Need help getting my music library sorted

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Marcoevich

Need help getting my music library sorted

Post by Marcoevich »

Hey All,

I have a question for you, for now I keep my music library on my computer. Only my movies/tv series go to my NAS.
My NAS is my standard download location (i.e. Y:/Public/Shared Videos/)

The problem is now, that all the music I download also goes to Y:/Public/Shared Videos/...

Is it possible for me to set an alternative download location for the music categorie? And by that I don't mean another subfolder of Y:/Public/Shared Videos/ but to my C:/ Drive

Also, I download my music with Headphones. Currently, my library looks like this: Artist/Album/Music files
But, when I download the albums with Headphones, all albums come in as <artist name><album name><year>/music files

Is it possible to get these downloaded albums automatically sort into artist/album/ ? That would save me lots of time in renaming the albums and creating subfolders ;D

Best regards,
Marcoevich
bunjiboys

Re: Need help getting my music library sorted

Post by bunjiboys »

You should be able to setup a new category for Music and just provide a different storage location, I'm doing this myself with TV shows.

In Config->Categories, you add a new category for example called Music, and then in the "Folder" box you just type in the new base folder, for example C:\Music. Finally, in the Indexer, Grouping tag you should most likely be able to just put in "music" as well, at least if youre using Newzbin that should work, and I would imagine the same be true for NZBMatrix.

Click here for a screenshot of my category configuration, with defaults going into one location and Music and TV shows going into seperate folders

As that shows, you can even run different post scripts based on the categories as well, if you want to do something else for your Music compared to all others.
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

Thx for your help man ;) My music downloads go straight to the music library now!

Only one more thing: When my albums are downloaded, it creates foldernames with both the artist and the album title in it:

I want those albums to have only the album title and the year, and they must be placed in the artist folder.
Do you have/know any script that can do that for me?

Your help is greatly appreciated :D
bunjiboys

Post by bunjiboys »

Unfortunately there currently isnt a Music sorting option available to my knowledge, at least I only see TV Shows, Movies and Date sorting available in my install, but you could make a post processing script that would do this for you, and use the options from the categories to just run this script for Music downloads.

More information for the post processing scripts can be found in the wiki, what you could do is make a script that would parse the folder name given to the script and just renamed it based on that, but nothing that I have available.
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

Ok thx man, I will have a look into that ;)

In you're screenshot I see you using a script called postScript.sh, what functionality does that one have?
al1937

Post by al1937 »

Hi

You say you are using Headphones - there are loads of ways to name and place your music under the heading SETTINGS.

Al1937
bunjiboys

Post by bunjiboys »

Marcoevich wrote:Ok thx man, I will have a look into that ;)

In you're screenshot I see you using a script called postScript.sh, what functionality does that one have?
The only thing my current post-processing script does it to reload the UPnP server im running so that it will pick up any new content right away, and thus making it available to my XBox & PS3.

I have been playing a bit with making it a bit more advanced and doing some renaming based on set rules (ref. my current thread in General Help about casing of shownames), where I can have a list of replacements on filenames that will happen automatically, but thats well in the future for now :)