Update xbmc after sabnzbd finishes a download?

Come up with a useful post-processing script? Share it here!
Aeronnl

Update xbmc after sabnzbd finishes a download?

Post by Aeronnl »

Hey guys,

I am trying to find a way to have sabnzbd update xbmc after a download is finished, like sickbeard does e.g.
I read some topics about scripts, but i cannot manage to find a solution.

I am on osx mountain lion
Sabnzbd 7.10
Xbmc frodo final

Amy help would be highly appreciated!
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Update xbmc after sabnzbd finishes a download?

Post by b1scu1t »

Is XBMC running all the time? My setup involves invoking xbmc periodically and it automatically sweeps through a folder where all the media is and it picks up the new stuff added. When I finish watching stuff, I delete the entry from the library+the file.
Aeronnl

Post by Aeronnl »

b1scu1t wrote:Is XBMC running all the time? My setup involves invoking xbmc periodically and it automatically sweeps through a folder where all the media is and it picks up the new stuff added. When I finish watching stuff, I delete the entry from the library+the file.
Yes xbmc is running all the time indeed.
I have installed Watchdog (xbmc addon) a while ago, and while this is working as it should, it kept scanning all the folders on my hdd (movies, tv shows etc.) instead of just the folder which i added content to.
But fortunately, Watchdog has got an update yesterday or so, and now it's behavior is correct.
Thnx for your reply though!
Ashex

Post by Ashex »

There are a few scripts in this thread. I've linked to my post which uses a python script for updating, I haven't switch to Frodo yet so if it doesn't work let me know.