Mountain Lion and Sabnzbd 0.7.9 out of retention

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
rsyzmni

Mountain Lion and Sabnzbd 0.7.9 out of retention

Post by rsyzmni »

Hello, I have been using sabnzbd with my old mac and everything was working well. I have upgraded to Mountain Lion and 0.7.9 Sabnzbd and now I keep getting out of retention failures on all nzbd files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sabnzbd. I have also checked my configuration and everything seems to be fine but I continue to get the same error. Can someone help me?? Thanks in advance!!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Mountain Lion and Sabnzbd 0.7.9 out of retention

Post by sander »

... and on your old mac, with the same server settings and same NZB ... what do you get?
rsyzmni

Post by rsyzmni »

On my old mac everything was working fine. I don't have my old mac anymore. I am not sure if I have to install something else other than sabnzbd app or reconfigure sabnzbd? I have also tried to find information about how to set up sabnzbd on mountain lion but I can't find anything. Thanks for your help!
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

I'm just triggered by your "... with my old mac and everything was working well.": always good to verify that, and whether it's version or instance dependent.

Now that you can't verify that, I'm afraid I have to say "welcome to the New Usenet"; Usenet is not like it was a few months ago. There are now a lot of DMCA takedowns, causing "out of retention" messages in SABnzbd. FWIW: Instead of "out of retention" you should read "not available (anymore)".

To verify your setup is working correct, read http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12666
rsyzmni

Post by rsyzmni »

Thank you Sander! I just downloaded the ubuntu file and it downloaded, so sabnzbd is working properly. Thank you!! Do you know if there is a way to get around the DMCA takedowns?
rsyzmni

Post by rsyzmni »

Hi, what can I do to stop getting out of retention failure notices? I am with astraweb, do I need to get another usenet server?