[iOS] Qouch for SABnzbd, CouchPotato & Sick Beard

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
qonstrukt

Re: [iOS] Qouch for SABnzbd, CouchPotato & Sick Beard

Post by qonstrukt »

Make sure you have the port right, as it should work. A timeout often indicates a wrong port or IP. The default port for SSL in SABnzbd is 9090 I believe. If you use a proxy, use port 443 like DJBenson already suggested.

As far as all the search suggestions go, it's at the highest spot of requests for the next major version, so I'm working on it as we speak. :)
vozzie

Post by vozzie »

Hello, I have a question and I've (together with 2 colleagues who have the same issue) tried to find the answer online for a while but I just can't find it. Maybe it's because I don't know much about opening ports (ZyXel modem btw) to see what is the right answer for me, but still ...
Qouch is running great when I'm on my local WiFi, but when I'm at work for example I can't make Qouch connect to my SAB, CP and/or SB (that should be possible right?).
I have tried several settings, but I just don't know enough (ignorance isn't always bliss :P) and I hope someone can help me getting this app to work for me, because it's a really good one.
Thanks for your time people, even if you think this is a noob's question :P
DJBenson

Post by DJBenson »

@vozzie

That sounds like you haven't forwarded the ports. Port forwarding allows access to internal services from the internet - so the fact that you can connect inside of your network but not outside sounds like this is the issue. How you forward ports is different by router make/model but if you visit www.portforward.com and search for your router make and model there will be instructions on that site.

Basically, for each internal port, you need to forward it from the outside world;

So for SABnzbd - the default port is 8080 - so you need to open up port 8080 on your router so that when a connection from the outside world tries to access port 8080, it is forwarded to your internal port 8080. You will also need to specify the destination IP address - so if SABnzbd is running on a laptop with an IP address of 192.168.0.2 then you would forward port 8080 externally to port 8080 internally on 192.168.0.2.

All this will make much more sense when you log in to your router.

If you need any more help, post the make and model of your router and the internal IP address of the machine running SABnzbd and I will try to help you.
vozzie

Post by vozzie »

Hello DJ, Thank you for this answer. It makes sense even without logging into the router :) I figured it was something like this, I just don't have a clue how to do this (I was already glad that I could use my laptop and printer in the home network :P).
When I come home after work I will try to do it myself and if I still can't manage I hope I can come back for more help (btw the model of my router should be Zyxel 2602H(W)-D1A, will confirm this in the evening).
DJBenson

Post by DJBenson »

Well here's an example of how to forward a port on your particular router - just substitute port 22 in the example below for the relevant ports for SABnzbd, SickBeard and CouchPotato and you're laughing...
http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... 1A/SSH.htm

In the form, "Server IP Address" is the target machine running your applications.
vozzie

Post by vozzie »

Hey DJ,

I managed to make a static IP and I even managed to forward the ports. But one thing I don't get is what is the static IP address for? I mean It didn't work when I used this IP in Qouch.
And only when I used the GRC Shields Up site, I noticed the external IP address , (the WAN IP), but when I tried this IP address in Qouch it suddenly started flying and I got the first part of it working (SABnzbd).

The other thing I'm not sure about is that I had to disable to Firewall option in my router. Does that make sense (Bypass triangle route is still enabled)? I mean who is protecting me from the bad world outside now? Windows Firewall?;D

Anywho ... I have qouch running like crazy now (I hope the above is the right way, if not ... ??? )

Thanks a lot
DJBenson

Post by DJBenson »

The WAN/external IP is the one you should enter in Qouch - you can use something like Dyn.com to ensure you can always reach that IP should it change.

I wouldn't personally recommend disabling your routers firewall but if you are running Windows then that will offer some protection as you say from the built in firewall.

So to confirm;

Qouch should contain your WAN/external IP address (www.whatismyip.com will confirm this) or a dynamic dns domain name (www.dyn.com)
Your router should forward the relevant ports from the WAN to LAN (e.g. port 8080 on the WAN forwarded to port 8080 on you local machine with an IP of 192.168.0.2)

Have you tried turning the firewall back on now Qouch is running with your WAN IP address?
vozzie

Post by vozzie »

Yes I just did and immediately got a 'connection failed' message in Qouch. So that's something to work on I think, because it doesn't feel right to disable the router's firewall. I don't understand, I keep the firewall enabled and I open a port, shouldn't that mean Qouch should still work?

The port check on GRC gave me this info (sounds good, but not to Qouch apparently):
Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

Sorry for bothering you with a new question/problem, but I still hope you will have an answer to this one also haha
DJBenson

Post by DJBenson »

If you go to https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=8080 with the firewall disabled (assuming SABnzbd is running on its default port) does it show the port as open?
If you then enable the firewall and run the check again - what is the result?
vozzie

Post by vozzie »

If I disable the firewall the port is shown as OPEN (and Qouch is up and running again);
When I enable the firewall the port is shown as STEALTH (and Qouch stops running :P)
aoaaron

Post by aoaaron »

sabznbd is working fine.

couch potato and sickbeard however are not.

i have set an API key for SB and put that in. forwarded it to 8082 the correct port on my machine. nothing! no user/pass. no path.

updated CP, set qouch to port 5000. no user/pass. nothing. no path

any help please?

working from an unraid machine.
riggle

Post by riggle »

hey there!

First of all, thank's alot for this great app. It really did my HTPC project complete :)

On the other side, there seems to be some mixup in the tvshow guide that the app uses. i.e. american dad! season 1 is split up in two seasons... that makes the rest of the seasons faulty. could this probably be fixed?
castortray

Post by castortray »

Hi,

I just bought your application and it's really amazing !!

But I noticed that I cannot delete movie etc from SABnzbd download queue.
When I clicked Delete NZB, nothing happened :(

can you pls take a look on it ?

Thanks again for that, truly amazing application
castortray

Post by castortray »

Also I noticed that when I add new movie or tv show I must kill Qouch app or back to main menu (sometimes doesn't help) to see results if my movie has been added to wanted in couchpotato etc.
Maybe you can add refresh action after adding new movies or tv show or you can create refresh button on the left in menu which allow manually refresh information from couchpotato sickbeard or sabnzbd.

I have also one idea, but I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe you can add notificaion (movie exist in wanted list) in situation when someone want to add movie to couchpotato which currently exist on wanted list.

Thanks in advance

Regards
qonstrukt

Post by qonstrukt »

The 'delete' button not working is indeed a bug. I'll have it fixed in the next version, thanks for notifying! (I think you found every possible way to contact me. :P)

I have more issues in reproducing your other issue. For me the lists do refresh after adding a movie or TV show. I'll still look into it though, as there may still be bugs in those sections.
The notifications aren't mine to add unfortunately if CP doesn't show them. CP v2 will make a lot of improvements on that front when it goes public though. So a little patience may pay of for us. :)