Changing download path on NAS drive

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
maladrat

Changing download path on NAS drive

Post by maladrat »

I've just installed Debian and the SABnzbd package on a Dlink DNS-320 NAS with 2 1tb drives. I'm completely new to linux in general, but following guides have gotten SABnzbd running and downloading properly.

My problem is changing the download folder. Currently, downloads are set to go to 'Downloads' in "/home/XXXXX/.sabnzbd" according to SABnzbd config. This effectively sends them to (using the file path that my primary Windows computer has mapped) - U:\squeeze\home\XXXXX\.sabnzbd on the first drive. What I'd like to happen is to send downloads to U:\Downloads (again, based on the Windows file paths).

So far I've tried to change the folder to \\123.456.0.1\Volume_1\Downloads, and several variations thereof with no luck - each time I try, the download (per the history section of SABnzbd) goes to /home/XXXXX/.sabnzbd/\\123.456.0.1\Volume_1\Downloads or similar.

I know I must be making a simple error somewhere, but no idea where - if anyone can excuse my ignorance and assist it'd be much appreciated.

As a bonus question, it would be really useful if I could get some advice on how to differentiate between the two NAS drives when setting folders - Windows has them mapped to U: and V:, with the names Volume_1 and Volume_2 respectively - but again, I've no idea what linux identifies them as - given that they share the same IP I'm confident it isn't that.
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Changing download path on NAS drive

Post by jcfp »

You'll need to use the local path on the nas itself, it's not possible for us to tell what it will be. Not the windows path, not some network share thing. Then just make sure you fill it out in sab's config as an absolute path, by starting with a "/". If you don't, the program will consider it a relative path and append it to the standard directory (as you've found out already).