How to enable\install multicore par2 on Mint 14?(solved)

Support for the Debian/Ubuntu package, created by JCFP.
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
semel

How to enable\install multicore par2 on Mint 14?(solved)

Post by semel »

I've just recently migrated to mint 14 and when I installed the latest version of sabnzbd from Ubuntu PPA Repository I noticed that multicore option is disabled\greyed out.

Could somebody help a noob ;) on how to deal with this minor issue? If it is possible at all

It is not just for sabnzbd that I need multicore par2. I have a script that would make raring\paring releases easier, kind of automode, and I would love to speed up par2 creation.

With regards,

PS OK, I've found this mini guide and followed its instructions http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/guides ... linux.html
everything worked like a charm.
Now when I create par2 files all my cores are 99-100% utilized and although sab still does have multicore option greyed out in switches it uses all cores during reapir process
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to enable\install multicore par2 on Mint 14?(solved)

Post by shypike »

semel wrote:although sab still does have multicore option greyed out in switches it uses all cores during reapir process
SABnzbd isn't aware that you replaced the par2cmdline program.
It won't be on a Linux system, only on the ready-made packages for OSX and Windows.
semel

Re: How to enable\install multicore par2 on Mint 14?(solved)

Post by semel »

After several days of using it I have to say that it doesn't work like a charm ,sadly. When I checked logs I saw errors related to these other two files that allows par2 to run in multithreaded mode and some pars were corrupted

I had to switch tosingle core par2. Maybe if I compiled multithreaded par2 from the scrath it would have worked fine but I didn't manage to do it;(