MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
pilGrim

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote: please can anybody who has a nzb.su account or uses the beta.nzbs.org site give this a go, ive done some testing and it looks ok but its always good to have a few more people test it before release :-)
binhex.
Hi Binhex,

I did get nzb.su to work, but I was getting a some TS, CAM and bad R5 releases so I altered the search criteria to: "+BRRip, +BDRip, +DVDRip", but your note is that this is an "AND not OR" criteria so I assume this is why since I made this change I am no longer getting results?

I do use Beta.nzbs.org but the NZBs setup looks exactly the same so I did not test, does it now point to beta.nzbs.org, versus old nzbs.org site?

Thanks
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Again,

I pulled out my search criteria for type of rip and had a hard time getting a forced run to show results. I switched to NZBMatrix and then left it alone for a while. I now see results, first update in 1.5 days, but many movies are showing up twice, some with even the same file name, for example:

Entry 1:
Movie.Name.1992.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-aRMED
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:20:36 UTC, Size 839 MB

Entry 2:

In next example the file size is slightly different but based on post time these look like same?

Entry 1
Movie.Name.2012.dvdscr.xvid-voodoo.part46
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:24:42 UTC, Size 810 MB

Entry 2
Movie.Name.2012.DVDSCR.XViD-Voodoo
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:24:42 UTC, Size 863 MB

Under NZB.SU I was getting different postings of the same movie in the queue, which is ok as I can pick the best, but if I was auto downloading that would not work as I would get multiple versions stored in my library. In the case above it looks like multiple of same posting in the queue and history.

Let me know if I can help track it down better.

TIA
gedm

Post by gedm »

Hi,

I am new to MovieGrabber and I like the concept. I pay for my Usenet by MB downloaded, therefore I want most of the stuff to go to the queue. I managed to get MovieGrabber to scan and send nzb's directly to SABnzbd but I can't get movies into the Queue. I have set it up so everything is almost the same between the Good Definitions and the Queued Definitions. See below:

Code: Select all

[folders]
movies_downloaded_dir = y:\
movies_to_replace_dir = 
watch_dir = z:\nzb\
nzb_dir = z:\nzbCompleted\
completed_dir = z:\complete\
metadata_dir = 
cherrypylog_dir = C:\Temp\moviegrabber\logs
moviegrabberlog_dir = C:\Temp\moviegrabber\logs

[switches]
enable_downloaded = no
enable_replace = no
enable_favorites = no
enable_preferred = no
enable_queuing = yes
enable_metadata = no
enable_release_group = no
enable_email_notify = no
enable_append_year = yes
enable_posters = yes

[imdb]
good_genre = action,adventure,animation,comedy,documentary,drama,family,music,musical,mystery,romance,sci-fi,sport,thriller,war
good_rating = 4.0
good_votes = 0
good_date = 2000
preferred_genre = 
preferred_rating = 0.0
queue_genre = action,adventure,animation,comedy,documentary,drama,family,music,musical,mystery,romance,sci-fi,sport,thriller,war
queue_date = 2099
bad_genre = biography,crime,fantasy,film-Noir,game-show,history,horror,news,reality-tv,short,talk-show,western
bad_title = 
fav_dir = 
fav_writer = 
fav_actor = 
fav_char = 
fav_title = 

[email_settings]
email_server = 
email_server_port = 587
email_server_ssl = 
email_username = 
email_password = 
email_from = 
email_to = 

[website_settings]
index_site = nzbmatrix
nzbmatrix_username = xxxxxxxx
nzbmatrix_key = xxxxxxxx
nzbmatrix_cat = all formats
nzbmatrix_lang = english
nzbmatrix_search = 
nzbmatrix_minsize = 500
nzbmatrix_maxsize = 1600
nzbmatrix_badreport = 
nzbmatrix_release_group = 
nzbs_id = 
nzbs_hash = 
nzbs_cat = all formats
nzbs_search = 
nzbs_minsize = 0
nzbs_maxsize = 0
nzbs_badreport = 
nzbs_release_group = 
newznab_hostname = http://dognzb.cr
newznab_portnumber = 80
newznab_key = xxxxxxxx
newznab_cat = all formats
newznab_search = 
newznab_minsize = 500
newznab_maxsize = 1600
newznab_min_completion = 97
newznab_badreport = 
newznab_release_group = 

[misc]
color_scheme = classic
schedule_hour = 1
schedule_minute = 0
max_items_shown = 100
history_sort_order = post_date_desc
queued_sort_order = post_date_desc
movie_separator = <>
moviegrabber_username = 
moviegrabber_password = 
moviegrabber_ssl = no
launch_browser = yes
test_mode = no
log_level = INFO
last_run = 22/04/2012 18:18:30
version = 2.1.8

I have read in this thread that some people refer to setting the directory where queued nzb's are sent. I can't find this setting. Can anyone suggest where I may have gone wrong?

