MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
pilGrim

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Binhex,

I followed the normal upgrade process (shutdown, copy over all files & folders, start up) and am getting the following error when I try to restart moviegrabber:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyc", line 656, in respond
File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyc", line 188, in __call__
File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyc", line 34, in __call__
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 5417, in index
File "ConfigParser.pyc", line 332, in get
NoOptionError: No option 'nzbs_id' in section: 'website_settings'

TIA for resolution as I am enjoying the hands off automation of moviegrabber.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

pilGrim wrote:Hi Binhex,

I followed the normal upgrade process (shutdown, copy over all files & folders, start up) and am getting the following error when I try to restart moviegrabber:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyc", line 656, in respond
File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyc", line 188, in __call__
File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyc", line 34, in __call__
File "MovieGrabber.py", line 5417, in index
File "ConfigParser.pyc", line 332, in get
NoOptionError: No option 'nzbs_id' in section: 'website_settings'
I figured this out, there were two issues, 1) i moved the directory and 2) the nzbs config setup is a little different now, so old moviegrabber config was missing ID.
Last edited by pilGrim on March 17th, 2012, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

I do have one outstanding issue from upgrading to 2.17, it seems in the view queue screen, I do not have check boxes to select movies and then no button to release queue.

TIA,

Greg
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi pilgrim, the checkboxes have been removed, if you want to release the queued movie then simply click on the yellow sab icon (second icon), also note that the nzb isnt now downloaded into a specified download when queued, instead it downloads the nzb upon release from queue, thus saving bandwidth and disk space.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi dragonfyre13, firstly nice work on the plugin :-), i had a quick look at your post and see you are having a few issues so thought i would discuss them here:-

1. i see a couple of people are getting the following error
TypeError: Cannot convert float to Decimal. First convert the float to a string
i dont know if you can give me some more info on when your getting this, i cant replicate the issue at the moment so not sure whats going on, if you can post a step by step guide on how to reproduce this then i will take a look at it.

His logging in current version is abysmal, which leads to things like this (it silently fails...)
hehe ok logging wasnt the best admittedly, this has been improved in the latest version, the main cause of a "silent fail" is incorrectly specified search criteria, this should now log this if it is a problem, also i have put in verbose logging as an option in case you want to look into an issue your having.

Note, found out that nzb.ru supports https, but moviegrabber doesn't currently.
im guessing you mean nzb.su?, this is not correct, moviegrabber by default uses https to connect to nzbs.org and nzbmatrix, it will use http or https for any newznab based index site, whichever is specified, just set the hostname to https://nzb.su and set the port to 443 for ssl.

im keen to get this going for you guys, i see one of the posts mentions no poster images, this is most likely due to the verison of PIL included, as its built for python 2.7.x and your using python 2.6.x on unraid, im contemplating scrapping argparse and downgrading the requirement to python 2.6.x as it seems most appliances/custom linux devices have support for python 2.6.x, only issue is causing upset for existing users so holding back on this for now.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:hi pilgrim, the checkboxes have been removed, if you want to release the queued movie then simply click on the yellow sab icon (second icon), also note that the nzb isnt now downloaded into a specified download when queued, instead it downloads the nzb upon release from queue, thus saving bandwidth and disk space.

binhex.
Ahhh... ok that make sense. Thanks, working great.
binhex

Post by binhex »

2.1.8 beta1 up now, changes as follows:-

#feature imdb movie names now match on folder names with spaces, dots, underscores or hyphens for movies exist/to replace
#feature imdb movie names now match on filenames with spaces, dots, underscores or hyphens for movies exist/to replace
#bug encode issue for info logging for movie details

please report back any bugs.

binhex.
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

Hi guys/ Binhex

firstly - yes - awesome piece of software - so please add on-top of that To-Do list of yours a "donate beer" button :D - i know how programming can dehydrate a person :p

only started using the add-on today (lets just say i got pissed off at couch potato for using third party web-sites to determine when a blu-ray is released - meaning that most of the time i will only see a movie download after it has been on nzbmatrix for quite a while -any case - it will still serve its purpose to download those odd movie requests.

movie grabber "grabbed" my attention - and yes i'm amazed :)

