Firefox 3.0.3 ... testing

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Firefox 3.0.3 ... testing

Post by sander »

My post with Firefox 3.0.3 is not accepted, as I get the message below. So let's see if this works...

400 - Bad Request

Your browser appears to have done something our server can't understand. That's probably a good sign that you need to update your browser. (We suggest Firefox, but what you use is up to you, so long as it works.)

* some helpful links:
    * The page you tried to access
    * This domain's index
    * The site that referred you here

error page generated by forums.sabnzbd.org
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
If someone helps you, please reply to that help.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Firefox 3.0.3 ... testing

Post by sander »

Hmmm ... that works. Then my real post must contain to much difficulties ... ;-(
Please don't send me unrequested PM's; the forum is the best way to communicate.
f you like our support, check our special newsserver deal or donate at: https://sabnzbd.org/donate
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

... and now my other/real post gets

An Error Has Occurred!
You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh.

... but the post (so far) does not show up in the forum ...
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

I'm answering this using Firefox 3.0.3 on Windows XP SP3.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

shypike wrote: I'm answering this using Firefox 3.0.3 on Windows XP SP3.
I got the first error message because I tried to post too much technical logging:
You were probably hit by the security filter of the forum.
It's suspicious of anything that even remotely looks like an XSS attempt.
Put the info in a text file and upload it as an attachment.
I think the forum error message should also suggest the above to the poster (me), and not just the browser-too-buggy-message.

The second error message is still unexplained. Maybe I was just clicking too much and fast. ;-)

Anyway: I'm posting this with Firefox 3.1b1pre on Ubuntu, and everything is OK again. Firefox 3.0.3 works too.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

sander wrote:I got the first error message because I tried to post too much technical logging:
You were probably hit by the security filter of the forum.
It's suspicious of anything that even remotely looks like an XSS attempt.
Put the info in a text file and upload it as an attachment.
I think the forum error message should also suggest the above to the poster (me), and not just the browser-too-buggy-message.
This is likely what happened. If you run into something like this again, please e-mail the content of your post to [email protected] and I'll figure out which filter is making it bomb out.
sander wrote:The second error message is still unexplained. Maybe I was just clicking too much and fast. ;-)
This is also probably what happened.

Edit: The stuff discussed in this thread has now been resolved. As mentioned above, please contact me directly if you come across something like this, and be ready to provide me exactly what you attempted to post so I can verify it has been fixed.
Last edited by inpheaux on September 28th, 2008, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.