Native Android Application

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Marcoevich

Re: Native Android Application

Post by Marcoevich »

Any updates about this? ;)
faint545

Post by faint545 »

I thought I had sent an email a couple days ago, but I guess I forgot to hit the send button... :P
Marcoevich wrote:Any updates about this? ;)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

faint545 wrote:I thought I had sent an email a couple days ago, but I guess I forgot to hit the send button... :P
Marcoevich wrote:Any updates about this? ;)
I just installed the new version, and ... the Queue shows up! The circling circle only appeared for a few seconds on the first run.

Remarks:

Queue says: "Your queue is empty. Start downloading!". I think the second sentence is there for fun, but it looks a bit strange to me.
Queue: there is NO "Pull to refresh" option. Maybe because my Queue is empty?
Queue: pressing the Menu 'key' does nothing. Strange; the Menu is always my escape to find info / options /etc

History: light green background (on successful downloads?) ... nice
History: long-selecting a download just 'checks' it (just like a short-select). I would expect a popup with more info on that download (duration etc) or the option to delete it.

Swiping: great how that works with the titles.

Back-button goes back to the overview. Nice. Or was that always there? However, I still like more to have it as a page, just like and left of Queue and History.
Overview: has SABnzbd controller text & logo ... nice! The Queue and History also should have such a logo.
Overview: after adding my 4th server, the bottom button "Add Remote" is off the screen for 50%. Low prio bug.

Regression tests:
Space in server address is still accepted (that's not good, I would say). When I select that server, the app shortly gives a (system?) message, and then goes back to the Overview screen. So: the crash is gone. Good. But: do not accept a space. It will be a cause of non-working setups and confused users.
Empty API key still not accepted. So that's not yet fixed.

(Tested on HTC Wildfire with Android 2.3 Cyanogen)
faint545

Post by faint545 »

I thought i had fixed the issue with accepting the spaces in url address in that release. I guess not. As far as the empty API key goes, I haven't forgotten it and it will be fixed. Thanks for your remarks. There are a lot of issues such as not being able to refresh queue when its empty unless you back out. Those kinds of logical errors will probably resolved last on my "what needs to be fixed" list, but I assure you, it will be fixed.
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

sander wrote:
I just installed the new version, and ... the Queue shows up! The circling circle only appeared for a few seconds on the first run.

Remarks:
Queue: pressing the Menu 'key' does nothing. Strange; the Menu is always my escape to find info / options /etc
I have to say it, this is a very nice update ;) Good job!
It's nice to see you've implemented my feature requests, the progress bar and completed/failed highlights are there!

Just like Sander said, the ever circling circle is now gone, and it correctly shows the queue.

Pressing the menu key on the queue tab DOES work and it gives me three options, 'Delete all, Pause all and Resume all'.

Edit: You might want to change the (history) backgroundcolor for queued downloads (downloads that need to be repaired/extracted) to grey.
Now it has a red backgroundcolor, but that suggests that the download is failed.
faint545

Post by faint545 »

A new update has been released. Changes since last release:
  • User is able to refresh the Queue list when it is empty by pressing the menu button and selecting "Refresh"
  • New tab/page with current SABNzbd status (not settings)
  • Improved error verbosity on a few things
  • No longer accepts spaces in URL address or API key.
  • Fixed disappearing "Add Remote" button bug
  • Fixed a couple minor bugs
Here is a list of features I still have yet to implement:
  • Optional username/password authentication instead of API authentication
  • Display more detailed info about a particular downloaded item (History)
  • Automatically update History when Queue is updated
  • Provide a way to update Status page independently
I forgot to mention this in the email I sent out but, the "Status" page will update automatically whenever the Queue is updated. I will provide an option to update the "Status" page independently in future releases. And I will also implement a way to update the History automatically when the Queue is updated. I hope no one has major issues with this release, ;D

REMINDER TO ALL TESTERS: For most up to date test release, use my public Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/244748/Sabnzbd% ... roller.apk
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

This looks promising ;) No weird issues for me this time!

