Commenting on NZB Quality to send back to indexers

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
psycik

Commenting on NZB Quality to send back to indexers

Post by psycik »

Has anyone every thought of allowing SABNZBd to allow to the storing of comments based on an NZB downloaded, so that the information could potentially go back to the index site where teh NZB came from?

I just thought it might be a good addition to allow a user to comment on an NZB, say one that failed unpack with a password, this information - intitially could be manually posted back to the indexer site, and later on if newznab/index site allows it in the api, automatically post a comment on a failed download.

Is that taking things too far?
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: Commenting on NZB Quality to send back to indexers

Post by sander »

I once read the SAB developers are very reluctant to include "posting" features in SAB.

Having said that: I agree with your idea.

Some remarks:
It would not be easy to decide where to post the feedback (in the newsgroup? on the index site?) and what the unique id would be (post name? file name?). You have to decide on that before you can start implementing.
I'm not sure about privacy; a unique point of News is its anonimity. With posting info, you could reveal what you're downloading.
In the Netherlands, there is already a distributed spot- & feedback system: SpotNet, and its deravites like SpotLite. Works for me.
psycik

Post by psycik »

If post it on the index site. Then with a change to sickbeard it could look at the ratings or comment and decide if the nzb is worth downloading or not.
sander
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by sander »

psycik wrote:If post it on the index site. Then with a change to sickbeard it could look at the ratings or comment and decide if the nzb is worth downloading or not.
And is there an API on index sites for that?
bluenote

Post by bluenote »

In fairness, sites have made changes based on sabnzbd requests before.

If newznab picked up the idea, it might go somewhere ...