Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download program

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
confusedxx

Re: Headphones : Music albums and artists auto download prog

Post by confusedxx »

I just installed head phones and it see,s to give me some errors. I followed the total htpc guide.

When I launch application from the icon in my windows explorer, it fails to add the "/home" to the URL and as result ie fails to open right URL.

If I amend URL with /home manually it opens. However once I add an artist (eg lady gaga) it does not show her real albums. Same for 2pac. So I manually add artists, after a bit it finds albums, but gives me invalid URL if trying to add album to download.

Anyone experience such issues?
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

What browser are you using? It should automatically redirect you to /home... another thing to check might be the http_root in your config.ini . mine is just a forward slash.

sorry i haven't dropped by here in a while. i'm just in the middle of doing a major code cleanup to get rid of all the bugginess and while i'm at it I figured I'd clean up the user interface as well since it's sort of a pain/confusing to navigate.

If you're having any trouble, it's much easier to post something on github since I get email alerts with new issues, etc - so those tend to be fixed faster.

Thanks for the patience and support and everything else. I'm looking forward to getting some serious work done on Headphones.
spatimouth01

Post by spatimouth01 »

I really like your application so I decided yesterday to give you a small donation.

Everything so far seems to work fine, but I've had two problems running this on my LinuxMint 12 computer.

1. The default Ubuntu init script gives a error No process in pidfile '/var/run/headphones.pid' found running; none killed. when I attempt to stop the server. I was able to solve this by editing the the sickbeard init script.
2. Headphones shows that there is a update available, but when I attempt to update nothing happens and it gets stuck at the update screen.

#Update
I corrected the update issue by using git command through the command line.
rembo10

Post by rembo10 »

spatimouth01 wrote:I really like your application so I decided yesterday to give you a small donation.

Everything so far seems to work fine, but I've had two problems running this on my LinuxMint 12 computer.

1. The default Ubuntu init script gives a error No process in pidfile '/var/run/headphones.pid' found running; none killed. when I attempt to stop the server. I was able to solve this by editing the the sickbeard init script.
2. Headphones shows that there is a update available, but when I attempt to update nothing happens and it gets stuck at the update screen.
Are you sure it's getting stuck? You may be able to get a better idea of what's going on by watching the headphones.log file. Sometimes a local edit may prevent a clean update if it's not committed. May be something to check out. On that note, unfortunately I didnt create those init scripts so I won't be much help in debugging them, but it might be a permissions problem (ie you can't write the pid file so it can't delete it). Try running the init script manually from the console to see if you get better output.

How's Linux Mint 12 btw?
spatimouth01

Post by spatimouth01 »

Well it appears it does update but the page just gets stuck at "Headphones is Updating". I gave it about 5 minutes before I gave up. I'm guessing it's supposed to autorefresh back to the home page? I've only tested this on Firefox, so I don't know if it works on another browser. If I click on home it appear to work just fine and the update message goes away. Guess I wasn't waiting long enough. My log file shows a couple git permission is denied which is probably caused by me trying to spam the update link over and over.

I was able to get the start/shutdown by editing sickbeard's init script and pointing it to were I have headphones at. It seems to work just fine. From what little I understand of the script, it doesn't use PIDs just points to the shutdown link built into the server.

Mint works pretty well... The gui still has some bugs, but its a much better out of the box experience than plain old ubuntu.
Inflatablemouse

Post by Inflatablemouse »

Would it be possible to filter a genre from being indexed by Headphones when I import my music folder?

Thing is, I've started the import yesterday evening, after a few hours it had done 58 artists and then it hit 'Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart'. It's still on WAM ... the counter currently is 12540 items and it's still going.

This is insane and I've got a few more classicals, at this rate it will be done by the end of the year ... :S

Now I won't use headphones for classical, so if I couls simply filter that genre .. Headhpones used to be done within 24 hours on my library.

Thanks.
deviantone

Post by deviantone »

Looks like a great addon can't believe took me this long to stumble on. Question trying to add artist but getting this error, anyone know of the fix?

Attempt to retrieve information from MusicBrainz for release group "09ae8c7a-594a-442c-b5f2-47f3bbfb105a" failed (HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable)
Faintuk

Post by Faintuk »

deviantone wrote:Looks like a great addon can't believe took me this long to stumble on. Question trying to add artist but getting this error, anyone know of the fix?

Attempt to retrieve information from MusicBrainz for release group "09ae8c7a-594a-442c-b5f2-47f3bbfb105a" failed (HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable)
This is a known problem with musicbrains, go into the settings and scroll down to the Muscbrainz Mirror option from here you can change where the information is grabbed. You can also select "headphones" which is a dedicated server run my the developer but you have to give a donation to gain access, I have done this and have had no more errors when adding artists
rascalli

Post by rascalli »