Only the status tab hasn't very much information to display... Maybe you can add something to it like:
- Gigabytes left to download(total)
- Disk space left on system
- Number of successful/failed downloads
- Uptime of SABNzbd server

And there may be more ;)
faint545

Post by faint545 »

An updated version of SABNzbd Controller (v0.85) has been released. Here are a list of some of the changes since the last release...
  • Added optional username & password authentication
  • API key is no longer required of you have API key authentication disabled on SABNzbd
  • Improved layout for adding/editing a controller
  • Included more information for STATUS tab/page
And here is a list of features I still plan on implementing...
  • Display more detailed info about a particular downloaded item (History)
  • Automatically update History when Queue is updated
  • Provide a way to update Status page independently
For this release, you will have to uninstall any previous versions.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/244748/Sabnzbd% ... roller.apk
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

I can tell you that all your updates work correctly ;) Good job!

Only, why did you remove the download speed option from the status page?
faint545

Post by faint545 »

Marcoevich wrote:I can tell you that all your updates work correctly ;) Good job!

Only, why did you remove the download speed option from the status page?
It's still there... It's labeled as "Speed / Speed Limit"
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

I've got a weird issue now.
Today I started SABNzbd controller, and my profile was gone!

So I tried to create a new profile. I got no success or error message, but it didn't create the profile.
When I pushed the back-button the app crashed and I got an error message.

I've tried it 3 times, but can't create a new profile anymore.

Please check your latest error message for me! ;)
faint545

Post by faint545 »

I saw the error come up in my email today. I tried to reproduce but wasn't able to get it to crash. I have experienced where my profile was suddenly gone, but a restart of the application fixed that for me. Try this patched version, I'm pretty confident that this fixed it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/244748/Sabnzbd% ... roller.apk

But I guess we wont know for sure if it's fixed till it's been tested so.
Marcoevich wrote:I've got a weird issue now.
Today I started SABNzbd controller, and my profile was gone!

So I tried to create a new profile. I got no success or error message, but it didn't create the profile.
When I pushed the back-button the app crashed and I got an error message.

I've tried it 3 times, but can't create a new profile anymore.

Please check your latest error message for me! ;)
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I installed the new version without installing the old version. All settings were gone. I found that annoying.

On top of the things I've already said (logo, etc), I still miss the version of SABnzbd Controller itself. Maybe the Status page is a good place to show that version?

Oh, I tested your App over IPv6 to a SABnzbd-on-IPv6 and ... it works! Well done! (Probably you just programmed without thinking about IPv4 or IPv6 and just programmed cleanly, which is the right way to do it. ;-) )
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

Installed on HTC Desire, OS 2.2 working fine, although not has too much time to play with.
Installed same version (latest listed above, Jan 13) on Transformer Prime, OS 4.0.3 (ICS)
Opens with "No profiles found! Click the MENU button to add a new one." That's normal, opening it up the very first time.
Problem is, there is no MENU button. On this tablet with ICS, the buttons are all software generated so no Menu button.
Marcoevich

Post by Marcoevich »

faint545 wrote:I saw the error come up in my email today. I tried to reproduce but wasn't able to get it to crash. I have experienced where my profile was suddenly gone, but a restart of the application fixed that for me. Try this patched version, I'm pretty confident that this fixed it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/244748/Sabnzbd% ... roller.apk

But I guess we wont know for sure if it's fixed till it's been tested so.
Your update fixed it ;) Apparently, the profiles where made but I couldn't see them. Now I have 3 times the same profile ;)

But ehm, about the status tab. You said I could still see the actual download speed, but I cannot find it. Are you sure it is still there?
Please expand the status tab a little bit more. Like Sander said you can add the actual version of your app in it ;)

Edit:

Hmm, I guess the refresh rate doesn't work very well. The status tab says there is 7,8 gb left in the queue, but the queue page says there is only 300 mb left do download...
Maybe you can add a refresh option to the menu button, when viewing the status tab?