SABdrop, a client for Google Chrome

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SABdrop, a client for Google Chrome

Post by sander »

Caffeine wrote: What version of SABnzbd are you using? If you are not using API-key authentication and have it disabled in SABnzbd you can also use username/password authentication. Make sure it's enabled in both SABnzbd and SABdrop.
I use SABnzbd 070 Beta 6. And ... ouch ... when running SAB 0.6.16 SABdrop says "OK" (but still nothing in the normal SABdrop screen)

So there's a different API handling between 070 and 06x?
Caffeine

Post by Caffeine »

sander wrote:
Caffeine wrote: What version of SABnzbd are you using? If you are not using API-key authentication and have it disabled in SABnzbd you can also use username/password authentication. Make sure it's enabled in both SABnzbd and SABdrop.
I use SABnzbd 070 Beta 6. And ... ouch ... when running SAB 0.6.16 SABdrop says "OK" (but still nothing in the normal SABdrop screen)

So there's a different API handling between 070 and 06x?
What do you mean with "nothing in the normal SABdrop screen"? So in the SABdrop popup window no downloads are displayed although there are active ones in SABnzbd?

Regarding changes to the API in 0.7 Beta ... I have not tested SABdrop with this version. Is there any SABnzbd developer around who could confirm API changes?
Of course backwards-incompatible API changes wouldn't be so nice...
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Caffeine wrote:
What do you mean with "nothing in the normal SABdrop screen"? So in the SABdrop popup window no downloads are displayed although there are active ones in SABnzbd?

Regarding changes to the API in 0.7 Beta ... I have not tested SABdrop with this version. Is there any SABnzbd developer around who could confirm API changes?
Of course backwards-incompatible API changes wouldn't be so nice...
Ah: after putting something into the queue, .... SABdrop indeed shows the a graph. Cool. QUestion 3: why doesn't SABdrop show a message "nothing in the queue"?

API-change: AFAIK no API-change. But could you test SABdrop with SAB 070 Beta to check for yourself? Maybe it's just some strange fault on my side?
Caffeine

Post by Caffeine »

sander wrote:Ah: after putting something into the queue, .... SABdrop indeed shows the a graph. Cool. QUestion 3: why doesn't SABdrop show a message "nothing in the queue"?
Actually there should be such a message, and a little rage face should be displayed ;)

But there's a bug when for some reason no connection could be established. In that case no message is displayed. It's on my todo list.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

Caffeine wrote:
sander wrote:Ah: after putting something into the queue, .... SABdrop indeed shows the a graph. Cool. QUestion 3: why doesn't SABdrop show a message "nothing in the queue"?
Actually there should be such a message, and a little rage face should be displayed ;)

But there's a bug when for some reason no connection could be established. In that case no message is displayed. It's on my todo list.
Ah, after the download I have the funny face.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

... and after running SABnzbd 070 Beta 6, SABdrop works OK there too.

Strange. False alarm? Or: startup problems?
Caffeine

Post by Caffeine »

Just released version 0.7.0 with some bugfixes. Please check it out.
Thank you!