NZBMATRIX had closed

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
crypto

NZBMATRIX had closed

Post by crypto »

Message on site below, is this for real?
The End...

It is with our regret to announce that NZBMATRIX had closed.

We have had to make this decision due to a very large takedown request from a company called Wiggin LLC. These represent the following: Federation Against Copyright Theft Limited ("FACT"), Paramount Home Entertainment International Limited; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Limited; The Walt Disney Company Limited; Twentieth Century Fox Film Company Limited; Universal Pictures (UK) Limited; Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Limited.

As everyone is aware we are DMCA/Takedown notice compliant, and always have been.
Once this notice is completed we are left with an impossible task of policing our indexing bots. Even then it won't stop there, there will be follow-up notices etc.

Coupled with this is problems with payment providers, we have been through pretty much everyone out there, in the end they all pull out.
There are massive server/bandwidth costs to pay, with the payments in-stability this is a very hard task.

NZBMATRIX has never been the subject of any legal issues or threats.

Also the Usenet Indexing scene is going through some changes, with content being removed from pretty much every provider its making the existence of an indexer irrelevant if the content does not even exists anymore.

So it's time for us to bow out...
bmachine

Re: NZBMATRIX had closed

Post by bmachine »

Looks like it. Sucks hard.
5stringdeath

Post by 5stringdeath »

nzbs(dot)org does not have an invite system, it has been a closed system forever. No need to ask because nobody can give you an invite.
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

Alright kids, cleaned up your thread. You can now go back to mourning the loss of NZBMatrix, just follow the new rule.
Mediaman

Post by Mediaman »

I was a long time VIP member of NZBmatrix and will be hard pushed to find a replacement, as most sites like Dognzb and others are now all private

All I can say is how long before the likes of Giganews and easy news get shut down :( looks like I need to go back to using torrents Aaaaaaaaaaaa
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

Mediaman wrote:All I can say is how long before the likes of Giganews and easy news get shut down :( looks like I need to go back to using torrents Aaaaaaaaaaaa
The DMCA is actually what will keep providers afloat, specifically Title II of the act. The OCILLA lays out safe harbor rules that say an ISP (Giganews, Easynews, etc) can not be held liable for copyright infringement engaged in by its users, as long as they have a standardized mechanism by which copyright holders can request to have content removed from the ISP's servers (DMCA Takedowns). There are other rules, but that's the key one that's preventing the MPAA et. al, from going directly after all the providers, and why they have to go after indexers who could be seen as getting direct financial benefit from infringing activity.
Mediaman

Post by Mediaman »

Good point :)

Will be cancelling my Giganews soon anyway as NZMatrix was the last decent indexer
inpheaux
Administrator
Administrator

Post by inpheaux »

NZBMatrix was only the "last decent indexer" if you foolishly only had NZBMatrix as your one indexing site. If you wait a week or so, there should be plenty of new Newznab sites starting up.
ripnzbmatrix

Post by ripnzbmatrix »

http://www.nzbgrabit.co.uk/ just opened up for registrations. Probably the best site out there right now. Get an account quick before it closes to the public again!
Mediaman

Post by Mediaman »

ripnzbmatrix wrote:http://www.nzbgrabit.co.uk/ just opened up for registrations. Probably the best site out there right now. Get an account quick before it closes to the public again!

Cheers bud will signup :)
RKM

Post by RKM »

@ripnzbmatrix--
NZBgrabit now seems to require an invite code. And based on the SABnzbd forum rules, it seems people may not write you to request that code.

In my personal experience (just my view, I could be wrong) --
I liked NZBs.org, but that appears to be down as well.

Binsearch can be difficult, NZBsRus doesn't maintain a very large index. I've tried a couple other new sites that have popped up, but nothing great yet.

Good luck everyone :-)
djmx

Post by djmx »

So now what is everyone else using. NZBMatrix was AMAZING! i'm shocked they closed it down..! :o
jaysel

Post by jaysel »

NZBIndex.co.uk should be up and accepting registration next week. Just backfilling at the moment!
mptpro

Post by mptpro »

jaysel wrote:NZBIndex.co.uk should be up and accepting registration next week. Just backfilling at the moment!
thanks. ;D
eseehc420

Post by eseehc420 »

i have been using super search on my newsleecher but you have to no exactly what you want but its not to bad