MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
binhex

Re: MovieGrabber - Completely Automated Movie Downloader

Post by binhex »

J03 8LACK wrote:I find it annoying waiting for the video library to update on XBMC so I resorted to static folder.jpg and moviename.jpg for file pics.
just in case you've not noticed this in moviegrabber, it now has some basic integraton with xbmc, this allows moviegrabber to send notifications for queued and downloaded movies, and more importantly for you, will now force a library update on movie completion, so you could use this to do the library update for you, only downside, you would of course need to have your xbmc box up and running all the time, possible short term solution?
J03 8LACK wrote: MovieGrabber has come a long way and if this causes any detours with the direction your going don't worry about it. i can always find another way.
not at all, i will look into poster downloads as its a nice feature to have.

just out of curiosity what are the issues you are seeing with CP, and if moviegrabber was to fulfill everything CP does for you right now, what additional features would be required for you to be able to shutdown CP?.
binhex

Post by binhex »

psps4056 wrote:Problem: The syntax "-keyword" is incorrect for excluding a word from a search on nzbs.org. When populating the option "This word must not exist in the post title", then any search returns an empty result. Either the correct syntax should be used (if there is one, because I couldn't find one) or the option should be removed in order to avoid problems for users
hmm odd, this is working for me for host nzbs.org, i currently have a value of 3d for MUST NOT exist in the post title, this then excludes any 3d movies from being listed, can you list the search criteria your using (all fields) and the category and i will do some further testing, you can pm me the details if you dont want them shown on the forum.
psps4056 wrote: Would it be possible to add a "No go" category list to exclude titles from the list that have a specific category? (Or perhaps there is already a way to do this?)
yes i hear what your saying here, at the moment bad genre (as in genre not selected in the good list) will only exclude a movie if ALL the genres are bad, if any of the genres are in your good genre list then it will NOT be excluded. i can add in a genre blacklist so that if the movie contains ANY of the following genres then it will be skipped, added to my to-do list :-)
J03 8LACK

Post by J03 8LACK »

Hey binhex,
binhex wrote: just out of curiosity what are the issues you are seeing with CP, and if moviegrabber was to fulfill everything CP does for you right now, what additional features would be required for you to be able to shutdown CP?.
I prefer MovieGrabber in every way. Its the true Automatic movie downloader, set it and leave it. As for CP I personally only used it for post processing (cleanup and Metadata). I find CP to be for Usenet beginners tell it what to search for and wait, I know how to search i don't need help with that. Automation is what i need, Computers are not just a tool (search) they can do all the work for you (find all the movies you may like) Automate.

As for any other Addtional features Search/watchlist and add more support for synology (NAS servers) and serviio (DLNA servers) library updates or maybe just the ability to run a script after download is completed.

Not a fan of leaving things on....
Thanks
J03
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi J03, thanks for the detailed response, just to be clear when you say "more support for synology (NAS servers)" are you taking about producing a moviegrabber package for synology? if so there is already a package produced by user Matr1x, im assuming for seviio your on about moviegrabber sending instructions via the api?, such as "forceLibraryRefresh", do you have a serviio box as i dont have and thus wouldn't be able to test anything?.

i will possibly look into a way of adding search functionality in the future, as it is something i would like to have available.

"Not a fan of leaving things on...." i hear you, i realise electricity is not getting any cheaper, ive added poster downloads to the to-do list.
RatTub

Post by RatTub »

I'm using usenet-crawler with this in the "MUST NOT exist in the post title" field

Code: Select all

cam,ts,telesync,german,foreign,french,dutch
However, I am still getting results for German movies, for example. (which have the word German in the post title)
Is there a limit for how many items I have have in that field? Or perhaps there are some other limitations with usenet-crawler specifically?

I searched but couldn't find an answer for this. Sorry if it's been asked and answered before.
binhex

Post by binhex »

Hi RatTub, in answer to your question, no there is no limit as to the number of entries in the must not exist field, i have tested this using your negative search criteria that you posted and it works for me on usenet-crawler, please be aware though this will not automatically filter all historical entries in the History for MovieGrabber, if will only filter going forwards from the point you put the new filter entries in.

so in short if you wish to view the history/queue without any german, foreign, french etc posts then you will need to purge all and then re-run so that the filter will then take effect. if this isnt the issue and its still not filtering posts for newly posted movies then please turn up logging to "info" and then force a run now and copy and paste me the api search url in the log (minus the api key of course), you can either pm me it or post it here.

