Moving completed downloads to specific folders

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
kian

Moving completed downloads to specific folders

Post by kian »

Hi guys,

i was wondering whether it is possible for sabnzbd to move certain downloaded files to certain other folders (some of them on a different partition).

my situation:
i have a tvshows folder on partition c and i have a movies folder on partition d. and sabnzbd is running on partition d. i was wondering whether sabnzbd can move downloaded tv series episodes e.g. to the tv shows folder on partition c after download completed.

to make things more complicated and optimal:
would it be also possible for sabnzbd to check the file name of the downloaded file (so for instance a prison break episode), check whether the filename contains prison, and accordingly just move the file to the prison break subfolder located inside the tvshows folder on partition c?

thanks,
k
switch

Re: Moving completed downloads to specific folders

Post by switch »

Check out Config>Categories. Setting up a category you can specify the path to where you want the download to go. Also enabling TV sorting can get you nested folders like you want with TV shows.
kian

Post by kian »

hi switch,
thanks for the info.

i just dont see in how far folder sorting can be applied to my case.

this is my scenario:
i already have a Prison Break folder on partition d (the full path is "d:\Series 2\prison break\season 4"). Currently, i download the season 4 episodes and manually move them into the season 4 folder.

Now, how can i configure or which string to i have to use in sabnzbd config menu to correctly let it automatically move downloaded files that contain "prison" and season 4 in to the "d:\Series 2\prison break\season 4"?

would be happy if you could give me a little advice as i am a bit of a newbie here :(

thanks and regards,
k
switch

Post by switch »

1) Enable folder sorting in config>folders, and choose "1x05 Season Folder" or "S01E05 Season Folder".
2) In config>categories, point the TV category to "D:\" (no quotes)
3) Save the nzb as "Show Name - 1x05 - Episode Name.nzb" or similar (just needs the showname and 1x01 or S01E01)
4) Apply the TV category to your download (Can be done automatically by creating a folder named TV in your blackhole directory)

More info here: http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/folder-sorting
kian

Post by kian »

ok, here are some follow up questions:
1. what do you mean with "Save the nzb as "Show Name - 1x05 - Episode Name.nzb" or similar (just needs the showname and 1x01 or S01E01)"? i actually intend to use rss feeds from tvnzb.com to automatically download a prison break episode e.g., and these are typically coded as series name and s01e05. So do i have to save the nzb in the exact same format, i.e. may the nzb file only contain "Show Name - 1x05 - Episode Name.nzb" or also the whole "." and release group stuff?
2. what do you mean with you last point? how can i apply the tv category to my download? and what is a blackhole directory?

i already took a look at the wiki prior to posting this whole thread actually.

sorry for being so difficult but i hope that we can resolve the "problem" somehow.

thx,

kian
switch

Post by switch »

1) Yes, that naming will work as mentioned in the wiki.
2) blackhole = watched folder. If you are using RSS feeds, just select "TV" in the drop-down for the RSS feed and the TV category will be applied to the download when it is added.
kian

Post by kian »

after downloading a prison break episode 6 times i finally firgured everything out ;)

GENIUS application. kudos to all you sabnzbd developers.

thx for the support btw...