LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
luzer

Re: LazyLibrarian: Automate your ebook/author collection

Post by luzer »

i got a new git clone

9-Jan-2013 09:31:32 - DEBUG :: VERSIONCHECK : Trying to execute: "git rev-parse HEAD" with shell in /Applications/LazyLibrarian
19-Jan-2013 09:31:32 - DEBUG :: POSTPROCESS : No snatched books have been found
19-Jan-2013 09:31:33 - DEBUG :: VERSIONCHECK : Git output: bf5db4f4f4389c6be7af0f10fe1a592f01d7ce61

19-Jan-2013 09:31:33 - INFO :: VERSIONCHECK : Retrieving latest version information from github
19-Jan-2013 09:31:33 - INFO :: VERSIONCHECK : Comparing currently installed version with latest github version
19-Jan-2013 09:31:33 - WARNING :: VERSIONCHECK : Could not get commits behind from github

----

18-Jan-2013 22:00:40 - INFO :: SEARCHBOOKS : Searching for Lynne Truss. at: https://www.sicksab.com
18-Jan-2013 22:00:41 - DEBUG :: SEARCHBOOKS : Parsing results from <a href="https://www.sicksab.com/api?q=Lynne+Tru ... sab.com</a>
18-Jan-2013 22:00:41 - DEBUG :: SEARCHBOOKS : Newznab returned 0 results for: Lynne Truss. Adding book to queue.
herman-rogers

Post by herman-rogers »

Hmm, that's interesting as I can't find that particular line of code quite yet. I don't think anything has been changed to allow it to not search GR. One thing though, did you clone it from https://github.com/herman-rogers/LazyLibrarian-1.git, I noticed that in your file directory it says LazyLibrarian without a 1 where it should have one. Hopefully, the problem is that simple. I'll keep looking into this. Can anyone else reproduce this error?
nutski
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nutski »

I've spent the weekend working on resolving this and fixing the auto update, it's been having trouble checking the versions and commits as the github api was updated quite a while back, i've been studying the Headphones code which this is based off and have it working but trying to iron out a few bugs before submitting another pull request
nutski
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nutski »

Quick update for everyone, autoupdate is is not working when you first launch the application as it's not finding the latest git version number, once the schedule for checking versions kicks in or you manually start an update check from the config page these both work perfectly, just need to trace the first issue then i'll let people loose on it.
herman-rogers

Post by herman-rogers »

Good work! I've started to make a few small gui changes and still working on the problem of after adding an author there is no auto-updating the book list. Hopefully we can both have these out by the end of this week!
nutski
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nutski »

I've been looking again this morning but i'm still getting my head around some of the code.

I'm glad your looking at the book list update as thats something that crossed my mind!
herman-rogers

Post by herman-rogers »

It does take a while to understand how the code works, but no rushes. I'm still working on the book updater as well hopefully can work on it in full after some other duties are finished. Also, I activated the issues tab in Github (did not realize I had it checked off) so if you have any enhancements or bugs please let us know!
nutski
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nutski »

I'm getting a crash course at the moment! I'm still trying to figure out what happens on startup but i've also managed to take most of the latest version of the Headphones code base and get that working with LL database and setup, its helping me understand python by fixing bugs im creating!
luzer

Post by luzer »

i still get

2013-01-23 07:04:55 WARNING Could not get commits behind from github
2013-01-23 07:04:50 INFO Comparing currently installed version with latest github version
2013-01-23 07:04:45 INFO Retrieving latest version information from github
2013-01-23 07:03:44 INFO Starting LazyLibrarian on port: 8082
2013-01-23 07:03:44 INFO Checking database
2013-01-23 07:03:43 WARNING Could not get commits behind from github
2013-01-23 07:03:43 INFO Comparing currently installed version with latest github version
2013-01-23 07:03:43 INFO Retrieving latest version information from github
nutski
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by nutski »

Thats because the fixes have not been commited to the main branch yet as i'm still working through it
herman-rogers

Post by herman-rogers »

Update: Still working on minor GUI tweaks as well as working on some issues with the size of audio books etc. Mostly integrating the update list for the authors at the moment (and working on other side projects). Sorry for the slow progress but writing this to let you know its still being worked one. Hopefully get some forward progress in a week or so.

Also, the update feature doesn't work at the moment (to allow new git pulls) so just ignore the update feature for now.
luzer

Post by luzer »

thanks for the effort
camelrider

Post by camelrider »

First of all thanks for the great work and the multiple users who test/support/suggest new features!!!

I just set LL up (from the main branch - https://github.com/herman-rogers/LazyLibrarian-1) and i fear i have either found a bug or my setup is somehow wrong (although i assume everything should be fine)

I'm running LL on Win8 64bit with python 2.7.3
Major problem is that most of the authors cant be added as the "Getting Authors Books" never stop - the page refreshes from time to time but no books actually appear

e.g.: i searched for Robert Jordan and no authors were found at all

CP Server Thread-10 : Searching for author at: http://www.goodreads.com/search.xml?q=R ... 7omh74ZZ6Q
DBIMPORT : Searching for author with name: {'id': 'Robert Jordan'}
DBIMPORT : Found author: Robert Jordan with GoodReads-id: 6252
DBIMPORT : Error fetching author ID: no element found: line 1, column 0

although when i follow the goodreads link plenty of his books show up

or searching for Tolkien

03-Feb-2013 23:09:13 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-8 : Searching for author at: http://www.goodreads.com/search.xml?q=T ... 7omh74ZZ6Q
03-Feb-2013 23:09:20 - INFO :: DBIMPORT : Searching for author with name: {'id': 'J.R.R. Tolkien'}
03-Feb-2013 23:09:20 - INFO :: DBIMPORT : Found author: J.R.R. Tolkien with GoodReads-id: 656983
03-Feb-2013 23:09:25 - INFO :: DBIMPORT : Processing info for authorID: 656983
03-Feb-2013 23:09:25 - ERROR :: DBIMPORT : Error fetching author info: no element found: line 1, column 0

same result

------------

Additionally i can see in the python window that the
DBIMPORT : Error fetching author info: no element found: line 1, column 0
results in an "UnboundLocalError: local variable "sourcexml" referenced before assignment

Any ideas how to solve that

KR Camelrider
herman-rogers

Post by herman-rogers »

Been away for a while (incredibly busy month) but back now. I can re-create the bug, sorry this one slipped past me. It has to do with the rolling update feature it should be a quick fix though, I'll try to push an update soon with this.
herman-rogers

Post by herman-rogers »

This is an interesting problem, clearly the update function when moved to the (gr.py) file is the problem. However, at first I thought it was due to adding authors previously added beforehand (thus it failed when I tried Robert Jordan). Unfortunately, this isn't the case as I can add other authors I never have while I just can't add Robert Jordan. Here is the terminal output:

Exception in thread DBIMPORT:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/home/herman/LazyLibrarian-1/lazylibrarian/importer.py", line 100, in addAuthorToDB
author = GR.find_author_id()
File "/home/herman/LazyLibrarian-1/lazylibrarian/gr.py", line 47, in find_author_id
authorlist = self.get_author_info(authorid)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'authorid' referenced before assignment

Any ideas why one author would throw a unboundlocalerror while others would not? Gonna keep working on this bug. And for camelrider, can you add any authors at all? I can add Tolkien and I noticed you couldn't so I wonder why our systems would be different (although there could be windows only contingencies [since mine is Ubuntu]).

Edit:

I just noticed camelrider, you said you couldn't search for Robert Jordan? However, my search function is working completely, not sure what to make of this right now.