SABMobile: Manage SABnzbd+ from iOS/Android/Windows Phone 7

Got a program that plays well with SABnzbd? Share it here!
sarsipius

Re: SABMobile: Manage SABnzbd+ from iOS/Android/Windows Phon

Post by sarsipius »

Seems difficult of late, use to be just contact the developer through the app and you would get a response quickly. Not so great support for a while now.
lcasadonte

Post by lcasadonte »

I guess I have been trying for a few months now so I am ok with slow but no is not nice after purchasing such a promising app. I know I am not the only person having trouble using the urls to add indexers.
sarsipius

Post by sarsipius »

sarsipius wrote:Love the app. Is there a way to save your settings to port to another phone or tablet? Would be easier than setting it up for each.
fkmtc wrote:If you have 2 iOS devices, it already synchronizes with iCloud... Otherwise, not available, sorry !
Just if anyone else was wondering, I used Titanium backup in the end to move SABMobile over to my other Android phone and tablet, worked fine.
PasPer2

Post by PasPer2 »

Has the developer dropped this app? Was gonna buy it but if it's obsolete I'll keep on searching
sarsipius

Post by sarsipius »

Not sure. I was able to contact him through the app and asked for support with adding searchers. When I mentioned that I had tried to contact him a few times in app and on the forum he said that he had not received any messages from me or alerts to replies on the forum. Since then I haven't heard back, that was three days ago.

It's a good app but maybe Jerome is busy on other things as well.
lcasadonte

Post by lcasadonte »

He hasn't replied to any of my queries to him or posts on this website.
sarsipius

Post by sarsipius »

He did get back to me a few days ago and it turns out he has been in hospital. Maybe give it a bit more time for him to recover.

In the meantime I have been using NZB360 as my replacement. It's easy to setup newznab searchers but does not have the RSS function. It's not available on the play store so Google is your friend if you need to find it.
jjmucker

Post by jjmucker »

I don't think that was available for ios though? Is it?
sarsipius

Post by sarsipius »

Not sure, you're probably right as I was thinking of Android.
rjbeals

Post by rjbeals »

Can anyone help with getting the search feature to work - I normally use NZBSearch.net which gives good results. All the preloaded searchers with NZBMobile return bogus results. For example, searched for swamp thing and got a bunch of partial files. Any suggestions? I've emailed the app developer but no response.

LakersFan

Post by LakersFan »

Can someone please give me a brief overview of how RSS feeds work? So, for example, if I'm looking for a movie in 1080p called "The Widget", for the Name section I put "Widget 1080p", Feed is "http://nzbs.org/rss?t=2040&dl=1&i=xxxx" and Category is "movie". Is that right? Is it supposed to notify me when an RSS feed matching my "name" comes up? (ie a match that contains both Widget and 1080p)?

I tried this for the first time today. A bunch of choices not containing the word Widget popped up (maybe because they had 1080p?). Later it may have found my movie I was looking for, but it didn't alert me so I can't be sure. The only way I saw it was by opening the app and clicking the RSS feed. I would think my phone would alert me when it found a match, but maybe that's not how it's designed?

Thanks!
fkmtc

Post by fkmtc »

Hi all,

Sorry for the long time with no message from me...

I have just fixed the newznab search file generator on my website, so that you can add your own searchers in my app.

For instance, for OZNZB, enter that in the app :

http://dev.patey.net/sabmobile/nn?TITLE ... zb.com/api

It'll prompt you to enter the apikey.

Cheers
Jerome
manorfan

Post by manorfan »

Hello. I've set up sabmobile and everything works great in and outside of the network except I cannot get SSL to function. I've set up SSL in sabnzbd, and can connect via a browser, but sabmobile errors saying wrong api key. If I disable api key and use name/password, it says I have to use an api key. This is from within the network. Not yet tried SSL outside of network. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Bobby
manorfan

Post by manorfan »

Never mind my post above... Copied/pasted api key and it worked. Can't figure what was incorrect with the key before it, as I checked it character-by-character. But I can't argue with success.

Thanks!