Multiple RSS feeds per filter group

Want something added? Ask for it here.
b0x

Multiple RSS feeds per filter group

Post by b0x »

Multiple RSS feeds per filter group with dupe checking within said group.

So that way can setup multiple feeds all pulling same/similar data to one filter group that would act as backups for each other. Ensuring everything would be filled in the filter group even if one of the feeds was lagging behind or simply down.

On similar thread, ability to copy an rss filter group would be handy. Currently had to manually setup a new filter with a backup to two similar feeds which is resulting in a few dupes being pulled down while the main rss feed is degraded (slow to update new items). Above would solve this issue however.
b0x

Re: Multiple RSS feeds per filter group

Post by b0x »

less then ideal temp solution... copy & paste entire section in .ini and rename and alter url for rss feed. doing this for now, but still holding out hope for ability to add as many rss feeds as needed to each filter group.
ErikBrown
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by ErikBrown »

Yes, this will be a very useful feature. I use several RSS URLs with all the same long filter list. Maintaining these filter lists is quite some work since a single filter change has to be repeated for all URLs.

I would expect that it is very common under SABnzbd users to search for the same filter texts in multiple RSS URLs so the ability to create only one list of filters that works for multiple RSS URLs will be very useful.

Shypike, what do you think of this suggestion?
jcfp
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by jcfp »

Ever considered using one of the many services that can combine rss feeds, such as yahoo pipes?
b0x

Post by b0x »

that is an idea. as i prefer to keep things under my own control i installed planet venus and it is now merging three feeds nicely.