MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
binhex

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by binhex »

hi pilgrim, thats really odd that it didnt pick that movie up, few questions for you:-

1. is the movie "Lethal Weapon (1987)" a named folder or is that the name of the movie file?.
2. are you sure your connection to your nas was up at the time? does your nas go into sleep/hibernate or hard drive spin down?.
Also I have to say I liked clicking the check boxes and then releases to queue better.
no problems, i will re-add it in in 2.1.8 final :-)
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:hi pilgrim, thats really odd that it didnt pick that movie up, few questions for you:-

1. is the movie "Lethal Weapon (1987)" a named folder or is that the name of the movie file?.
2. are you sure your connection to your nas was up at the time? does your nas go into sleep/hibernate or hard drive spin down?.
Hi,

1. it is a named folder
2. The shared drive is a uRaid server and it is allways up and running, other applications that dl tv shows never have an issue with episode check or dl, rename and move. Sometimes the drives do sleep and it takes a moment to wake them up, but as said never have issues with TV apps.

When looking at movies in the history section of MovieGrabber I see reasons why something was not grabbed, usually not a high enough score or maybe not enough votes, but I have never seen it say movie already exist on HD. I will look for movies in history that I know I have and watch for that type of message to confirm if it is working some of the time.

Cheers,
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

binhex wrote:hi Neo_x, will add the feature "delete other matching movies on queue release with confirmation" to my list, location of beta's here:-

https://sourceforge.net/projects/movieg ... iles/beta/

hi binhex

Any updates on that feature? ( i know working almost constantly form the queue goes against the "automated" part of movie grabber) , but i would love to have that feature added ( hopefully not too difficult i hope :)

thx again for your dedication on this

Neo_x
Last edited by neo_x on April 6th, 2012, 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
neo_x

Post by neo_x »

binhex wrote:hi neo_x, at the moment moviegrabber simply removes any illegal characters from the imdb name, using your examples:-

2001: A Space Odyssey

translated to

2001 A Space Odyssey

11:11

translated to

Are We There Yet?

translated to

Are We There Yet

i like your suggestion of converting 11:11 into 11-11 as an alternative, bit tricky to regex as in your example your both replacing ":" with null and also replacing ":" with "-" so i would need to build a bit of logic into, i could as you pointed out use the space to decide whether its time format or not, what about movies like "50/50" im guessing your preferred name would be "50-50"? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1306980/).

logic i applied acroos about 5k titles i have on my pc -
ie input is IMDB title string with a space and the year appended in brackets. ie "IMDB TITLE (YEAR)"
then string is further manipulated as follows (visual basic script but should be easy to follow)

Code: Select all

new_name = replace(new_name,": "," ")  / first replace colon including a space with just a space		
                new_name = replace(new_name,":","-") // then replace colons
		new_name = replace(new_name,"?","") // remove other invalids
		new_name = replace(new_name,"/","-")// remove other invalids
		new_name = replace(new_name,"\","-")// remove other invalids
		new_name = replace(new_name,"?","")// remove other invalids
		new_name = replace(new_name,"<","")// remove other invalids
		new_name = replace(new_name,">","")// remove other invalids
		new_name = replace(new_name,"|","")// remove other invalids
		new_name = replace(new_name,"amp;","")    //this was a possible scraper issue - some titles had this character sequence inside
		new_name = replace(new_name,"  "," ")// replace all double spaces with single space in order to clean-up name
i know its not 100% fool proof, but it worked
*and yes in my case i modified titles starting with "the" and "a" to move the words to the back of the title :)*

hope this helps - thank you for looking into this

Neo_x

*edit*
*hmmmm
50/50 seems to be an interesting one. let me run my script to see what will happen. 50-50 is probably the best solution
*edit2*
correct replacing / and \ with "-" did present better results - updated code as per above
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Binhex,

A suggestion and a question:

It would be helpful if there was a spot in MovieGrabber where I could see the status of recent runs. For example on the home screen a simple log that read:

Successful Run: 8am, 8 movies evaluated, 2 movies queued
Failed Run: 7am nzbs.org connection timed out
Successful Run: 6am, 4 movies evaluated, 0 movies queued

It does not seem like my MovieGrabber has put any new movies in the history for a few days now. Which brings me to the question:
I just started to use SickBeard and the NZBS.org configuration there uses the new beta.nzbs.org site. I had to log out of the old site and log into the new site to get SickBeard to work. I am no longer logging into the old nbs.org site. It seemed like all was ok with SickBeard checking the new beta site and MovieGrabber looking to the old site, but now that I have not had updates inside MovieGrabber for 3 days, I am starting to wonder.

This morning I switched to NZBMatrix, did a save, then on home menu clicked 'Run Now', but I can't tell if it is running and no updates still. I looked in the logs but they have no new entries other than the startup of MovieGrabber in the cherrypy.log. I also upgraded today to the new 2.1.8b2 version.

Love the automated pull versus queue up method of CouchPotato, in fact the only reason I run CouchPotato anymore is so it can auto grab trailers for me after download, if you ever put that feature into MovieGrabber I would cut the cord on couchpotato.

Cheers,
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

pilGrim wrote:Hi Binhex,

It does not seem like my MovieGrabber has put any new movies in the history for a few days now.
I restarted MovieGrabber a few times and now it seems to be working, if I scan the processed date in history I can see lots of movies from today and yesterday. The queue is filling up but getting lots of dupes from hard drive still. In fact on history tab under result I have never seen a message indicating dupe. I have over 1,600 movies so hard to believe it would not find dupes.