Can you please confirm -

* - the movies downloaded feature ( ie check if a movie is already downloaded)
- what format should the folder names be in? ( ie is movie name (year) acceptable)
- reason i am asking - currently m folder names is correct, but the files inside is still a mess - except for the metadata/.nfo - that contains the exact title and IMDB id. ( this could progress to a feature request - ie rather have movie grabber check for metadata - parse the "downloaded" IMDB id's , thus allowing it to have a "database" to compare against. I know everybody have a different setup, but i think .nfo files have been standardized
- will movie grabber automatically search inside the configured folders (not sure what the correct naming is - but for example
- my movies downloaded is configured as : j:\movies
- my movies is saved/stored under j:\movies\b\Batman 1(1989) (i split it per alphabet folder due to it just being to huge a list of movies to keep in one folder
- thus will movie grabber automatically be able to search inside "a","b","c" etc etc subfolders? or do i need to add each one separately?

next question :
i am a bit sticky on what i want exactly downloaded ( BRRIP movies, AC3 sound and size roughly 1.5GB.) thus i have configure movie grabber with search criteria AC3, category set to BRrips, and size to be between 600MB and 4GB. IMDB queue date has been set in the future - and it works beautifully.

each release on the nzbmatrix stream matching the rating is provided inside the queue tab.

My question/ Feature request -
- on the queue TAb - can you automatically open the "view queue" screen when clicking on the TAB? (same counts for the history tab) - yes i know one click away ;)
- with the list of queue'd movies - can you add a button to remove/delete the movie from the list (ie this morning i had a choice between a 2.3GB and a 3.5GB version of "we bought a zoo" - i clicked on the SAB button to download the 2.3Gb version, but i would like to remove the 3.5GB version from the queue list in order to basically "complete" that moview Yes i know i can purge the list, but i want to be careful not to purge movies i didn't verify fully yet (yes i know automated is best - but i like the human factor still :-p)

-me being a noob on RSS feeds(which is what movie grabber uses i guess) - if i understand correctly moviegrabber only goes through the first 50 results. what happens if more than 50 movies/nzb's(yikes!) have been added since the last check??
I know it probably wont't happen in the BRrip category - but usenet sometimes have a tendency to bunch up some things. not sure what a word around would be here - probably a configurable parameter for the more paranoid people? :))
-other question - please confirm that once a movie has been added/downloaded to sab - that it will not be added from the RSS stream again? - ie does moviegrabber keep an internal DB of matched/downloaded movies in order to prevent duplicates? (we are in a bandwidth starved country, which means there is quite a huge cost on time and resources to download a single movie (roughly 1.5 to 2 hours per movie @ about $4 per day - with 8 hours of that day throttled to oblivion by ISP's)

otherwise - awesome app! - i will try and verify some of the results over the next day or three(my usual repertoire was to manually browse the last 14 days of nzb's on nzbmatrix and download them - i will compare the results and let you know if i discover discrepancies

thx

Neo_x
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi neo_x, monster post there! :-) , i will try and cover all your questions, if i miss anything let me know, ok here goes:-

movies downloaded and movies to replace matching

ok this is a VERY recently introduced feature (2.1.8 beta1) to allow a fairly flexible search match, the best way to explain what it will match on is to give some examples. moviegrabber will match on file/folder names if file/folder name matches the imdb name, you can use hyphens, dots, underscores or spaces between the title names e.g. these are all valid:-

The.Matrix
The-Matrix
The Matrix
The_Matrix

and with append year option switched on:-

The.Matrix.(1999)
The-Matrix-(1999)
The Matrix (1999)
The_Matrix (1999)

for file name matching it will ignore the extension, one other thing to note is that moviegrabber does do recursive matches so it will drill down sub folders and look for matching files or folders so you only need to specify the root folder not all the sub folders, it also will allow you to specify root folders on different drives too, so you could set "configuration/folders" to the following:-

G:\Videos\Movies\HD\,H:\Videos\Movies\HD\

i think this answers your questions in the top half of your email :-)
on the queue TAb - can you automatically open the "view queue" screen when clicking on the TAB?
this could be done, but the reason its not setup like this is because you may want to purge the queue/history without having to wait for the page to load, which can be annoying when connected over a slow link, you can always bookmark the queue/view page as a workaround :-).
with the list of queue'd movies - can you add a button to remove/delete the movie from the list
this could be done, i did previously have the ability to individually remove items queued via a checkbox, so i could re-introduce this, reason i removed it is to simplify the webui but i do see your point that it would be nice to remove any other matching movies once released from queue, what about instead when you release the movie then it removes any other queued items with the same name?.
what happens if more than 50 movies/nzb's(yikes!) have been added since the last check??
ok this is a potential problem but unlikely, for this to be an issue there would have to be 50 posts in less than the specified time in the schedule for moviegrabber (configuration/schedule), the default being 1 hour, so for now i wouldnt loose any sleep over it :-).
other question - please confirm that once a movie has been added/downloaded to sab - that it will not be added from the RSS stream again
moviegrabber has several checks to prevent duplicate downloads, things it checks for:-

