MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
binhex

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by binhex »

hi J03, yep its going to be a LOT of coding and not all the features ive listed will make it in 2.2.0, but the rest may get included in later releases. i like your suggestion, ive taken a look and its relatively straight forward so i will add it to the list.
lysp

Post by lysp »

binhex wrote:
lysp wrote:
binhex wrote: try setting your search criteria to "+Rip -hdtv -tc -ts -rc -line -audio -telesync -telecine" this should then give you any rips without the pre release stuff.
Is it possible to allow wildcards in the criteria?.. ie B?RIP to capture brrip/bdrip.
in a word, no, this is a limitation of the index sites, i dont know of a site that allows this unfortunately :-(
Ah damn, i thought this filtering was done client side, not server side.
binhex

Post by binhex »

ok 2.1.9 final is released, changelog is in the first post of this thread.

upgrading?

1. shutdown moviegrabber
2. download latest zip
3. extract and overwrite all files/folders
4. start moviegrabber

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi lysp, yeah im afraid it is server side, i could take a look at client side filtering instead, the downside to this of course is that you may not get as many results as you would be filtering AFTER you have downloaded the rss feed/api xml, but it would give greater flexibility and i could then look at implementing advanced filtering like your suggested "any character".

im not exactly what your after but if its ONLY brrips and bdrips then you could tweak the search criteria so that it excludes dvdrips, which im assuming you want to exclude, so something like this might work:-

"+Rip -dvdrip -dvd -hdtv -tc -ts -rc -line -audio -telesync -telecine"
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:ok last beta for 2.1.9 now going up, changes as follows:-

- added support for newznab free edition
- changed post title check to be case insensitive
- improved tool tips

i will be looking at post processing in 2.2.0, any requests for post processing please let me know, my current list of ideas are as follows:-

- rename movie files
- move folder to movie collection (or based on genre to particular folder)
- delete small files based on extension and/or file size
- move metadata (if enabled) into folder
- send xbmc notification message for movie (cannot be done until frodo)
- run xbmc library update
- download imdb poster, rename, resize, and move to movie folder

Hi Binhex,

the move/reaname support would be great, but personally I would find good trailer support to be of more value.

Greg
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote:hi pilGrim, replies as follows:-
I was getting a some TS, CAM and bad R5 releases so I altered the search criteria to: "+BRRip, +BDRip, +DVDRip", but your note is that this is an "AND not OR"
try setting your search criteria to "+Rip -hdtv -tc -ts -rc -line -audio -telesync -telecine" this should then give you any rips without the pre release stuff.
but many movies are showing up twice, some with even the same file name, for example:

Entry 1:
Movie.Name.1992.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-aRMED
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:20:36 UTC, Size 839 MB

Entry 2:
Movie.Name.1992.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.XviD-aRMED
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:20:36 UTC, Size 839 MB
this one has got me stumped to be honest, are you positive the names are EXACTLY the same, this includes case.
In next example the file size is slightly different but based on post time these look like same?

Entry 1
Movie.Name.2012.dvdscr.xvid-voodoo.part46
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:24:42 UTC, Size 810 MB

Entry 2
Movie.Name.2012.DVDSCR.XViD-Voodoo
Posted: 21-04-2012 20:24:42 UTC, Size 863 MB
this one hasnt got me stumped :-), the different is the ".part46" at the end of the post name, as well as the case difference, i will relax the case so that its case insensitive for version 2.1.9, just to confirm though this still would NOT match as it has ".part46" appended to the end.
Under NZB.SU I was getting different postings of the same movie in the queue, which is ok as I can pick the best, but if I was auto downloading that would not work as I would get multiple versions stored in my library.
it wont download multiple versions of the same movie as there are checks in place to prevent this, the way it would work in auto mode is that it will download the first matching movie, after that it will know its already been downloaded by checking the completed folder, the nzb folder, and your movies downloaded folder, so its highly unlikely you will see any duplicates.
hi Binhex,

I was traveling all week so just not taking a look at your responses.

Yes I see it will queue up multiple versions but as soon as you dl one of the versions the others automatically disappear from the queue. So I imagine if auto dl (no queue), after one is grabbed the others are ignored.

yes the two movies were name exactly the same, I checked that carefully, but I do not have another example, if it happens again I will send you the logs and detail it out for you.

Just loaded the new search criteria to avoid per-releases, thanks.
Nitti

Post by Nitti »

Hi there Binhex great program you have here, i hope this is the right place for a feature request...

I’m using moviegrabber to search for genre, actors and collections, the actor and collection part works great...
But what i don’t understand is why you made the IMDB search criteria in a way so it bad list all genres that you haven’t selected, that makes it near impossible to search for let’s say a western or an adventure movies, cause if it’s a western/drama or an adventure/action and you haven’t selected the drama or action genre, then moviegrabber skips it due to bad genre. imo, it should work the other way around so it only bad list if none of your selected genres is there... :)

Anyway keep up the good work.

Best regards

Nitti
c0ld

Post by c0ld »

But what i don’t understand is why you made the IMDB search criteria in a way so it bad list all genres that you haven’t selected
Just started using it and this immediately struck me too. If I select Sci-fi as preferred and not Drama, that doesn't mean that I don't want any movie that is both a Sci-Fi and a Drama, I want every movie with Sci-Fi listed as one of its genres.
EivindB

Post by EivindB »

Nitti/c0ld,

I also asked about this. The solution is tick everything in Good and set IMDB rating very high. The tick only the genres you are looking for in Preferred and set the minimum rating you want for the genres you are really after.
This way a movie with just one of the genres in preferred and rating >= preferred will be downloaded.

