Multiple PCs, one newzbin account

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
shizzyraw585

Multiple PCs, one newzbin account

Post by shizzyraw585 »

Hello guys,

I am a new user of sabnzbd after the glowing review on slyck.com And I must say, my first impression of the program is that is nothing short of amazing.  It still surprises me how a community can code an open source program that outshines the highest ranked commercial ones. 

I have two PCs running vista and  sabnzbd at home, a desktop in the basement and a HTPC in the living room.  I really like the auto downloading of bookmarked newzbin posts.  I would like to set up my PCs so that the HTPC will only download bookmarked 720p and 1080p posts, and the desktop to download all other book marks.  Is this possible to do this with only one newzbin account?

Thanks
Shizz
switch

Re: Multiple PCs, one newzbin account

Post by switch »

Do you know you can access SABnzbd on your HTPC from other pc's if you set it up so.So you may not need both copies running.

Also, look into the firefox plugin nzbdstatus if you use firefox for sending downloads.

As for your specific question, there is currently no way to filter bookmarked downloads. You could try using the RSS feed of your bookmarks in the RSS settings and setting the allow/disallow for your needs; however the authentication on that seems broken at the moment so SABnzbd may not be able to view it. But I've reported it to the newzbin guys so that may be fixed in the future.
shizzyraw585

Re: Multiple PCs, one newzbin account

Post by shizzyraw585 »

Thanks for the quick response! What i'm trying to do is have either PC download specific bookmarks that I make from my iPhone when i'm on the go. I know i can access Sabnzbd remotely from the iPhone, but it just sounded a bit intimidating;D.  I guess once i figure how to set that up, i can just connect to Sabnzbd on the HTPC from my handset, and type in the post I.D. manually.  I will just reserve the auto downloading of bookmarks for the desktop. Does that sound about right?