Let me know if there is something you need to help track this bug.

Cheers
binhex

Post by binhex »

neo_x wrote:
binhex wrote:hi Neo_x, will add the feature "delete other matching movies on queue release with confirmation" to my list, location of beta's here:-

https://sourceforge.net/projects/movieg ... iles/beta/

hi binhex

Any updates on that feature? ( i know working almost constantly form the queue goes against the "automated" part of movie grabber) , but i would love to have that feature added ( hopefully not too difficult i hope :)

thx again for your dedication on this

Neo_x
hi neo_x i will incorporate this into 2.1.9, i want to try and get 2.1.8 final out the door first, shouldn't take me long to code though.
binhex

Post by binhex »

It would be helpful if there was a spot in MovieGrabber where I could see the status of recent runs. For example on the home screen a simple log that read:

Successful Run: 8am, 8 movies evaluated, 2 movies queued
Failed Run: 7am nzbs.org connection timed out
Successful Run: 6am, 4 movies evaluated, 0 movies queued
yep this is on my list to do, it wont be exactly like that but i would like to have some sort or status message on the home screen showing the latest processed, latest queued, and latest downloaded, i just need to have a think as to how to display this in a nice format, html web design is not my strong point :-). as far as notifying you of warnings/errors i was thinking of a simple message at the bottom of the screen, just like sabnzbd+.
I just started to use SickBeard and the NZBS.org configuration there uses the new beta.nzbs.org site. I had to log out of the old site and log into the new site to get SickBeard to work.
ok the beta site of nzbs.org is based on newznab, moviegrabber does support newznab but it looks like there has been a fairly major change in how the api works so i will need to re-code moviegrabber for the new api before it works. my guess is that your getting issues due to the fact that nzbs.org thinks your logging in twice with the same ip (old site and new site) and thus the issue, is it not possible to set sickbeard to use the old site?.

ok onto your movies already downloaded issue, one question for you, i see that you have your movies in the format "movie title (<year>)" do you have the option "enable append year" switched on?, if not then you will need to do this as moviegrabber will use this switch to determine the format of your existing movies, if that is set to on then i will need to dive deeper into the issue, let me know.

binhex.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:
ok onto your movies already downloaded issue, one question for you, i see that you have your movies in the format "movie title (<year>)" do you have the option "enable append year" switched on?, if not then you will need to do this as moviegrabber will use this switch to determine the format of your existing movies, if that is set to on then i will need to dive deeper into the issue, let me know.

binhex.
Doh! User error. I missed that switch and the importance of it, append year was turned off. let's see what happens now.

Thanks for the other stuff when you get around to it. All seems to be working ok now.
binhex

Post by binhex »

2.1.8 final now released (uploading now), please be aware there is a known issue with the newznab index for moviegrabber due to a code change in newznab, so for now this does not work, this will be fixed in 2.1.9.

upgrading?
1. shutdown moviegrabber
2. download zip and extract to same location, overwriting all files/folders
3. start moviegrabber

full changelog on first post of this thread
war59312

Post by war59312 »

Upgraded to 2.1.8 and now I am seeing this often:

Code: Select all

You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed! I'm disabling Cheetah's useStackFrames option as it is painfully slow with the Python version of NameMapper.

You should get a copy of Cheetah with the compiled C version of NameMapper.

"You don't have the C version of NameMapper installed!
Any help? Running Ubuntu 11.04 Server.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi war59312, in short this can be ignored, its simply cheetah moaning about the fact it doesnt have the c compiled namemapper present, just to confirm this is NOT a new issue but has been present in all versions of moviegrabber, this issue can also be seen in couchpotato and sickbeard :-).binhex
war59312

Post by war59312 »

OK Indeed, thanks for confirming.

Will ignore for now. Will fix one day. ;) Anyone got a guide for it?

Thanks again, love this project!
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok new version going up, this is the first beta for 2.1.9, changes so far:-

- gui change, no wrap on imdb title (stop overlap with status label)
- re-code newznab, use api (xml format)
- put in "-" for empty plot and/or genre
- fixed regex capitalisation in imdb title

the main chunk of work was completely re-doing the newznab indexer, this was necessary due to changes in the api code, please can anybody who has a nzb.su account or uses the beta.nzbs.org site give this a go, ive done some testing and it looks ok but its always good to have a few more people test it before release :-)

binhex.
EivindB

Post by EivindB »

Hi!

Thanks for a fantastic app!

I have a couple of wishes I hope you will consider for future updates (or instruct me on how to properly use the app).

1) Genres
Since movies generally are tagged in different genres the selection process using Good and Preferred genres will exclude those that matches your selection but at the same time matches one ore more that you haven't ticked off. I.e if you prefer Action but not Drama then any movie tagged with these genres will not be downloaded. Personally I wood prefer the selection as "any of my genres".

Or is the intention so set all genres as Good with a high score and then only tick those you prefer by default in Preferred with a much lower rating?

2)sabnzbd+ category integration
I like to categorize my movies (children's, animation, scifi etc). sabnzbd will the store them in the locations I specify. Since I can't do this in MovieGrabber I have to manually move the files to their proper location.
Therefor I would like a feature to let me use sabnzb categories based on genres. Since there's a selection of genres to be made this could be done by weighting the genres according to preference and/or age rating.

-Eivind