Show disc space of mounted disc

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Spikey84

Show disc space of mounted disc

Post by Spikey84 »

Hi,

Is it possible, by using a special setting for example, to show the free/used disc space of all discs, also the mounted once?

I have Sabnzbd configured to download to the folder ~/Downloads/ and when downloaded to move to ~/Movies/
~/Dowloads/ is a normal folder on my primary disc.
~/Movies/ is a mountpoint to the folder /mount/Element_1T5/Movies

Unfortunately Sabnzbd currently only shows the disc free/used space of the primary disc, I guess because sabnzbd 'thinks' that it's the only the disc i'm downloading and moving to.
I know from my old windows version that the disc space indicator is based on the downloadfolders of sabnzbd.
Is there a way to let Sabnzbd show the disc space of my mounted disc? Or should I make a hard link (/mount/Element_1T5/Movies) for this in the config of sabnzbd to make it work?

Thanks Spikey

Version: 0.6.14
Install-type: linux repository
Skin (if applicable): Plush
Firewall Software: None
Marcoevich

Re: Show disc space of mounted disc

Post by Marcoevich »

Hmm, If you set your temporary download folder to ~/Downloads/ and your folder for completed downloads to ~/Movies/ this should automatically work.

In the topright corner of SABNzbd (plush gold) you see the diskspace left on your temp. download location (in your case ~/Downloads) AND ALSO your disk space in the completed downloads location. See:
Spikey84

Post by Spikey84 »

Yeah... that's what I want...
But I guess it doesn't work that simple because I use a symbolic link for Movies.

Code: Select all

ls -l

drwxr-xr-x  5 spikey84 spikey84 4096 2011-10-05 23:06 Downloads
lrwxrwxrwx  1 spikey84 spikey84   27 2010-12-30 00:25 Movies -> /media/Elements_1T5/Movies/
I'm using the following settings in sabnzbd:

Folder:
Default Base Folder: /home/myHome

Temporary Download Folder: Downloads/Incomplete
Completed Download Folder: Downloads/Complete
Categories:
Relative folders are based on: /home/myHome/Downloads/Complete

Movies: /home/myHome/Movies
I know of my previous windows configuration that this way type of configuration should do the job (and I tested it last weekend again to be sure). Unfortunately it seems not on ubuntu.

I also tried with a full path to the external hdd in catogories (/media/Elements_1T5/Movies/), but it doesn't want to show the second hdd in the top right corner.

Anyone Ideas?

Thanks Spikey
Spikey84

Post by Spikey84 »

Nobody any idea what else could cause the problem? :'(
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Actually we shouldn't show the size of the destination disk.
For each category you could set another drive.
Spikey84

Post by Spikey84 »

Oke, if that's so why do in some cases (like on my windows configuration) is the disc size of all "used" drives shown?

And I actually don't see any reason why you shouldn't show the size (or free space) of the destination disk(s)?
I would find it pretty useful since I run SABnzbd on a XBMC-live machine on which i rarely see how much free space I've left.

So again is there anyone who know how I can get this working on a Ubuntu system?
Spikey84

Post by Spikey84 »

I now see that I've had it wrong al the time... Sorry

Marcoevich was right, but I read it wrong. What he said was, if I set the temporary folder to a other path (drive) than the download folder SABnzbd will show me two disks with the two free spaces.

I didn't noticed this the first time because I was so focused on the category settings. On my Windows system I have had different temp and download folders since the beginning and for a good reason, but on ubuntu system I rather have them on the same drive and only movies and series should be copied to my external hdd.

Hmm. still doesn't solve the problem that I can't see the free space on my external hdd with the configuration I really want, but at least I now know what 'causes' it and how I can 'fix' it.

Thanks Spikey