Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair.

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Gothnak

Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair.

Post by Gothnak »

I've been using Sabnzbd for a few years now, it's an excellent program. However, as of yesterday, it's stopped finishing any downloads.

I was using 0.7.3 when it stopped working, so i updated to 0.7.7 hoping that might fix it but it didn't, so i've logged on here for help.

The symptoms are as follows:

I open a new .nzb file, it downloads extremely quickly as always (I have a 50mb connection) up to 100%, jumps down to repair, then pings back up to the queue at around 99% e.g. 152/155mb or 949/951mb and sits there for AGES. Then it pops down to the bottom with 'Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair' each time. This apparantly happens with every single nzb file i try, 100%, goes to history, pops back up with 1 or 2 mb missing and never gets them.

Any ideas with what i could check is going wrong? The items i am downloading are only around 70 days old, and is this is a lot newer than most of the stuff i get over the years...

I did check my connections number which was complaining at 60, and dropped it to 50 and the warning went away, anything else i can try?

I'm on news.newshosting.com if there is anything up with them at all the last couple of days?

Thanks for any help,

Mike.........
Gothnak

Re: Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair.

Post by Gothnak »

Right, well, emergency over... I tried grabit, and that had exactly the same issues... I then tried an item 1h old and it worked fine, so seems what i am trying to get (the 40 different versions i tried) are all failing... Bugger...

Apologies for the false alarms...
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

Gothnak wrote: Apologies for the false alarms...
No problem, we're used to that.
Diagnosing Usenet issue is not easy because the Usenet train consists of
so many fragile elements.
DJBenson

Post by DJBenson »

A lot of files downloaded via the SickBeard index are corrupt for me (files spanning many months) - this is a recent phenomenon and I wonder if it's due to the current attack on Usenet by the film industry (they are actively killing downloads on many of the big providers)...