Unable to automatically get correct category from newzbin

Get help with all aspects of SABnzbd
Forum rules
Help us help you:
  • Are you using the latest stable version of SABnzbd? Downloads page.
  • Tell us what system you run SABnzbd on.
  • Adhere to the forum rules.
  • Do you experience problems during downloading?
    Check your connection in Status and Interface settings window.
    Use Test Server in Config > Servers.
    We will probably ask you to do a test using only basic settings.
  • Do you experience problems during repair or unpacking?
    Enable +Debug logging in the Status and Interface settings window and share the relevant parts of the log here using [ code ] sections.
Yalla-One

Unable to automatically get correct category from newzbin

Post by Yalla-One »

Hello,

On sabnzbd 0.4.5 I have configured newzbin username/password, and was hoping that would automagically populate the category as shown for instance when watching the queue. I am unable to get that to work, even though I have provided sabnzbd with the correct username/password for newzbin.

[Edit: It seems to work well when downloading based on newzbin bookmarks - then the category shows correctly in queue and downloaded file is placed in correct directory based on category. However, when the .NZB file is placed in the queue directory, it does not work.]

Is there any special magic required to get sabnzbd to map the newzbin category to the category when downloaded, and as such make me able to auto-process the downloaded files?

Thanks much in advance for any insight
Last edited by Yalla-One on November 20th, 2008, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Unable to automatically get correct category from newzbin

Post by shypike »

I'm not sure I understand your problem exactly.
However, the category is only available when SABnzbd itself retrieves the NZB file from newzbin, based on the report number.
For this you type in the newzbin report number on the left-hand box on the main page.
If you save the NZB to a file yourself and then feed it to SABnzbd, then the category is NOT available.

The category is not stored in the NZB itself. It's only available when SABnzbd uses the special
API of newzbin.
Yalla-One

Post by Yalla-One »

Thanks much - that explains it. My problem was that I use hellavcr to automagically download certain nzbs and place them in sabnzbd's queue, so based on your explaination I now see that's not a viable option.

I guess the way to go then is to have hellavcr communicate the report number directly to sabnzbd, or perhaps politely request a new feature, adding hellavcr functionality into sabnzbd  ;)

Thanks again for quick and to-the-point answer.
shypike
Administrator
Administrator

Post by shypike »

If you can get hellavcr to store the NZB files in sub-folders of the "Watched Folder" named after the category,
SABnzbd will pick up the right category.

See: http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/configure-directories

Excerpt:
This folder supports user-defined categories in two ways:

Sub Directories
Create a folder inside your watched folder with the same name as one of your categories. Placing a file inside that folder will add the category with the same name as the sub-folder when it is imported.
Such as, if you have a category called "Random". Place a file inside C:\WatchedFolder\Random\ and it will be picked up and assigned to the "Random" category if it is set.

Filename Prefix
If an NZB file has a prefix, for examle "{{movies}}My favourite movie.nzb", it will be handled as the file "My favourite movie.nzb", having category "movies".
Yalla-One

Post by Yalla-One »

Great - thanks again.
Feature reqeust for hellavcr duly submitted.