nzb doesnt exist in nzb folder (used by sabnzbd+)
nzb doesnt exist in watched folder (used by sabnzbd+)
movie doesnt exist in movies downloaded (if enabled)
movies doesnt exist in the completed folder (used by sabnzbd+)
post name doesnt exist in history table for moviegrabber

so in theory it is possible to cause a duplicate download if you deleted the nzb from the nzb folder, didnt specify the movies downloaded folder, deleted the movie from the completed folder, the post name was different, and you had automatically download (not queue) specified then it is possible that moviegrabber would duplicate.

im glad your enjoying moviegrabber, thanks for your kind comments :-)

binhex.
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

binhex wrote:hi neo_x, monster post there! :-) , i will try and cover all your questions, if i miss anything let me know, ok here goes:-
... ... ...
[
lol - sorry about that - after i clicked the submit button i was like - "CRAP!! did i write all of that :o :o :o"

anyhow - thank you for your reply - much appreciated to have such a quick response throughout this topic from you on questions from everybody -especially on such an "expensive" ;) software - You must really be passionate about it :)

this could be done, i did previously have the ability to individually remove items queued via a checkbox, so i could re-introduce this, reason i removed it is to simplify the webui but i do see your point that it would be nice to remove any other matching movies once released from queue, what about instead when you release the movie then it removes any other queued items with the same name?.

yes that would be a super feature to have - as i will not need other movies of the same name. maybe a confirmation box? - or another configuration setting...

Duplicates

so in theory it is possible to cause a duplicate download if you deleted the nzb from the nzb folder, didnt specify the movies downloaded folder, deleted the movie from the completed folder, the post name was different, and you had automatically download (not queue) specified then it is possible that moviegrabber would duplicate.
ok - i guess that should take care of it :) - rather extensive check i must say!

Can you maybe point me to where the beta's is located? - i will try and assist with testing some features you are adding

Thx

Neo_x
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi Neo_x, will add the feature "delete other matching movies on queue release with confirmation" to my list, location of beta's here:-

https://sourceforge.net/projects/movieg ... iles/beta/
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

binhex wrote:hi Neo_x, will add the feature "delete other matching movies on queue release with confirmation" to my list, location of beta's here:-

https://sourceforge.net/projects/movieg ... iles/beta/

Thank you - will take a look when i get chance (i am currently busy overhauling all my movie folders (wrote a script that assist me to renames the folders and files based on the movie name contained in the nfo file.. but it still requires bit of verification... ah well that's life - but yes - once done i should be able to verify the results against moviegrabber much more easily.

I thought about something with regards to duplicate checking....

the bolded part - not sure if it will break more things than it would solve - but wouldn't it help to rather check against the movie name/year in stead of the complete nzb name?

yes i know - there is cases where you would like to upgrade quality or replace a previously downloaded movie - but it is still a duplicate?

*just a possible crazy thought at this time of night* :P
jlguerrer

Post by jlguerrer »

binhex wrote:2.1.8 beta1 up now, changes as follows:-

#feature imdb movie names now match on folder names with spaces, dots, underscores or hyphens for movies exist/to replace
#feature imdb movie names now match on filenames with spaces, dots, underscores or hyphens for movies exist/to replace
#bug encode issue for info logging for movie details

please report back any bugs.

binhex.
Hi binhex,

It works with folder/movies names with dots instead spaces.

Thanks.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi jlguerrer, thanks for letting me know its working :-)
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi neo_x, i keep re-reading this but im not quite sure what you mean :-):-
check against the movie name/year in stead of the complete nzb name?
let me explain what i meant by "nzb doesnt exist in nzb folder", this means that the file "<imdb moviename> (<year>).nzb.gz" (assuming append year is on) does NOT exist in the specified nzb folder (configuration/folders/nzb folder) for moviegrabber.

so in actual fact the movie name +- year = nzb filename, is this what you were getting at?.

binhex.