

You probably know about this, but just 2 be sure, there's another thread going on about an Android app for SABNzbd. It has different functionalities than yours. Maybe you can look into it, or work something out together ;) See: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9697