Easy guide to sorting/categories

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Cammo

Easy guide to sorting/categories

Post by Cammo »

Hi guys,

Fairly new user to SABNZBD, NZBMatrix and Sickbeard. Loving it so far but hoping for some guidance. I've trawled the forums, read the wiki and played but I just can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong...

I'd like my downloaded TV shows to be put automatically into path D:\TV Shows\Show Name\Season ##\Show Name - S##E## - Episode Name.ext and my movies to go in path D:\Movies\Movie Name (####).ext

Here are my SABNZBD settings (screengrabs)

Folders - http://cl.ly/2w1d3R3M0j2U1p2A0q2p
Categories - http://cl.ly/18061r2j1z1l3T1v1335
Sorting - http://cl.ly/3Y2O150k0X3f1g371M16

Sickbeard post processing configuration - http://cl.ly/0z1q142c2p030W3a2W2o

Thanks heaps if you can help out!

Cam
finalius

Re: Easy guide to sorting/categories

Post by finalius »

Ok, I'm not super familiar with all this stuff as I've only set up Sick Beard this morning, so anyone feel free to correct me.

With your current settings, Sick Beard is not doing any automatic renaming (you don't have the checkbox "Scan and Process" ticked, and you probably want to keep it this way). Basically you have two pieces of software (SABnzbd and Sick Beard) which can do pretty much the same in terms of renaming your tv shows - obviously you only want one of them to do the job. Which one is up to you.

Since SAB is already doing the Movie renaming (and you can't leave that to Sick Beard because it can't rename movies), I'd recommend that you let SABnzbd do all the renaming. Note that if you want to have the .nfo files generated by Sick Beard, then you'd have to let Sick Beard do the renaming or make Sick Beard rescan your TV show folders every now and again. You haven't mentioned that, so I'm guessing you don't want it.

Ok, before we start, please use \ as folder separators under Windows. Windows is the backslash world, unix is forward-slash world :)

1. Go to Sick Beard, Search Settings, NZB-Search, set it to SABnzbd and fill out all the information. Make sure you pass a category name (you can define whatever you want, I've set mine to "tvcat" without quotation marks).
2. Go to SABnzbd, Config -> Categories. Add a Category and call it "tvcat" (this has to be the same string that you entered in Sick Beard). You could name your category "tv", but then your indexer tag and category would have the same name which might be confusing. Set Folder/Path to "D:\TV Shows\". Set Groups / Indexer tags to "TV".
3. Go to SABnzbd, Config -> Sorting. Check "Enable TV Sorting" and make sure the "tvcat" is selected to the left (and probably nothing else). Your sort-string should be "%sn\Season %0s\%sn - S%0sE%0e - %en.%ext"

All done. Now let Sick Beard throw a TV show into the queue. Make sure that in SABnzbd under download, the download is listed as category "tvcat". If it's not, then the passed category name from Sick Beard and the Indexer Tag in SABNzbd do not match. Once the DL is done, SABnzbd should move it to D:\TV Shows\showname\season ##\showname - S##E## - episodetitle.ext

For renaming your movies:
1. Add a category "MoviesCat" with Index tags Movies and Folder/Path "D:\Movies\".
2. Go to sorting and make sure the MoviesCat is selected for sorting Movies.

Note that this way, every Movie you download has to be in the MoviesCat category (you can check this on the "main page" of SABnzbd) or it will not be sorted. Some sites that have Indexer tag do this automatically (e.g. NewzBin), others might not and you'd have to do it manually.
Last edited by finalius on November 3rd, 2011, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cammo

Post by Cammo »

Wow, thanks heaps for your help. I've gone ahead and done what you have said but I'm having a problem that I'm sure is easily fixed and something I've missed.. Downloads are going into D:\Complete but not moving from there.

Here are screengrabs of my new setting screens

Categories - http://cl.ly/0a0i2L2i1I0p3S1A043M
Sorting - http://cl.ly/0t0c162y0T1w0K0Y0D1q

Sickbeard post processing - http://cl.ly/3b2n3R341w3T2v0F1j3O (I don't think I changed anything here)

Here's a screengrab of the Switches screen in case that could be causing a problem - http://cl.ly/2r0Z1U1d152C07423z10

Any thoughts on this?

Also, I would like my TV shows to just go as a single file under the season directory (i.e D:\TV Shows\showname\season ##\showname - S##E## - episodetitle.ext) however each episode is in its own folder. I'm a bit stumped on how to fix this as I've tried "Ending the path with an asterisk *" but of course I'm literally doing that and I keep getting an error about creating a folder with an * in the folder name.

Any ideas here?

Thanks so much for your in depth help - really appreciated!!!
Cammo

Post by Cammo »

Back again, I found the problem - I had forgotten to change the category in Sickbeard search settings to tvcat. Changed that and it is working fine now.

I would like however to have the associated files (nfo,sfv,srr etc.) files removed and just the mkv, avi etc. file in the folder. Any idea how I achieve this?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Set an extension-based clean-up list in SABnzbd Config->General.
Cammo

Post by Cammo »

Thanks for that tip, I've added .srr, .nfo, .sfv, .nzb - Downloading now - will report back shortly.
Cammo

Post by Cammo »

Worked perfectly!! Thanks heaps.
DrSabb

Post by DrSabb »

Great post.. thanks, works a treat...

I cant quite figure out one issue I have, that the renamed files after show name - number I then have info about the release and the group who release it, I assume this must be what is being held in the episode name info?

When naming files is the info scraped from tvdb for instance??

Cheers
finalius

Post by finalius »

I have edited my post above because as you have figured out, I had a little hiccup in there with the category and the indexer tag name. It should be correct now (in case somebody stumbles across it later via search)
Pdog

Post by Pdog »

Apologises for dragging this thread up,

I am a new user to Sabnzbd and Sick Beard. I have successfully configured Sickbeard to use Sabnzbd and have configured the categories. The one aspect I can't get right is the automatic renaming of the files.

In SickBeard if I choose to Rename the files, it works fine, what do I need to change to ensure the files are renamed automatically (after the sorting from sabnzbd has taken place)

Whoop finally got it,

Sabnzbd - Unticked sorting

Sick Beard - Enabled Post Processing
Selected the TV DIR as my completed downloads
Followed this:
http://sickbeard.googlecode.com/svn-his ... ssing.wiki

Wasn't sure if this was needed on the newer versions, it states it doesn't but I couldn't get it working before.

May try it tomorrow without the script!
PrimaryMaster

Post by PrimaryMaster »

is there a way to make it work if you have TV folders in 3 HDD....
Or is there a way to fake a HDD in windows 8, so its looks like 1 drive?
PrimaryMaster

Post by PrimaryMaster »

?? Plz
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Only using categories will enable you to distribute downloads over multiple disks.

Windows 8.1 may allow merging of drives, but Google for that.
PrimaryMaster

Post by PrimaryMaster »

shypike wrote:Only using categories will enable you to distribute downloads over multiple disks.

Can you plz give some guidens?

I have some TVshows on D: and some of them on G:
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

You can couple a storage location to a category.
Like: TV-C to C:\video and TV-G to G:\
You still have to select a category for each NZB.