LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
Ezrem

Re: LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Post by Ezrem »

Hi, I just installed this on my Synology ds1010+ NAS. Actually hacked up SuperZebulon's Headphones .spk for these NASes so that it would install LazyLibrarian instead. I thought that would be the hard part! Now that it's running, I do have a few issues/suggestions.

1) I can get it to download books, but it doesn't seem to do any post processing. If I manually process under the Books tab, it moves books to my end location. Unfortunately the lazylibrarian user seems to be the only account with access to some of the files, especially the metadata. Am I missing something like a permissions setting?

2) If I search for a book by title, the only option is to add by author. I then still have to drill through that author, select the book I want and set it to Wanted status. Shouldn't there be an add by title option? Another part of this issue is that if I do a title search, for at least one book, once I've added the author, the book I'm looking for doesn't show up in the list, where it did when I did a title search. The book, for the record, is Shadows in Flight, by Orson Scott Card. I only see some kind of Enhanced edition, not the regular book.

3) It would be nice to be able to add a search for any book with a partial name match. For example, a book series that has the same starting title, and just has a different sub-title, if that makes sense.

4) I don't see any audiobook support. Is that something that is planned?

5) Last one, I promise! Any chance you could add script running after post processing? I'd love to call a Calibre library update after a book is added.

Thanks for your hard work!
cadric

Post by cadric »

Just wanted to say thanks for this awsome program.

It still have some way to go, but you got a very start and I'm looking forward to more updates :)
Faintuk

Post by Faintuk »

Just wondering if youll include the option for magazines? As I think this would be very helpful

Thanks
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

I love the idea of this program! Thank you so much for putting in the time to make it.

However, I can't seem to get it to work properly.

It does start when my server (running Zentyal2,2/Ubuntu 10.04) starts. yay!

But when I go to add an author it will initially pull a list of books by that author. I select a few books, then I hit the go button. After that, things go wonky.

I get this at the top of the page:

Robert Heinlein
None

(Fetching information for this author ...)

Totalbooks: None

and the page keeps refreshing w/o ever adding anything. And there is no book list.

I'm almost POSITIVE this is a permissions issue, but I haven't a clue how to fix it.

Any help is appreciated. :)
juiced

Post by juiced »

tymanthius wrote:I love the idea of this program! Thank you so much for putting in the time to make it.

However, I can't seem to get it to work properly.

It does start when my server (running Zentyal2,2/Ubuntu 10.04) starts. yay!

But when I go to add an author it will initially pull a list of books by that author. I select a few books, then I hit the go button. After that, things go wonky.

I get this at the top of the page:

Robert Heinlein
None

(Fetching information for this author ...)

Totalbooks: None

and the page keeps refreshing w/o ever adding anything. And there is no book list.

I'm almost POSITIVE this is a permissions issue, but I haven't a clue how to fix it.

Any help is appreciated. :)
i've got the same problem, when i look in the log files it shows that he finds books, but i don't get a book list when i click on the author.
Ezrem

Post by Ezrem »

I'm getting this same issue now, too.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

Ezrem wrote:I'm getting this same issue now, too.
You said "now". Was everything running well for you before? If so, what changed?
Ezrem

Post by Ezrem »

Yes, everything was fine before. To my knowledge, nothing changed on my end. Sick beard, couch potato and headphones all still work fine.
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

I also have a problem with this. Can't seem to get it working at all actually.

I enter an Authors name in the top right (eg, Stephen King). It displays a whole bunch of his books on the screen after that, with checkmarks after each one, but no Submit, or Go, or whatever button.

In the top left there's a drop down box with "Author Add" in it. I select a book, and click Add next to Author Add, at which point I get the same as the guys above (nothing essentially). However, in the Python log window it shows:

Code: Select all

20-Apr-2012 10:02:32 - INFO :: DBIMPORT : Searching for author with name: Stephe
n King
Exception in thread DBIMPORT:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 554, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 507, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "G:\Handies\LazyLibrarian\lazylibrarian\importer.py", line 103, in addAut
horToDB
    author = GR.find_author_id()
  File "G:\Handies\LazyLibrarian\lazylibrarian\gr.py", line 39, in find_author_i
d
    authorlist = self.get_author_info(authorid)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'authorid' referenced before assignment
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

Ezrem wrote:Yes, everything was fine before. To my knowledge, nothing changed on my end. Sick beard, couch potato and headphones all still work fine.
Did you reboot maybe? That was all I did.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

I wiped all the librarian info off my system, did a complete reinstall, and am getting the same thing. I'm going to try emailing the dev to see if he is still working on this.
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

I noticed this in the console after my restart of LL.

Code: Select all

Exception in thread DBIMPORT:                                                                                                                                            Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                                         File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner                                                                                                     self.run()                                                                                                                                                             File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run                                                                                                                   self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)                                                                                                                           File "/home/tymanthius/.lazylibrarian/lazylibrarian/importer.py", line 103, in addAuthorToDB                                                                               author = GR.find_author_id()                                                                                                                                           File "/home/tymanthius/.lazylibrarian/lazylibrarian/gr.py", line 39, in find_author_id                                                                                     authorlist = self.get_author_info(authorid)                                                                                                                          UnboundLocalError: local variable 'authorid' referenced before assignment                                                                                                

simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

tymanthius wrote:I noticed this in the console after my restart of LL.
Well noticed. It's right there, 2 posts above yours :D
tymanthius

Post by tymanthius »

simonk83 wrote:
Meh. I was at work, so paying attention to forums was a little low. :D

But hey, now we know two ppl have the issue. lol
simonk83

Post by simonk83 »

tymanthius wrote:
simonk83 wrote:
Meh. I was at work, so paying attention to forums was a little low. :D

But hey, now we know two ppl have the issue. lol
The more the merrier ;)