(You'll see binhex's reply about this a page or two back)

-Eivind
taoman

Post by taoman »

Noob alert. I've really searched and can't find the answer in this thread. Im running Openelec and im confused where exactly I should download and run this program from. Would I drop it into the 'addons' folder? Surely there must be some best practice for where to store these external scripts? Also if anyone knows how would I configure it to autostart when the media center reboots?

Thanks for an awesome looking script, can't wait to try.
hotmetal

Post by hotmetal »

binhex wrote:ok last beta for 2.1.9 now going up, changes as follows:-

i will be looking at post processing in 2.2.0, any requests for post processing please let me know, my current list of ideas are as follows:-

- rename movie files
- move folder to movie collection (or based on genre to particular folder)
- delete small files based on extension and/or file size
2.1.9 is working great, thanks! Looking forward to 2.2.0. At the moment I'm having to run 3 separate copies of MovieGrabber.
One for DVDRips, one for BRRips (480p - 720p) and one for 1080p (bandwidth and space is not an issue for me).

Is this something that post processing can take care of? I keep the "downloaded" queues separate as its considerably easier to sort out.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi cold and nitti, i understand your confusion as to the way the genres are setup, i have had previous comments fro ma couple of peple regards this, if this doesnt seem intuitive then i am more than willing to reverse the logic so that it will then match on any good genre, as opposed to all of the genres having to be in the good list, just to confirm this is the logic you think makes more sense yes?.
Just started using it and this immediately struck me too. If I select Sci-fi as preferred and not Drama, that doesn't mean that I don't want any movie that is both a Sci-Fi and a Drama, I want every movie with Sci-Fi listed as one of its genres.
before i look at implementing this change does anybody have any objections to this?, obviously this will mean everybody will need to alter their genre selections to match the new logic, i will leave this as a potential future enhancement for now.

binhex.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi hotmetal, firstly in answer to your question, the post processing im working on will allow you to create rules based on size/file extension/genre/certification so for first release it wont do what you want, im guessing your after something like this:-

if filename contains brrip then move to d:\movies\brrips\
if filename contains dvdrip then move to d:\movies\dvdrips\
if filename contains 1080p then move to d:\movies\1080p\
At the moment I'm having to run 3 separate copies of MovieGrabber.
One for DVDRips, one for BRRips (480p - 720p) and one for 1080p (bandwidth and space is not an issue for me).
i will add this onto my to-do list for post processing, it shoulnt be too tricky to implement.

just to confirm the only reason your running 3 copies of moviegrabber is so that it outputs to seperate folders yes?, i would watch how often you hit the index site as you could be banned if they see you connecting too frequently, esp if you have moviegrabber running 3 times!, if you must do that i would recommend setting your schedule to at least 2 hours.

binhex
hotmetal

Post by hotmetal »

heya binhex
binhex wrote:Hi hotmetal, firstly in answer to your question, the post processing im working on will allow you to create rules based on size/file extension/genre/certification so for first release it wont do what you want, im guessing your after something like this:-

if filename contains brrip then move to d:\movies\brrips\
if filename contains dvdrip then move to d:\movies\dvdrips\
if filename contains 1080p then move to d:\movies\1080p\
Yup, that's exactly what I'm after. I have a group of friends who have different speed ADSL lines so some of them can stream at 1080p and some of them are stuck with DVDRip/BRRip streaming (hard to please everyone :P).
binhex wrote: just to confirm the only reason your running 3 copies of moviegrabber is so that it outputs to seperate folders yes?
Correct. Essentially I'm just after all movie rips, download them and put them in the respective folder and MovieGrabber is just the right tool for the job. :)
binhex wrote:i would watch how often you hit the index site as you could be banned if they see you connecting too frequently, esp if you have moviegrabber running 3 times!, if you must do that i would recommend setting your schedule to at least 2 hours.
Yea, its set for every few hours so there shouldn't be any issues.

Cheers,
Hot
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi taoman, your in luck, i too am running an openelec system (zotac id41 to be exact) so i can def answer your question :-)
Im running Openelec and im confused where exactly I should download and run this program from. Would I drop it into the 'addons' folder?
im going to assume you have a windows box as well as your openelec device.

ok you can basically run moviegrabber from any folder in "/storage" by default openelec creates a load of samba shares which can be accessed from \\<openelecipaddress> from windows explorer (put in the address bar), you should then see a load of shares, such as ConfigFiles, Downloads, Emulators etc, you can then unzip moviegrabber to any of these shares, i personally use "Downloads" as its not generally used by xbmc/openelec.

once you've unzipped moviegrabber you then need to enable ssh (if not already done), this can be done by creating an empty file named "ssh_enable" and placing this file in the "ConfigFiles" share, then reboot openelec.

once rebooted grab yourself a copy of putty (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta ... nload.html) this requires no install, just double click the exe, then enter in the ip address of your openelec device in the host name and select "ssh" and click on "open" then login with username root password openelec.

once logged in type "cd downloads" (case sensitive) and then type "ls -al" to see a directory listing, you should see the unzipped moviegrabber install, so again cd to the folder e.g. "cd MovieGrabber" then simply type "python ./MovieGrabber.py -d" this will then start moviegrabber and you should then be able to access it from any external machine by going to http://<openelecipaddress>:9191 e.g. "http://192.168.1.2:9191"

if you want to make moviegrabber start automatically on boot then copy the command "python /storage/downloads/<unzippedfoldername>/MovieGrabber.py -d" in the file at \\<openelecipaddress>\ConfigFiles\autostart.sh you can do this using notepad on your windows box, or use nano via ssh.

i hope this helps, there is one issue with this and thats that PIL doesnt work correctly, this is due to openelec being a stripped down os and thus is missing some libraries required by PIL, so you wont see posters in history/queue, but apart from that it works just fine :-).

bit of a long post but its essentially dead easy, should have it running within 5 mins, let me know how you get on.

binhex.