Windows 7 Gadget SABnzbd.Gadget

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
fuzion9

Windows 7 Gadget SABnzbd.Gadget

Post by fuzion9 »

The links to the existing gadget here are broken, so I wrote my own.

https://github.com/fuzion9/SABnzbd.Gadget

Its pretty basic, I just wanted to be able to see when SAB is doing something.

+flyout for history

jdlk

Re: Windows 7 Gadget SABnzbd.Gadget

Post by jdlk »

Thanks for this, it's nice to have another option for a Win7 status monitor. A couple of suggestions (I know nothing about gadget programming so I don't even know if these things are possible):

It would be good to be able to resize the gadget (particularly horizontally -- I'd like to be able to see the full names of files in the queue). Also, would it be possible to have an option to lock the history flyout open? It's very useful.

Thanks again.
fuzion9

Post by fuzion9 »

No problem, I am more than happy to share. Sadly, the features you asked for are not possible with the gadget system. Each frame size must be static, and a fly out closes as soon as the focus is taken away from the gadget, there is no way to override this (at least not with my minimal googling).

I think the next best thing to what you are asking for would be to just make a bigger gadget. It would be about twice as tall and 2-3 times as wide in order to accommodate the current queue and the history (wide enough to display the whole name).

Personally I like the small size of the gadget, but it wouldn't be too terribly time consuming to put together a larger gadget.

Any thoughts on that from the rest of the community?
nesoor

Post by nesoor »

The gadget says settings loaded but it doesn't show the download que why is that?
shepscrook

Post by shepscrook »

This has yet to work for me. It says Com Error at the bottom and Check your server settings and API key in the middle.

All of the information is 100% accurate. I'm using my IP address 192.168.1.110:8282 as well as I copied my API key straight from a browser window for SABNZBD that's open and running.

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate SP1
Over a network to SAB system. No firewalls blocking for home network.
scottywhu

Post by scottywhu »

yeh, me too shep...any solution ???

Cheers
Eejit

Post by Eejit »

Copying and pasting doesn't always work as you may be copying a leading or trailing space that the gadget doesn't like
Eejit - The name say's it all !!
Killerc

Post by Killerc »

Thanks, will have a look at this one, the links to the other are back and working but after having it running for 7 days or so and a queue of 130 ish i notice its using 1.8gb of ram, rather excessive and more than sab itself. Hopefully this one doesn't have the same issue.