SAB web front end hangs in Mac OS X

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

SAB web front end hangs in Mac OS X

Post by b1scu1t »

Hello,

I am running the latest version of SABnzbd+ on OS X Leopard.  I noticed this specific issue, but I have seen it in the past also.  I queued up about 15  nzb's from newzbin to be downloaded.  Once the first 1 started processing the front end was not accessible at all.  The downloads were proceeding as expected, and it did seem like the rest of the nzb's were queued too. 

I forced killed SAB and restarted it and it gracefully picked back up where I had killed it, but soon the front end was again out of action.  This morning I checked and all the files had downloaded but the front end was still out.

Where can I debug this?  Is this a problem of the Plush interface?  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
b1scu1t
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Re: SAB web front end hangs in Mac OS X

Post by b1scu1t »

This is locally in the same computer.  I was accessing the front end locally in my desktop mac.
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I have the same problem on my macbook pro.  I only use it at university so thought that maybe the problem..  Will try on my network at home tonight and see how it goes.
rAf

Post by rAf »

I've never had this problem.

To help us investigate, i have some questions :

- Do you use SABnzbd from sources of app version ?
- When you say "processing", do you mean downloading or repairing/unpacking ?
- Is this problem happen only with newzbin or with nzb files too ?
- Is this problem happen every time ?
- Is this problem happen only with the last version or with older too ?

Thanks for your answers.
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by b1scu1t »

- Do you use SABnzbd from sources of app version ?
I downloaded the App dmg from here and I am using that.

- When you say "processing", do you mean downloading or repairing/unpacking ?
I meant downloading and further reparing/unpacking.  In this specific case I had queued up about 15 nzb's to be downloaded.  The downloading/unpacking/repairing seems to happen sequentially for all the nzb's, I am just unable to access the web front end.  When I do a "less" of the log file I see the downloads happening at a furious pace followed by the repairs & pars

- Is this problem happen only with newzbin or with nzb files too ?
This specific instance happened when I downloaded newzbin nzb's.  I have the firefox plugin nzbdstatus(https://nzbdstatus.bountysource.com/). 

- Is this problem happen every time ?
This problem has occured in the past, but I have not had this issue for some time now.  The only difference that I can think of is I just download 1 or 2 nzb's at a given time, this time, I queued up about 15 nzbs in rapid succession within a span of a minute.

- Is this problem happen only with the last version or with older too ?
I have seen this issue happen some time in the past, but it has been quite some time since I saw this issue. 

Since this problem happened, I did some housekeeping in the nzb & cache directories.  The cache directory especially had a 1000+ files which I blew away.  I did not blow away the .sab files though.  I also removed all the old nzb & nzb.gz files that were in the nzb directory.  I have not any further downloads since then, but I anticipate I will do so over the next few days and if things freeze up again I will keep everybody posted here.
rAf

Post by rAf »

Thanks for you quick reply, i try to reproduce the problem tonight.
How big are your downloads in the queue ?
b1scu1t
Release Testers
Release Testers

Post by b1scu1t »

In the scenario where I had 15 nzb's queued, each of them was about 400+ meg.  That same evening once the 15 nzb's were done, there was one nzb which was automatically downloaded via a rss feed.  This was about a gig.
rAf

Post by rAf »

I've added 38 nzb each ~400Mo from newzbin (with bookmark feature) and webinterface is still responding.
I'll try to add more newzbin nzb with nzbstatus to check if problem come from nzb upload...