Sabnzbd having trouble creating directories

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
AtariBaby

Sabnzbd having trouble creating directories

Post by AtariBaby »

Ubuntu
Latest version of Sab and Sick
incomplete/complete files are meant to go on a partitioned volume called DATA. Then completed files are to be moved to my popcorn hour.

At times, Sab seems to do fine creating folders for incoming shows, at other times, it gives me errors.

Also, I tried to change where the incomplete files go, to a folder called DATA/incomplete, but it gives me an error about creating the incomplete directory and reverts back to the previous directory. I have emptied the queue before pointing to the new incomplete directory, so I know that's not the problem.

Also, the completed files are moved to my popcorn hour media tank just fine, according to sickbeard rules, but the shows aren't being deleted from the completed folder once that happens.

Is it a permissions problem? Can I get some help troubleshooting and fixing?

Code: Select all

2012-08-19 16:40:47,552	ERROR:	Post Processing Failed for The.Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01E26.720p.BluRay.x264-PFa (Cannot create final folder /media/DATA/sab/complete/tv/The.Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01E26.720p.BluRay.x264-PFa)
2012-08-19 16:36:06,036	ERROR:	Post Processing Failed for The.Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01E26.720p.BluRay.x264-PFa (Cannot create final folder /media/DATA/sab/complete/tv/The.Avengers.Earths.Mightiest.Heroes.S01E26.720p.BluRay.x264-PFa)
2012-08-19 14:30:21,185	ERROR:	Cannot create directory /media/DATA/sab/incomplete
AtariBaby

Re: Sabnzbd having trouble creating directories

Post by AtariBaby »

Update: I was experimenting, and it seems that once I manually create any sort of folder in complete/tv, Sab can then create directories on its own? Maybe this offers a clue?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Embedded systems often have awkward permissions.
If SABnzbd cannot write to the folder where it should create its base folder,
you get the kind of problems mentioned.
Other than that, you can tell SABnzbd to adjust permissions by setting
a "permissions" value in Config->General.
This will not solve the problem of accessing disallowed low level folder though.
AtariBaby

Post by AtariBaby »

How can a linux n00b solve this problem? Sab can't delete directories, Sab can't create directories often times, and Sab seems to be delivering "complete" shows to Sickbeard script incomplete.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

AtariBaby wrote:Sab can't delete directories, Sab can't create directories often times
Permissions or platform issues, cannot help you with that.
AtariBaby wrote: and Sab seems to be delivering "complete" shows to Sickbeard script incomplete.
Define incomplete. Could be bad NZB files.
Did the files verify properly? No errors/warnings?