let me know how you get on.

binhex.
herbdavisy2k

Post by herbdavisy2k »

psps4056 wrote:Problem: The syntax "-keyword" is incorrect for excluding a word from a search on nzbs.org. When populating the option "This word must not exist in the post title", then any search returns an empty result. Either the correct syntax should be used (if there is one, because I couldn't find one) or the option should be removed in order to avoid problems for users
I had this problem too, but was able to resolve it by placing "xvid" in the "MUST exist in the post title."
binhex

Post by binhex »

herbdavisy2k wrote:
I had this problem too, but was able to resolve it by placing "xvid" in the "MUST exist in the post title."
in a nutshell herbdavisy2k has detailed the fix, the issue arises due to newnzab not being able to really cope with boolean logic search terms, this has been a long standing issue and although it "kinda" works as shown above its not great. apps such as CP and SB do not encounter this issue as they are searching for known movie/tv titles and thus do not need the kind of flexible logic required for moviegrabber.

so in the next beta i will be moving away from newznab filtering and will instead be doing the filtering using moviegrabber, this has the advantage that i can then get the boolean logic to work as expected for search criteria, but it does have the downside that moviegrabber will have to throw away more "unwanted" posts before it gets to posts you want, this won't affect future posts but it will mean on a clean install you may not see as many initial posts.

i have already implemented the change in the code and it works well, allowing me to mix and match must/may/must not terms and have the results return as expected :-).

binhex.
splnut

Post by splnut »

log
http://pastebin.com/bYnj3RQk

config
http://pastebin.com/5MDLX5Gx

On unraid and cant get any results. On the history tab there is no history or purge history buttons.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi splnet, i see what the issue is, looks like i introduced a bug for the imdb favorites section in b5, this has now been correct in b6 which i hope to have released by the end of this week if all goes to plan.

for now please remove any entries in the favorites section, or just set the switch for enable favorites to "no" until you upgrade.

binhex.
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

binhex wrote: just out of curiosity what are the issues you are seeing with CP, and if moviegrabber was to fulfill everything CP does for you right now, what additional features would be required for you to be able to shutdown CP?.
Hi Binhex,

I thought I would jump in to add to the what would make MovieGrabber perfect in that other processes are eliminated.

I download all movies and then process with ember media manager. My main goal is to clean up for XBMC; meta data, poster, fan-art, trailer and clean up file name. I was using CP in addition to moviegrabber to get trailers during the time ember was not working as well, but now that bugs are out of ember I would only use Moviegrabber if it could at least get trailer, metadata and posters. I typically like my movies named as follows: MovieName.2013.bluray.480p.ac3-6ch - movie.year.source.resolution,sound type. File name is nice but not critical, but clean file name, posters, meta data and trailer at a must, so I would run a separate process unless moviegrabber could handle.

I am still puzzled why more people have not found and use moviegrabber, it is way better than CP in my opinion.

Thanks for the continued work on MovieGrabber!

pilGrim
pilGrim

Post by pilGrim »

Hi Binhex,

Just today I realized a new version was posted. I got B5 up and running but am also playing around with the uRaid version. Unraid moviegrabber is installed and running but what is the correct syntax for folder locations? the server name is tower and main user for shares is media, so, //tower/media/movies or something like that.

The version installed on my PC seems to be doing a better job is identifying movies that are downloaded onto the mapped unRaid folder "M:\" in my case. The ID movies already downloaded was main reason I wanted the unRaid version but I am now thinking it would be good as I can power down my PC when not in use and just keep the unRaid tower going at all times. Save some energy I guess.

Cheers!
Marc84

Post by Marc84 »

When MovieGrabber checks if a movie is already downloaded it checks for the movie name and the year in the folder name. Is it possible to change this to checking only for the movie name? I only have the movie name in the folder name and I think I'm not the only one. MovieGrabber is now downloading movies that are already downloaded.
binhex

Post by binhex »

yep sure, i can add in the additional check for movie name without year, will see if i can include it in the next beta.
binhex

Post by binhex »

hi pilgrim the right format for folders on an unraid system is the normal linux type, e.g. forward slash separates folders, keep in mind plugins are residing on the server and thus all folders are LOCAL to the server, so dont try and use UNC e.g. \\tower\movies\blahblah, for example the sab watched folder location could look like this:-

/mnt/cache/Apps/Sabnzbd/watched

i hope this helps, sorry for the delay in replying, busy busy at the mo!.