Server for Sabnzbdb

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
confusedxx

Server for Sabnzbdb

Post by confusedxx »

I am thinking of getting a mac mini for Sabnzb, sickbeard and Couch potato. The trouble I have is:

1. local storage on mac mini and the complete folder

Point 1: Sabnzb leaves all files in the complete folder even after they are moved to the network storage. Secondly, I was told using network storage as the primary Sabnzb download destinatin (incomplete or complete folder) is too slow. I see 2 options and need advice on this. Option 1: Use network storage and deal with slow speeds for sabnzb downloading or 2. Find a way that the files are removed from the Complete folder once they are sucessfully copied to the network storage. Considering the mac mini has a 1TB drive, this is rather important.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Server for Sabnzbdb

Post by shypike »

We only discourage using external drives for "incomplete".
By all means, use external storage for "complete".
It seems that unrar is relatively slow when unpacking to a network drive,
but not so slow that it justifies using a local disk and then transferring.

BTW: how do you currently move the "complete" files to external storage?
confusedxx

Post by confusedxx »

Thanks Shypike

The complete TV files are moved automatically by the sabtosickbeard script. But the transferred files are left also in the complete folder :(

I manually rename the movie folder and movie file based on Plex naming conventions (a pain) and then manually move the to the nas.

Music is also a pain and totally manual in naming, moving and getting all the meta data correct
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

If SickBeard doesn't remove the files, the cause could be some setting in SickBeard.
AFAIK, the files should actually be moved (or rather copy/deleted when crossing drives).
The alternative would be to use a wrapper script that calls the SB.exe and then deletes the orginal files.

I don't know what Plex naming conventions are, but maybe SABnzbd's "Generic Sort" can help you out.
confusedxx

Post by confusedxx »

Hi Shypike,

Ok I moved my complete folder to the NAS. The unpacking on the NAs appears to take forever. SAB has been showing it is running the sabtosickbeard script for over 1 hour :)
It would appear the NAS is slow. This would mean I need to get an external eSATA HDD for the complete folder to do unpacking and once unpacked, have it all moved to the NAS for long term storage.

Since the Complete folder is not being automatically emptied, once the final unpacked file is moved to long term NAS storage, what setting in SAB should I be looking for to change?
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

confusedxx wrote: Since the Complete folder is not being automatically emptied, once the final unpacked file is moved to long term NAS storage, what setting in SAB should I be looking for to change?
There is no setting in SABnzbd because it's not a SABnzbd problem.
SickBeard doesn't do its job for some reason.
SABnzbd doesn't remove files after a script, because it doesn't have a clue
about what the script is supposed to do.

The only work-around is a wrapper script that calls Sab2Sickbeard and then removes the local files.

Code: Select all

@echo off
sabToSickBeard.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
del /s/q %1
rmdir /s/q %1
You may have to tweak this a bit.
batt01

Post by batt01 »

Check setting in sickbeard. You have to uncheck "Keep Original Files" In the Postprocessing config. Also you must disable sorting in Sabnzbd. The default setting in Sabnzdb work fine wheh using the sickbeard autoprocessTv script.
You need only set the location of the script and the tv category.