Thanks
Gerard
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi EivindB, replies as follows:-
I.e if you prefer Action but not Drama then any movie tagged with these genres will not be downloaded. Personally I wood prefer the selection as "any of my genres".
the genre section is currently set so that if any negative genres match then it will skip the title:-

e.g if positive genre list is "Action, Sci-Fi, Romance" and negative genre list is "Drama" then the following will NOT match:-

"Action, Sci-Fi, Romance, Drama"

This is because "Drama" is in the list of genres for this movie, basically the rule is negative matches override positive matches for genres, i could add this is as a configurable option to set it to either positive overrides negative genres, or the other way around.
I would like a feature to let me use sabnzb categories based on genres. Since there's a selection of genres to be made this could be done by weighting the genres according to preference and/or age rating.
hmm tricky, i dont know how this would work, for instance if you had a movie with the following genres which category would it be put in?:-

Genres = "Action, Animation"

as you say it could have weightings but i still think it wouldn't be very accurate, one thing i could look into is the movie age rating, i'll take a look.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi pilGrim, replies as follows:-
I was getting a some TS, CAM and bad R5 releases so I altered the search criteria to: "+BRRip, +BDRip, +DVDRip", but your note is that this is an "AND not OR"
try setting your search criteria to "+Rip -hdtv -tc -ts -rc -line -audio -telesync -telecine" this should then give you any rips without the pre release stuff.
but many movies are showing up twice, some with even the same file name, for example:

Entry 1:

Entry 2:
this one has got me stumped to be honest, are you positive the names are EXACTLY the same, this includes case.
In next example the file size is slightly different but based on post time these look like same?

Entry 1
Movie.Name.2012.dvdscr.xvid-voodoo.part46
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:24:42 UTC, Size 810 MB

Entry 2
Movie.Name.2012.DVDSCR.XViD-Voodoo
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:24:42 UTC, Size 863 MB
this one hasnt got me stumped :-), the different is the ".part46" at the end of the post name, as well as the case difference, i will relax the case so that its case insensitive for version 2.1.9, just to confirm though this still would NOT match as it has ".part46" appended to the end.
Under NZB.SU I was getting different postings of the same movie in the queue, which is ok as I can pick the best, but if I was auto downloading that would not work as I would get multiple versions stored in my library.
it wont download multiple versions of the same movie as there are checks in place to prevent this, the way it would work in auto mode is that it will download the first matching movie, after that it will know its already been downloaded by checking the completed folder, the nzb folder, and your movies downloaded folder, so its highly unlikely you will see any duplicates.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi gedm, replies as follows:-
I have read in this thread that some people refer to setting the directory where queued nzb's are sent. I can't find this setting. Can anyone suggest where I may have gone wrong?
in the later versions of moviegrabber there is no requirement to have a "queue folder" any more as nzb's are only downloaded when a user clicks on the download icon (sabnzbd+ yellow icon), here a quote from an earlier post i made regards the change:-
just a quick point regards the queue feature, 2.1.5 will be changing this so that queued movies will no longer result in a downloaded nzb to a folder but instead the nzb will be only be downloaded in the background when a user clicks on the download icon (sabnzbd logo) in queued (goes straight to watched folder).

this will results in less "wasted" bandwidth for the index site and also less hard drive space used for the user, this also means that users can now relax their matching criteria further if they wished to allow more results to be queued without the worry of hitting the daily nzb download limit on the index site. the only downside would be a small wait time whilist the nzb is downloaded before it gets sent to sabnzbd+ watched folder, but from my tests its typically only around 5-10 seconds.
if you wish to queue everything then just make sure you have "enable queuing" switched on (config/switches) and that you have queue genre and/or queue date defined (config/imdb) tip if you want to force EVERYTHING to queue then set the queue date to some date in the future.
gedm

Post by gedm »

Hi binhex,

I checked it again tonight and it's working properly. Maybe my criteria was too narrow.

