General Sbnzbd and Usenet questions

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
method115

General Sbnzbd and Usenet questions

Post by method115 »

I've had usenet for a little less then a week now spending many many hours learning about how to best use this program and usenet in general.

Info on my setup:
Media server:
Windows xp
Sabnzbd installed
HTPC:
Windows 7
XBMC installed
Usenet:
Astraweb

Everything seems to be working fine so far I'm about to setup sickbeard and couchpotatoe tonight. I do have a few basic questions I'm having trouble googling the answers for.

1. I see a lot of people saying to sign up for NZBMatrix or something similar that requires a one time payment. Is this something I have to do? I used Binzsearch to add some NZBs to test sabnzdb. Will sickbeard and couchpotatoe already have their own places to search from?

2. Will sickbeard be able to see what shows I do have and fill in missing episodes. For instance the big bang theory i have everything in HD except one or two episodes from season 1. Will sickbeard find and download them?

3. Is it possible for sickbeard to update the quality of a show. For instance the office I have in 420p will it download the 720p version and upgrade it for me?

4. XBMC addons for sabnzdb is their any point in using it? Seems like it basically just lets you control sabnzdb from your XBMC am I missing something?

Thanks and Im sorry if im asking repetitive questions I know how annoying that can be in forum communities.
J03 8LACK

Re: General Sbnzbd and Usenet questions

Post by J03 8LACK »

method115,

take a look here http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6138

As for your answers
1. you can setup without, using your own setup RSS feeds but it's much nicer with a site like NZBMatrix or NZBs.org. Second part of the question, I know Sickbeard has a index (Sick Beard Index) that doesn't cost anything but the small one time cost is sure worth it.

2. If you setup Sickbeard ( add all your shows ) it will create the filesystem layout it likes then just add your already downloaded show to the correct folders and then run rescan or rename and it will add your already downloaded show to the list.

3. I think CouchPotatoe and MovieGrabber can but I don't think Sickbeard can.

4. This is personal preference, I like to be able to view SAB's queue from my TV and check if a show has began downloading. I also like when it sends a library refresh when a show has been added.

Once you get it setup, You will wonder how you ever managed without it.

Just helping Out
J03
method115

Re: General Sbnzbd and Usenet questions

Post by method115 »

Thanks a lot Im going to go ahead and pay the fee $10 is nothing really.