I am getting the following error

Code: Select all

28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Checking to see if there are any folders to process in download_dir: /share/HDA_DATA/Download/sabnzbd/complete/Music/
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Found 2 folders to process
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Processing: Gareth Emery - Northern Lights (Re-Lit)
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Couldn't parse Gareth Emery - Northern Lights (Re-Lit) into a valid default format
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Couldn't parse Gareth Emery - Northern Lights (Re-Lit) into a valid Newbin format
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Couldn't parse Gareth Emery - Northern Lights (Re-Lit) into any valid format.
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Processing: David Guetta - Nothing but the Beat
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Couldn't parse David Guetta - Nothing but the Beat into a valid default format
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Couldn't parse David Guetta - Nothing but the Beat into a valid Newbin format
28-Apr-2012 07:35:07 - INFO    :: Thread-68 : Couldn't parse David Guetta - Nothing but the Beat into any valid format.
Ay idea why it does not like these 2 ?? Actually it is doing this with all my downloads

Tx
nlsko

Post by nlsko »

baje wrote:Hello,

i can"t launch headphone because of this :
c:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd\rembo10-headphones-a7441e2>Headphones.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd\rembo10-headphones-a7441e2\Headphones.py", line 5, in <module>
from lib.configobj import ConfigObj
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\SABnzbd\rembo10-headphones-a7441e2\lib\configobj.py", line 1644
except Exception, e:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
If someone has any idea to help me, thanks !
looks like your python version is too new? I had the same and fixed this by replacing the , with as in all except.. lines.

see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5119 ... except-exc

Then I got a whole lot of inconsistency errors regarding the use of spaces and tabs for indents in __init__.py
This is the error I get after resolving the above error regarding Except and dealing with some indent errors already.

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\xxxx\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-6bd762d\rembo10-headphones-6bd762d\Headphones.py", line 7, in <module>
    import headphones  File "C:\Users\xxxx\Downloads\rembo10-headphones-6bd762d\rembo10-headphones-6bd762d\headphones\__init__.py", line 391
    FILE_FORMAT = replace_all(FILE_FORMAT, file_values)
                                                      ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
So I gave up finally, I don't know anything about Python and the amount of errors is just too high for me. :)

is headphones only compatible with python upto a particular version? i'm using python-3.2.3.amd64 on Windows 7 x64
brando56894

Post by brando56894 »

This is a great program you have here and I already donated to you, but I can't seem to get post-processing to work 100%. It seems that it will rename the files correctly but won't rename the directories. For example I downloaded Dirt by Alice in Chains and it moved it to the root of my music directory as Alice in Chains - Dirt [1992] instead of Alice in Chains/Dirt [1992]

I have this template setup under Folder Format: $Artist/$Album [$Year] and this under File Format: $Track - $Title. I also have these settings checked under Post-Processing: Move downloads to Destination Folder, Rename files, Correct metadata, Delete leftover files (.m3u, .nfo, .sfv, .nzb, etc.), Add album art as 'folder.jpg' to album folder, and Embed album art in each file.

What's wrong?

Edit: I have a feeling it's because SABnzbd is just moving it to the music directory since I have a category setup for it and it's never getting post-processed by headphones.
SpankIt

Post by SpankIt »

I have the same issue happening with my setup. I created a category for headphones in sabnzbd and configured them for a /headphones/new and headphones/processed. The files just stay in the new directory and never get moved to the processed directory.

Edit: I got it working by checking off "Move downloads to Destination Folder"
brando56894 wrote:This is a great program you have here and I already donated to you, but I can't seem to get post-processing to work 100%. It seems that it will rename the files correctly but won't rename the directories. For example I downloaded Dirt by Alice in Chains and it moved it to the root of my music directory as Alice in Chains - Dirt [1992] instead of Alice in Chains/Dirt [1992]

I have this template setup under Folder Format: $Artist/$Album [$Year] and this under File Format: $Track - $Title. I also have these settings checked under Post-Processing: Move downloads to Destination Folder, Rename files, Correct metadata, Delete leftover files (.m3u, .nfo, .sfv, .nzb, etc.), Add album art as 'folder.jpg' to album folder, and Embed album art in each file.

What's wrong?

Edit: I have a feeling it's because SABnzbd is just moving it to the music directory since I have a category setup for it and it's never getting post-processed by headphones.
johnnycanuck

Post by johnnycanuck »

I don't know if this is the correct place to submit this and I've searched around but couldn't find anything. The other day myself and a colleague were talking about a script or program that you could use to scan your music folder and then set it to go pull everything, or selected items, down in lossless format and replace the existing folder/files. I thought that headphones would be perfect for this since you can scan in your library anyways.

Unless this already exists somewhere if anyone knows that'd be great. Since hard drives are cheap now why not have good sounding music.
SpankIt

Post by SpankIt »

@johnnycanuck: This is exactly what I am in the process of doing.
ruinit

Post by ruinit »

Hi,
Great app ty, I have trouble getting these errors and not sure why. I have entered retention of 1000 etc. Everything I try comes up as no results and nzbmatrix works so not sure what is wrong. This is just a snip no matter what band I try it returns no results.

2012-05-04 10:13:03 INFO No results found from http://nzb.su for Alabama The Touch
2012-05-04 10:13:03 INFO Parsing results from http://nzb.su
2012-05-04 10:13:03 INFO Searching for Alabama The Touch since it was marked as wanted
2012-05-04 10:13:03 INFO Marking album: bbe4ed01-2a13-3084-ad59-0ee18d2ec5b5 as wanted...
2012-05-04 10:12:11 INFO Parsing results from nzb.su
2012-05-04 10:12:11 INFO Searching for Alabama Twentieth Century since it was marked as wanted