I look forward to your donation page being up and running.

Thanks.
lysp

Post by lysp »

binhex wrote: try setting your search criteria to "+Rip -hdtv -tc -ts -rc -line -audio -telesync -telecine" this should then give you any rips without the pre release stuff.
Is it possible to allow wildcards in the criteria?.. ie B?RIP to capture brrip/bdrip.
EivindB

Post by EivindB »

hi binhex!

Thank you for the fast reply.

Can i assume that the rating in the preferred genres category will affect posts with any of those genres specified?

Eg.
In Good everything is on and the good rating is set to 8.0
In Preferred I've ticked off "Action, Sci-Fi, Romance" with a rating of 5.0

Is this then true: Any post tagged "Action, Sci-Fi, Romance, Drama" with a rating of 5.0 or above will be downloaded since one or more of the genres is in preferred (and all are in Good)?

-Eivind
binhex

Post by binhex »

lysp wrote:
binhex wrote: try setting your search criteria to "+Rip -hdtv -tc -ts -rc -line -audio -telesync -telecine" this should then give you any rips without the pre release stuff.
Is it possible to allow wildcards in the criteria?.. ie B?RIP to capture brrip/bdrip.
in a word, no, this is a limitation of the index sites, i dont know of a site that allows this unfortunately :-(
binhex

Post by binhex »

Is this then true: Any post tagged "Action, Sci-Fi, Romance, Drama" with a rating of 5.0 or above will be downloaded since one or more of the genres is in preferred (and all are in Good)?
yep, thats true :-)
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok last beta for 2.1.9 now going up, changes as follows:-

- added support for newznab free edition
- changed post title check to be case insensitive
- improved tool tips

i will be looking at post processing in 2.2.0, any requests for post processing please let me know, my current list of ideas are as follows:-

- rename movie files
- move folder to movie collection (or based on genre to particular folder)
- delete small files based on extension and/or file size
- move metadata (if enabled) into folder
- send xbmc notification message for movie (cannot be done until frodo)
- run xbmc library update
- download imdb poster, rename, resize, and move to movie folder
sirsquid

Post by sirsquid »

I am trying to install moviegrabber on freeNAS, but running into an error when the script tries to write a config file..

[root@freenas] /mnt/Data/downloaders# bash /mnt/Data/downloaders/startup2.sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/Data/downloaders/moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 376, in <module>
ConfigWrite()
File "/mnt/Data/downloaders/moviegrabber/MovieGrabber.py", line 266, in ConfigWrite
with open(config_ini, 'w') as configini:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/Data/downloaders/configs/config.ini'

Could someone please help me? This is with the latest stable version (not beta). Thanks!
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi sirsquid, firstly my disclaimer :-) , i am in no way experienced in linux and def not experienced in custom linux appliance builds such as freenas!. ok now onto things you can try:-

it looks to be that its a permissions issue or a issue with the volume "data" being mounted correctly, from what ive read mnt is where all devices are mounted, when you create a volume in freenas webui it then mounts this volume under /mnt. my advise is to enable ssh and then use something like putty to ssh to your freenas appliance, login with root and your password and then cd to /mnt and check you have full permissions to the "Data" mount point, if it looks like you do have then try running "python /mnt/Data/downloaders/MovieGrabber.py" it should then start correctly and create all required files.

i have for my own curiosity installed freenas (FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p1-x64) in a vm, created a new volume, mounted it and then done as instructed above and moviegrabber starts perfectly so im confident its some misconfiguration that is causing the issue, freenas and moviegrabber def look to work together nicely :-).

i hope you find the cause of your issue, if you do then please can you post the solution as it may help somebody in the future.
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

binhex wrote: i will be looking at post processing in 2.2.0, any requests for post processing please let me know, my current list of ideas are as follows:-

- rename movie files
- move folder to movie collection (or based on genre to particular folder)
- delete small files based on extension and/or file size
- move metadata (if enabled) into folder
- send xbmc notification message for movie (cannot be done until frodo)
- run xbmc library update
- download imdb poster, rename, resize, and move to movie folder
Hi binhex'
looks like you have some hard work ahead of you. My only request would be to move folder to movie collection based on MPAA rating.
G, PG, PG13, R this would be great for Kids. After the movie is sorted I would be able to allow or disallow playing of movies by there rating.
I'm not sure if any other downloader has this feature yet. Love to see MovieGrabber be the first.

Happy Coding
J03